Perma ban rotation

Perma ban rotation
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 17:15
_wise_ - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
13 messages
Perma ban rotation
_wise_ - Legend - the courtyard of shadowsEnglish - Wednesday 28/11/2012, 17:15

So i was thinking, there are SO many cards banned in elo that quite possibly arnt as good as other cards not banned...if you get what i mean
also some perma banned cards now never see the light of day (Arno for example)

wouldnt it be a good idea to like have 1 perma ban card unbanned for a week, just to spice things up, release smokey from his shackles every not and again to ruffle some feathers, bring out Hawk to put sentinels back on the map for a week
just a suggestion
shoot
« Previous12Next »

2/13
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 18:12

Cards are banned for a reason. Though they may seem "not so powerful" by themselves, they're powerful in combination.

Arno -- it's not because he's overpowered by himself, but soa + dr + all the other soa dr's in the clan = problems

Arkn -- pill 2-3, or take 4 damage to the face. also has great synergy with Wardom.

Hawk -- overpowered by himself. even more overpowered with his great low star cast

tl;dr, no. cards are banned for a reason.
3/13
Taxt1271 - Hero - Limit Break English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 18:54

What the above said. They're banned for good reason. Unbans would lead to an overabundance of said clan. For instance, the Roots already have Jeena, Yookie, and Gretchen. If you add Arno into the mix there's too much dr in that clan to make it fair.
4/13
_wise_ - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 19:00

^ thats not my point, they are banned for a reason i have no problem with that... just wouldnt it throw a spanner in the works and make elo a bit more fun if a powerful card was let back it? i mean the overhaul of Piranas and All Stars is just boooooooring at the moment
5/13
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 21:48

A great idea and I don't think having only ONE permanently banned card, unbanned for a week, is asking for too much trouble. It would mix things up and make elo more interesting at the very least, nothing but good news. The way they could manage it would be to, along with the weekly votes for cards they want banned for the coming week, players could vote for the card that they wanted unbanned temporarily.

I'd kill to see a Kiki Cr slip through though.
6/13
Taxt1271 - Hero - Limit Break English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 22:03

What overhaul?

Anyhow, you can't do things just for the sake of shaking things up. There's too many problems with that. The character that's unbanned may lead to an overabundance of said clan and many similar decks. For instance, if you unbanned Lehane or Hawk you'd see mostly Sentinals staples all week. So, in essence, although you're wanting to unban characters for variety and fun you're really taking out variety and the fun of it.

When an OP character in a strong clan or sometimes even a weak clan you either have to conform and abuse the op unban for the week or dedicate your deck to fighting that character. Take Spyke or Kalindra for example. Totally op cards and when Kalindra is unbanned or when Spyke was unbanned, how often do you see their respective clans used in comparison to when they are banned. The answer is a lot more. It unbalances the meta game and makes it centric to a specific card.

Plus there's the logistics of it. How do you decide which character gets unbanned? How do you handle the DT penalties of the unbanned character?
7/13
100th - Titan English
Thursday 29/11/2012, 00:44

Good idea wise, would work obviously exclude the big 5 but other then that, good idea.
8/13
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 29/11/2012, 11:59

Urban Rivals allways keeps an eye on ELO use of cards. If need be they will bad some and unban some.

Rotating them just means every week will be filled with the clan that no longer has the perma ban.
9/13
_wise_ - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Thursday 29/11/2012, 16:39

^ also not necessarily, unbanning a perma ban would bring back that clan into most games, but would also allow for people making presets that beat that ... bad explanation really... like if Arno was unbanned, Roots come back, so people could pop out the stop: cards and have a bit more fun, this would increase the use of cans like Jungo perhaps, so it wouldnt just increase one clan to full use, it adds fun and flavor to a lot of boredom
10/13
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 29/11/2012, 19:02

I look forward to the week Jackie Cr and Vickie Cr gets unbanned. It'll be lots of fun

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals