Hear Me Out!!! ...please?

Wednesday 07/11/2012, 00:18
Diasterpiece - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
Diasterpiece - Senior English - Wednesday 07/11/2012, 00:18

Ok so we all know clans on urban rivals are based on a particular culture seldom pop/music culture. But I dont see any clan which is a GOOD representative for rock culture. I know many of you will point to Junkz and particular characters like Malmoth and Acid DC. But can anyone seriously look at Junkz say it's a good representation of rock culture? Junkz is indeed a good name for the clan since it's like a mix of white hip hop, 80s and 90s pop, 90's japanese cultures to sum it up, I would say from a very narrow perspective, the guy(s) that made urban rivals lived in through the 80s and 90s, were more into hip hop and anything music/pop culture related that wast really in the realm of their interest but popular during their time, they threw into the Junkz waste basket. And god, please dont say Berzerk either. Yes I know, Elvis, the king, Lizzy, and Taylor but seriously guys this clan is like a redneck power gang. I keed, but seriously, it's no representation of rock culture. Quite an accurate representation of imaginary characters in urban rivals who happened to stay in an imaginary motel when an imaginary gas leak somehow transforms into superhuman beings and literal rednecks.

And yes I know I know, by now your throat should be sore from shouting "TOO MANY CLANS, TOO MANY CLANS!" at your computer, but my plea is this, when you do make a new clan, PLEASE make it a clan based on rock culture. Better yet, based on metal since theres alot of characters you can make off the bat.

2/8
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 00:58

Yes, I wanted it to be more of a 'metal based' clan all along since i do like metal. However, it's also a convenient way for UR to introduce a rock culture clan since it's more of a heavier, darker tone than rock and also theres a clearer distinction from rock-and-roll. By the way, I think people should stop calling rock from the 90s onward 'rock and roll'. It's really a dated term, ok to use on the beatles and Elvis and etc. not ok otherwise. Just how I feel.
3/8
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 02:06

UR clans are based on archetypes rather than specific representations of everyone's favorite thing. There's a 99.9% chance that a metal-based clan will not happen because it is too conceptually similar to the Junkz. Similarly underrepresented are sushi chefs (we have just ONE in FPC,) poker players (just one card shark in Montana,) furries (Jungo's Ld, but where are the rest?) cannibals (only Tino) ...I could keep going.
4/8
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 04:47

Yeah, Frozn, snowmen and yetis, Vortex, aliens, sakhorum aliens, Pussycats, you know, Bangers, hip hop, oh wait, that's Junkz isnt it or...? Dissolve Bangers! Yeah that was lame, I need sleep asap.

In no way is Junkz conceptually made to fill in the archetype for rock, in fact, its a whole lot easier to say that it's another hip hop group than it is a rock group. Let's just say it's middle ground and it's pop. So where's rock??? Dont concerts in clint city have double guitars? Crowd surfing? Pyrotechnics? Guitar smashing? Headbanging? Moshing? Groupies? Where did the most popular hand sign, the devil's horns come from??? How is rock not an archetype??? Did clint city exile all people in rock? It's true metal is sort of a specific genre and that's exactly why I thought it would be a nice basis for a clan for two reasons. One, to edge it away from the Junkz comparison, two, metal is a very composite theme on its own. When you think of rock, you loosely picture an average band, a singer, guitarist, bassist and drummer, no persisting theme, but when you think of metal, you think dark clothes, leather jackets, long haired guys headbanging, spiky accessories and everyone doing the iconic devil's horns sign. It's a theme on it's own. Though it maybe specific, metal is still a big culture that UR wont run out of characters to make and it wont be so far fetched to reach out and put guys from hard rock like Slash in.
5/8
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 04:48

+1 Ghelas.

If anything, the clans designed as a motley crew rather than a group filled with the same types of people allows card designs to stay fresh and permits it to grow in all its aspects - design, background story, and ability.

imagine if we had JUST ONE sport instead of the all-stars. Things would get boring quite easily quite fast.
6/8
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 11/11/2012, 13:10

I'm still wanting a history clan , but you can never be sure what Urban Rivals will do next.
7/8
fantasyfreakvi - Titan - United Army English
Sunday 11/11/2012, 17:59

A "Metal"clan seems like it would be a bit too narrow. I'd much rather the next clan be a Medieval clan. It would be a lot more varied. They could have characters based on King Arthur, Robin Hood, several Disney films, the Lord of the Rings, Legend of Zelda, etc,, as well as just having regular medieval archetypes like jesters and dragons. Heck, they could even have a LARPer trying to fit in.

As for explaining how they're there? Well, maybe the Vortex could screw up and pull them into the present somehow, idk.
8/8
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 11/11/2012, 23:17

An ancient culture clan would be cool. How about an underground warrior tribe that rides giant bugs with simple weapons (and maybe a little magic) that was discovered by the surface by way of some mining operation?

Alternatively, home owner's association. Middle class of Clint City rise up. Viva Suburbia!

I get what your going for Disaster, but with Junkz and Bangers already here, adding another music-based "fight for your right to party" clan seems like a waste of potential clan slot. Also, it would make the rockers that aren't in your clan look misplaced.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals