UR rookie in need of helpful advice from the pros

Tuesday 20/11/2012, 12:54
slav.georgiev.3 - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
24 messages
slav.georgiev.3 - Senior English - Tuesday 20/11/2012, 12:54

Hey, guys! I started playing the game about two weeks ago, and even though I am starting to grasp the basics of the game, I am still a bloody rookie.

I am most interested in ELO Mode but I struggle with it. My highest ELO so far is 1102 with a mono Bangers deck. But I am not sure I like the Bangers that much, they seem a little shaky.

So, what I am looking for here is for experienced players--people who regularly get over the 1,300 ELO Mark, to give me some advice on how to build a competitive deck for ELO.

Now, before you all jump at me, I'd like to point out that:

1. I understand that the specifics of the meta game make it very difficult to lay out a perfect set of rules;

2. I know that between mono- and half-decks, probably at least 15 of the 22 available clans enjoy regular success on a weekly basis and different strategies can be equally viable;

3. I also know that the same one deck can do wonders in the hands of one experienced player, and then perform sub-par in the hands of an equally experienced player with different preferences and tactical approach.

So, what I am basically looking for is general input from experienced deckbuilders that can show me the ropes in regards to the specific requirements of the ELO mode: the rules of thumb on how to create a solid deck that will perform well once I master it, how to tell a good 2*, 3*, 4* or 5* star card from a bad one, how to pick which abilities to favor, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is how you do it.
« Previous123Next »

21/24
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Tuesday 27/11/2012, 19:47

ELO points degrade by a cumulative 2 pts per consecutive day of inactivity. So, if you miss 3 consecutive days, you lose 10 pts total.
I usually stop at 1200 and get 500-750 clintz based on weekly participation. 1300 is more time consuming.
Generally speaking, later in the week when more players have scored, it becomes easier to move up.
A couple underused card/deck thoughts:
When he rolls around again, get your Futoshi Ld. FPC is not extremely popular in ELO but Futoshi and Shifou together are the strongest set of equalizers from any non-SoB clan. They fear no bonus AND have equal or higher power than most everything else.
Hilly Billy is more or less a cheap, ELO legal Kolos. Even vs SoA he still deals 7. Matched with Dagg and Deea(or Atk clan) you create a this or THAT conundrum for your opponent.
22/24
Saturday 01/12/2012, 13:10

RaW_Shanks, I see your point, and as soon as I was able to purchase Lola, I tried her out and she is definitely better than Rudy. Lafoote, thanks a lot for the info mate! I will take that into account when playing. As for Futoshi Ld, I am disappointed in Fang Pi Clang and I dropped them. They are powerful when played against some generic setup, but they are never played against a generic setup in ELO or in Survivor. They suck against power manipulation, attack manipulation, SoA, SoB, and DR, and there is no single deck that doesn't run at least three decent cards with some of these abilities in every possible hand. So...

After struggling to get to 4 wins in Survivor ELO and 1060 points in ELO, I replaced Fang Pi Clang and I am now running the following setup:

Elvis, Kawamashi, Lola, Melanie, Flanagan, Gibson, Qubik, Tremorh.

I prefer a 2 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 4 setup because I consistently draw excelent hands with it. Hence the reason I won't use Hilly Billy.
23/24
Tuesday 04/12/2012, 17:14

Yet another disappointment. I did bad with that deck in ELO and in Survivor, switched to Jungo, got my arse handed to me, switched to deleted and eased up to 1100 ELO and 10 wins in Survivor in one afternoon.
24/24
Saveroftime - Hero - TRiNiTY English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 09:19

I hate elo Look at my score.. Darn it can anyone give me a elo deck suggetion which cost only 5k ? B**** Elo

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals