Changes to characters banned in ELO

Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
155 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33

The list of ELO banned characters has been updated.See below for an overview of the changes made.

The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Spyke (Berzerk)
- Lehane (Sentinel)
- Draheera (GHEIST)
- Lea (Rescue)
- Elvira (Rescue)

The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Kerry (Rescue)
- Sledg (Rescue)
« Previous12345678910...1516Next »

21/155
-Rapture- - Imperator English
Monday 06/08/2012, 14:14

Thank God Lehane is gone. No more Lehane - Jakson - Coby - Havok - Morgan - Tobbie - Martha - John/Flinch. Hurray!

As for the others, well, good riddance to Spyke, I don't fully understand Draheera, but Lea and Elvira being replaced with Kerry and Slegh is probably for the best.
22/155
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 06/08/2012, 14:20

A very interesting aspect to look at in terms of Rescue have 2 unbans and 2 bans.
With Lea and Elvira, arguably the best 2* and 3* choices for the clan, it does generate more usage of other 2* and 3* however there is no SoA and SoB that isn't conditional. This could pose a tough decision player wise when deciding to use Rescue... but it is still Rescue and the easiest clan to play.

With the unban of Kerry and Sledg Rescue will most likely see a boost in usage due to the fact that Piranas and Nightmare will have trouble playing against them however making the decks won't be as easy, especially if one of them gets banned.

While I don't use Rescue very often in elo, I think it was a good move on the staff's part.

Banning Draheera was needed but not greatly since GHEIST is already a bit weak without Rolph and Arkn but they are still useable in half decks very nicely.

Spyke being banned is a great thing for players because he was a very hard card to face without playing SoA or protection power. More votes getting Kalindra out on the weekly bans because of this. It was expected and I don't think anyone is surprised by this change.

Lehane being banned will most likely not have an effect on Sentinel's huge reign in elo since they still have many good 2* alternatives but it does cripple them a bit.

Overall, I like they changes some surprises some we all knew were coming but it should make elo a bit more interesting from now on.
23/155
Lord Gagaga - Senior English
Monday 06/08/2012, 14:21

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!
at last revenge
that Draheera and Spyke were a nuisance
though i like Draheera so bad for you Draheera
24/155
Saveroftime - Hero - TRiNiTY English
Monday 06/08/2012, 14:22

Lehane Why did you killed her, tell me she's the only person who helped me to get 1250 elo
25/155
Wakshaani - Legend English
Monday 06/08/2012, 14:37

Knew I should have sold my Spyke this weekened! Down 40% of his value already and dropping like a rock.

Alas, alas.
26/155
UM_Subby - Guru English
Monday 06/08/2012, 14:56

NOOOOO!! My Spyke,Lea and Elvira is banned D: i wont use Rescue for ELO again!!
27/155
0-Mystogan - Imperator English
Monday 06/08/2012, 15:12

Amazing, Let's ban every decent card and play with cards such as Bob Joby, Brutox, I'm sure that'll make ELO a lot more fun!
28/155
princekhlil12 - Hero English
Monday 06/08/2012, 15:17

Draheera is too much for GHEIST, UR staff
She is the only card with high power of 9 in GHEIST
where 6 power is normal.
Unban her!

Spyke is ok,no problem.
The zerk is still killing other clan without him
29/155
Icarus - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 06/08/2012, 15:37

Unban Yayoi
30/155
CoR Shade - Imperator English
Monday 06/08/2012, 15:55

Ok here is my take on these new changes to the elo ban list.

Firstly, Spyke is a monster 4* that almost always wins the match when he is drawn. I dunno abt the rest of you but i hate facing him so dropping a perma-ban on his butt is fine with me and im sure alot of u approve.

Secondly, Lehane is arguably the best 2* in the game with the title of queen SoB under her belt so perma-banning her is understandable in my eyes.

Next is Draheera, i have never had to put up with alot of GHEIST in elo and even when i did i never found Draheera to be overpowered so i disagree with this perma-ban.

Finally, to the highlight of my UR elo career, the unbanning of Sledg (my fav Rescue card ever) and Kerry (only real 4* worthy of a staple title) is by far the best move to ever happen to Rescue clan lately. Glosh, Benson, Suzie and Scott Ld all get bumped by Kerry now and Sledg makes sure that Rescue now has a decent chance of victory against SoB clans. Additionally, the banning of Lea and Elvira is understandable becuz Lea is decent and has the Rescue bonus to back her up, Elvira has the only unconditionally SoA for the clan and the Rescue bonus does make her a big threat.

I am an ardent Rescue player with Rescue being the first clan ive ever used and still use to date.

« Previous12345678910...1516Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals