New mission type – Newblood missions

Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
124 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54

As of today, a new mission type known as the Newblood missions, will make its appearance. Each new character release will be accompanied by a series of 5 Newblood missions.  4 of these will use the characters within the release, while the 5th will carry a prize of 10 credits and will be unlocked on completion of the 4 other missions.  These one-off missions are available for a period of 2 weeks and will be deactivated once the next Newblood missions become available (you will, however, be able to finish the missions you have already started).
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

71/124
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 30/07/2012, 05:19

You are correct, Ghelas. Simply obtain the card (within the time limit) to unlock the mission. That's a pointless addition to the system in my opinion.

My question is thus: Why can't they just add new character missions without a time limit like they used to?
72/124
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Monday 30/07/2012, 07:33

I think they will still add new character missions without a time limit. I'm sure the system will work itself out... It's good that the players that are unhappy with its current state have spoken up. Hopefully all of this will be taken into consideration -- maybe everyone will be happier if the time limit is extended a bit, or if releases cycle between an NB mission release and a regular character mission release...

I'm sure that some middle ground can be found, I just don't think it's detrimental to the game that NB missions exist now.
73/124
HsssH - Veteran - E.K.O & friends English
Monday 30/07/2012, 14:25

"Lol Hobby ham and most others, you just dont get it. It costs nothing to buy a card and sell it for more which is what you can do if you are clever about it. And anyway, who cares if you don't complete a mission"

So its perfectly okay that new players who don't own some expensive cards(nor do have lots of Clintz) will be locked out of these missions forever?
74/124
Monday 30/07/2012, 16:12

@HsssH: Yep.

Every time a DT/DM/ELO tournament passes and a new player doesn't have the cards to compete in it, they are locked out of a chance to win that particular tournament forever. Every time an event passes and a new player doesn't meet the entry requirements, they are locked out of it forever... Every time a card goes CR, new players are locked out of owning a bunch of copies of that card, forever. New players have less options than old players -- that's pretty much true of any game worth playing.

If it was a requirement of the game that every goal was attainable by anybody, the game would be incredibly dull.
75/124
HsssH - Veteran - E.K.O & friends English
Monday 30/07/2012, 17:55

As far as i know there isn't any missions about participating in DT on particular date with particular cards, or are there?
76/124
blackpete - Legend - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 30/07/2012, 18:44

Not a fan of this. It would be better if the New Blood missions remained until the cards associated with them were no longer in the New Blood packs. It seems like a cash grab, to get people to attempt to buy more packs every new release.
77/124
Monday 30/07/2012, 19:19

What I'm trying to say is, there are many cases in which an opportunity to earn something in this game is limited by time. This is just another one of those cases. It's not some crazy unprecedented thing that has never happened before, we have time limits for a lot of opportunities, and now there is one more.
78/124
Stendra - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Monday 30/07/2012, 19:36

Ghelas we the players just want extra time just accept it. thats cool if u like 2 weeks but others dud like more time
79/124
Sunnyjimbob - Legend English
Monday 30/07/2012, 23:20

Well I have actually purchased the cards and sold making a healthy profit. So my suggestion is go for it, buy the cards at the right time, unlock the mission and sell them on.
80/124
Dr Bluthgeld - Titan - Les Légendaire Guerrier D'urban English
Monday 30/07/2012, 23:35

So, I will purchase (or get in a pack) a new character to unlock the mission. Then, I will offer that character in the marketplace and possibly sell it. The mission remains unlocked, and I can complete it in the future, after the character's price falls to a reasonable level.

Is that correct?

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals