[Event] Draft Event

[Event] Draft Event
Monday 04/02/2013, 15:58
Shanks Miagi - Event team English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
7 messages
[Event] Draft Event
Shanks Miagi - Event team - D-VersifiedEnglish - Monday 04/02/2013, 15:58

A new test of skill has emerged inside Clint City! Clans are lining up and each member is hoping to be chosen to represent themselves in this rigorous bracket style tournament! Do YOU have what it takes to be crowned Draft King?...

Draft King

In this event I will generate hypothetical "packs" of Urban Rivals cards using random.org and have the players create decks using their specified cards (lists will be made public to ensure fair play). Players will be given a chance to "trade" with other players during the event which will also be required to be made public. The rounds will be based on a bracket style system.

Requirements: 10k Fee, Hero Rank, Level 30.

16 players 4 rounds lasting 4 days total (1 day for each round)

The winner will get 65% if the jackpot

The Runner-up will get 30% of the jackpot

(Kate gets 5%)

2/7
Shanks Miagi - Event team - D-Versified English
Monday 04/02/2013, 16:33

Prizes Updated: Winner gets 65% of jackpot and 20 credits + Blaaster Cr
Runner-up gets 30% of jackpot and 10 credits + Marco Cr
3/7
Thursday 07/02/2013, 07:39

Official Draft Event Format - Moving forward

Requirements:

- 5K - 15K Event Fee
- A player must be at least "Hero" Rank to enter the event
**If it is a "Rainbow Draft" player must be at least "Legend" rank to enter
(player must have 4 or more full clans in order to participate verified with screen shots)
- The player must be able to read and type fluent English (This will differ if used for another community)

Setup:

Each player get a certain number of "packs" a player can not receive more then 20% of their cards as doubles.
Cards in each clan will be numbered and the packs will be generated using random.org
Packs will consist of the following:
- Extended (3 Characters chosen from 4 clans among all available cards)
- Standard (3 Characters chosen from 6 clans among all available standard cards)
- Rainbow (3 Characters chosen from all clans among all available cards)

Since cards are coming in packs a player MUST have ALL of the available cards from their chosen clans
**Some "Draft Events" MAY be themed meaning clans are generated for the players

Rounds last as long as it takes all players to finish matches (max 24 hrs)
Cool-downs last 1-3 hours
Players: Min. 8, 16 or 32
Number of rounds: 3 - 5 depending on the amount of players

Event Basics:

-Cool-down Phase: The "Cool-down Phase" is a time of which you may trade cards with other players
in draft TRADES MUST BE MADE PUBLIC, SO THERE IS NO CHEATING AMONG TRADES.
-Elimination Phase: Half the players will be eliminated
-Packs will be given through "Private Message" and then posted in the Turkish section
-Trades will take place in the Italian section of the Event
-Questions, comments or concerns can be posted in the Polish section of the event or sent via PM

Strategy: Hold onto cards that are good in future rounds, as you will have limited card resources in the Urban Rivals Draft.

Clan selection: When deciding what clans to pick in extended or standard packs, remember to consider all the cards you stand to get.

Obtaining Extra Packs: You can obtain a new pack (up to 3) with a card donation (1k-2k)

Formats and Round setup:

Round 1: 27 stars
3 clans
9 - 12 characters
clans must be even

Elimination Phase
Cool-down Phase

Round 2: 30 stars
4 clans
8-12 characters
clans must be even

Elimination Phase
Cool-down Phase

Round 3: 28 stars
2 clans
8 characters

Elimination Phase
Cool-down Phase

Round 4: 25 stars
1 clan

Elimination Phase
No Cool-down

Round 5: Any stars
4 clans (6 in standard)

Rounds will be played bracket style, 1v1 in a 2 out 3 match

Prizes:

Winner gets 65% of Jackpot and (?)
Runner-up gets 30% of Jackpot and (?)
(if/when we have another draft, if the previous "Draft King" is defeated the player who beats him gets a card "?"
4/7
Thursday 07/02/2013, 07:40

Now to answer some general questions about the event i will take what i wrote as reponses on the event page and through PMs and quote them on this forum post

"can we run doubles in all of our decks?
No, actually very few decks will get to play doubles, this is part of what the "Cool-down phase" is meant for, all trades must be made public.

actually speak of the trading, a player seemed concern about having a good deck for the first round, here is what i told him verbatim and will be repeating here for anyone else with concerns

the question was
"> That's...interestingly random.
> Only one La Junta, and three unplayable clans for the first round."

i took this to mean in terms of star count and of course amount of cards per clan

the answer was:
"I'm not quite sure what you consider unplayable but i see many playable cards there. also this is why there is a "Trade" period that should be publicly posted on the Italian chat section, after matches are generated they will be postponed in which time players can talk amongst themselves and help one another out, the trades however are the one thing that MUST be made public in order to keep records,"

i also had another question about trading

the question was:
"i am sorry... i have to ask you
that are.my packs.which can i trade anothers?.. 3 char together and I can play all character from this.packs? +why Maurice 2 times? "

the answer was:
"trades will be through individual cards between players. all trades made public so i can keep proper records of everyones cards coming out of each cool-down phase. also, double happen through random.org this is another reason i implemented the cool-down phase, so that everyone could have time to trade out doubles with other players "

I will continue to try and answer any and all questions, keep in mind this is a sort of "beta run" or first attempt at this, i don't know of any other "draft style" event that has been ran so i am trying this system fresh and you all are the first with this system, please bare with me as there is only so much i can do with just an "outline" and some of the processes may need more detail added ect. Also, the system will be constantly improving and I have a couple surprise ideas in store to try and lighten the fact that the kinks are still being worked out of the initial idea this event is base around.

yet more questions answered

the question was:
"last questions... can I teoreticaly trade one card for 2 cards? and what happend i wont be able to set up 27 deck of 9 characters... it is probably impossible"]

the answer was:
"you may trade with players in whatever "fair agreement" (1 for 2 or 1 for 3 ect) you can come up with, however trades can only be among the "cards" obtained in the "packs" in this event. as for the format, look among the players cards and talk with the players to try and come up with the best options for all of you, teamwork and rivalries may actually play a key part in this event That being said, however, it did not go unnoticed to me that many high star cards have been flowing in with my system, I will be taking the average star count of the "packs" generated in this event so far and possibly adjusting the format star count's accordingly (this may be a constant change among the events as well in order to keep things as balanced as possible)"

LD cards of course and cr cards are not required as they are not "available in packs"

before joining this event, i have a few questions.
1)For example i have 93% of all the collection. I have all the clans. Some are full. But most of the clans i miss 1 - 2 newest cards. Will it be enough to join? Ofc i can fix it
2)I did not get about part, that you will give us packs. Really? we will have packs 4 free?? If thats the case im in

(these questions answered correctly by a player below)

He will not be giving us packs he will be drawing cards as if we are recieving them in packs.

Plus as long as you can get the cards draw from the standard packs at easy you can join the event, i believe you can so would have no problem in joining!

with the new feature: -Obtaining Extra Packs: You can obtain a new pack (up to 3) with a card donation (1k-2k)***NEW FEATURE***

came this quesion:
is there a cap on how much we donate?
6k cap (2k cap for each pack) in order to obtain packs any donations beyond that are just appreciated, and all donations are put towards prizes

Can we choose to donate after we've received our initial packs?
yes that is fine you can get your extra packs at any point during the event

One suggestion might be making the stars limit for each round a maximum, e.g. you drafted an awesome deck of 4x Edwin and 4x Mona, but because of the 27 star limit you have to play your Candy Jack and Gary... or is this intended?
that was the intention, while i have been wondering about doing the same during the first 2 pack sets, I believe that a certain star count should help limit the wondrous luck some could receive through their packs
5/7
Thursday 07/02/2013, 07:40

Are the odds of receiving common/uncommon/rare cards weighted? (Part of my clan choice was based on clans that have good common cards)
do not base your choices this way, cards are not weighted as this could cause much to many doubles with my system
6/7
Thursday 07/02/2013, 07:44

Event Basics: (updated slightly)

-Cool-down Phase: The "Cool-down Phase" is a time of which you may trade cards with other the other players in draft TRADES MUST BE MADE PUBLIC, SO THERE IS NO CHEATING AMONG TRADES.

-Elimination Phase: Half the players will be eliminated

-Clan choices should be posted on Dutch Section or sent by PM

-Packs will be given through "Private Message" and then posted in the Turkish section

-Obtaining Extra Packs: You can obtain a new pack (up to 3) with a card donation (1k-2k)***NEW FEATURE***

-Trades will take place in the Italian section of the Event

-Questions, comments or concerns can be posted in the Polish section of the event or sent via PM

Strategy: Hold onto cards that are good in future rounds, as you will have limited card resources in the Urban Rivals Draft.

Clan selection: When deciding what clans to pick in extended or standard packs, remember to consider all the cards you stand to get.
7/7
Monday 04/03/2013, 16:36

Next in the series: Draft King 2

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals