New mission type – Newblood missions

Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
124 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54

As of today, a new mission type known as the Newblood missions, will make its appearance. Each new character release will be accompanied by a series of 5 Newblood missions.  4 of these will use the characters within the release, while the 5th will carry a prize of 10 credits and will be unlocked on completion of the 4 other missions.  These one-off missions are available for a period of 2 weeks and will be deactivated once the next Newblood missions become available (you will, however, be able to finish the missions you have already started).
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

61/124
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 05:48

1) I shall clearify my arbitrary time limit statement. I understand the comparison to Lds, but, as far as I can remember, no Ld required New Bloods to obtain, let alone four of them.

2) I am fine with having a time limit on missions, but the current new blood missions aren't timed. There activation is timed, but afterward, they become normal missions. This is pointless. That's it. You only need to borrow or buy/resell the cards to get the missions. It only makes new blood cards more expensive and offers no real reward for the effort. The Ld missions had time limits because their rewards were one-of-a-kind cards that couldn't be obtained any other way.

"So what?" you say, "Just don't do the missions if you don't like it. They're optional. No one is forcing you to do them." No one is forcing me to play this game either. This entire game is optional. Should I just stop playing because of one thing I don't like? No, because I choose to play even when the staff does stupid things* like this. The missions are fun for me. I want them to remain fun. That is why I don't like this round-about way of continuing what is already here.

*See also, the original standard idea.
62/124
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 06:34

@DoomBug:

I agree whole-heartedly on stuff like Standard. But whereas Standard (in its original form) would have just broken the game, this doesn't. That's the big difference here. Complaining about how reasonable totally optional goals are would imply that staff have the responsibility to set the bar somewhere real low, so that all goals are equally easy to achieve. I think that would set a terrible precedence.

It's okay (IMO) to have a few really hard goals in an environment full of different goals. It wouldn't have been okay to cut something like 30% of the cards out of the game.

One last thing... NB card prices staying up for a bit longer might not be such a bad thing. It gives everyone a roughly equal chance to profit more, if they're lucky enough to pull the right cards out of the packs. I reckon more people will just start saving their credits until release day so that they can cash in.
63/124
Sunnyjimbob - Legend English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 10:37

Lol readind some of these comments cracks me up. What people forget is that UR is a business in place to make money. This is what this is about full stop.

What people also dont realise is that this is a big clint making opportunity for players so quit moaning and get on with enjoying a game on which you are not forced into spending money.
64/124
HotShot888 - Guru English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 12:32

I just wish we had more time to do these missions. I could do them all in 2 weeks if I had the cards, but the prices are going to be high for 2 weeks. If it was even 2 days longer, it would be enough because new cards come out every 2 weeks, and as soon as they came out, hype would move on to new ones and old ones would drop a bit, giving us 2 days to complete the missions without paying too much
65/124
Metafogos - Colossus - Never give up Português
Sunday 29/07/2012, 15:48

A question:

" (you will, however, be able to finish the missions you have already started)" = i can finish the missions who I unlocked or I need start then (make "1 point" in this, minimum)?

Because the LDs ones we only need unlock then.
66/124
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 16:20

@Ghelas
I wasn't comparing this to standard in terms of effect. I can understand why you thought that is what I was implying. Perhaps I should have compared this to the new, less worthwhile packs.

I'm not complaining about presumed difficulty toward me. It's not hard for a player in my standing to (temp) obtain new cards. It's just annoying for me, but new players won't have a chance at these. It's like a security gate: You must be this rich to enter.
67/124
Stendra - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 16:20

Urban rivals. We get it that you need to make money. But we the people need time. Time to do missions and time to get all the four cards. We just want the mission time period to be longer. Preferably when the new bloods aren't new bloods, which makes the missions not new blood missions. Hopefully you can agree to this small change and we will agree to your big demand. Thank you.
68/124
CK-Shawn - Colossus - <=Chaos-Knights=> English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 21:29

Has anyone finished all the missions or have all the new characters other than Daussone yet
69/124
Sunnyjimbob - Legend English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 21:32

Lol Hobby ham and most others, you just dont get it. It costs nothing to buy a card and sell it for more which is what you can do if you are clever about it. And anyway, who cares if you don't complete a mission. Can't you just enjoy playing the game instead of whining at every small change, if not I suggest you find another game (in which you will have to pay more than you do in this game).
70/124
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 22:06

If I understand correctly, as long as you get the four cards within two weeks, you can take as long as you want to do the missions. When you get an NB card within two weeks of its release, you unlock a mission, which then becomes a "normal" mission with no time limit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals