The list of ELO banned characters has been updated.See below for an overview of the changes made.
The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Spyke (Berzerk)
- Lehane (Sentinel)
- Draheera (GHEIST)
- Lea (Rescue)
- Elvira (Rescue)
The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Kerry (Rescue)
- Sledg (Rescue)
1. Yeah...when i see Lea i tremble...that SOB in a 2 damage card certainly overrides any strategy, i always pill 6 or 8 just to stop it.
Hope you get the sarcasm.
2. Spyke permaban might be fair if ELO were a mode where we hardly see SoA, damage reduction, stats protection, and other power reductions with min 4 or less...oh wait. I understand he's quite good, but BROKEN? Hmmmmm no.
3. Draheera ban is absolutely fair.
4. Elvira...just pill 8-10 if you're afraid. Now seriously, she is better than Lea, way more problematic, but don't deserve a permaban. If she's OP, Otakool should be banned every two weeks.
5. I like how they somewhat put a conditional balance in Rescue ELO deck with the return of Sledg, you want the powerhouse in your deck? ok you (prolly) won't have SoA (Cliff).
6. Kerry is solid, good stats matched with a SoB only available at 2 specific turns...problematic when you don't have a proper counter (who the f*** would pack SoB or power/damage reduction in it's deck? better permaban).
Dunno, am i missing something? Maybe because i don't have too much ELO experience i disagree with the bans, so if an experienced player can tell me how a 6/2 with SOB is broken or "gamechanging" in a way to deserve a permaban, please tell/teach me.
If they unbaned Kerry/Sledg but not banned Lea/Elvira , Rescue would dominate elo . It's a fair trade , the only thing that dissapointed me was the prices of Kerry/Sledg , they just went extremely high .
The changes to Rescue gave the players more options to use in their Rescue deck . B4 the changes , Rescue : 3 stars ? Anita/Elvira , 2 stars ? Lea and that overpriced DR .
Same to Draheera
And that Spyke deserves a permanent ban , don't try to argue with me this one , just don't .... -4 powers min 4 is ridiculously strong , most of 4/5* characters with power reduction have high min ( 5 or 6 ) , 2/3* power reducers tie with him , can beat him pillz-to-pillz but hey , they are food for Elvis . So overall , Spyke kills power + characters , 4/5* power - characters and ties against 2/3* power - characters( not very popular ) . Spyke's 3 powers gap makes sure he will dominate attack manipulators most of the time ( on high pillz battle ) . AND Spyke IS NOT AS SHAKY AS MANY OTHER POWER REDUCERS !
So permanent ban ? Yes .
One consideration about the Rescue trade of low stars for high stars is that it's the larger, splashier cards that earn themselves temp bans. The powerful, pill advantage-giving small cards like Lea and Lehane rarely get themselves temp banned, even though they enable the rest of the deck to perform at a higher level.