Weekly Summary

Weekly Summary
Friday 22/02/2013, 22:56
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
13 messages
Weekly Summary
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDangEnglish - Friday 22/02/2013, 22:56

Heavy Montana, Jungo and GHEIST this week- not such a fun week to play, it's pretty easy to lose the match on turn 1 if you play poorly. I also saw a lot of FPC, strangely... I think those were by far the easiest wins for me this week. This is what I ended up using (GHEIST/ Vortex):

http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/presets/?id_preset=2540959

For whatever reason, GHEIST is in a situation where their games are so much easier if they draw a 5*, and their 4* are pretty hard to use in this environment. What can I say, SOA goes well on anything but it's best on 5* and 3*. I see no point in running GHEIST mono. Elke? Thanks but I'd rather take Cyb Lhia.

Ksendra- what can I say? When she came out I thought: she might be too good. Now I can definitely say that she is too good, and Ksendra+Bristone+Leviatonn+[Wardom or another 5*] is the core of GHEIST right now.

Ksendra: She's even MVP awesome in the GHEIST mirror!
Wardom: Between Bristone and Ksendra, I often didn't even need to hit for 8. I just needed to hit for 5 and they can't win through the awesome GHEIST DR.
Leviatonn: Invaluable against Skeelz, brings on the pain and KOs for everyone.
Platinum: I found him t3ch for this week. Lots of 6 power characters out there. In one game, smashed Sammy 44-44 (11 pills on Sammy, 10 on Plantinum).
C Wing: I usually prefer Neloe but I wanted his extra damage.

I love this preset, it's easy to play and your opponent has very little room for error. Maybe Montana instead of Vortex next time
« Previous12Next »

2/13
Joinone - Titan - XiongDang English
Saturday 23/02/2013, 05:36

I haven't seen anyone use Ksendra, AT ALL, just a lot of XU52
The thing is, 4 star GHEIST is a must for 2HKO decks. 6+ damage + XU52 or Wardom, or 4 damage + 10. Losing this threat is kind of a loss. Again, you are running halves, different story.
I think your deck works, not sure why so many downvotes though.

Here is my pussycat + Freaks fairly easy to use.
Match-ups are all fine I guess.
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=2540760
3/13
Fotakou - Imperator ελληνικά
Saturday 23/02/2013, 09:41

Well people are bad. They want the decks of the pro's,they never use them and they upvote them. Or they end up using them,can't get near the ELO scores and they don't remove their votes. Being popular also seems to work as well on getting votes as well.

The bad thing with UR is that many players seem to think they are skilled or something while they forget that luck is like 50% or more in this game,from the moment you draw your hand,to the matchup,to the pilling moment where you can lose/win a round for 1 pill. That's not skill,that's just luck. Wanna feel skilled? Go try DOTA 2,LoL,HoN,CS or something with movement. Got money and feel lucky? Welcome to UR
4/13
Joinone - Titan - XiongDang English
Saturday 23/02/2013, 13:37

Will you say LOL is 50% luck when matchmaking is random and there are good/bad teammates?
Luck is of course a factor, but I won't over-value it.
I think those games are partly similar since there is strategy involved. Drawing cards is random, but you play with what you have. You read what is going on on the field and decide what to do next. It requires a better understanding to be a better player.
On the strategic level, UR might be a deeper game than all of those. Of course it's mechanically much simpler. Well if you enjoy beating people with better clicking mechanics, MOBA games and FPS are definitely more enjoyable. But if you enjoy something like poker, UR might be the better fit.

(Creating presets is a marketing sim :razz
5/13
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 23/02/2013, 18:23

@Fotakou: I've said this to many people before, but skill > luck in this game. How else do you explain that some people can make 1400+ on a regular basis and some start struggling in the 1200s, despite the fact that they both have the same cards? I would say that the latest bans and the introduction of powerful new cards have made this game more luck-based, which I don't like... Attack manip Jungo seems pro until you run into Roots, Roots seem pro until you run into All Stars and Karen, All Stars seem pretty pro until you get torn to shreds by SoB, and SoB seems pretty pro until someone reads your opener. But it's still much, much more skill than luck, and the consistency of high-rated players ELO scores shows that.

@Kitsune: Interesting deck. It's not bad in that you can ride the C Wing/Wardom combo all the way to 1300 by itself. Platinum is an unorthodox choice, and I'm not sure I would give up the relative stability of Z3r0 D34d for him. To his credit, he does a killer job against Buba and Troompah, who I've seen quite a bit of this week.

...I think I'm too old to understand what "t3ch" means.
6/13
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Saturday 23/02/2013, 18:27

I think a good way of thinking about UR is to think of probability rather than luck.

When I play a character and think about how many pills to put on the character, my thinking is: every pill I commit increases the chance of my character winning the round. How important is this winning this round to me winning the match? It's not an even increase. Most of the time, if you play a character with 1 pill, it is much more likely to win the round than 0 pills. 2 pills even better. And then generally you have diminishing returns beyond 2-3 pills. So you have to figure out how many pills you can spare, and then figure out what is the "sweet spot" to pill. For me this is a more effective and dependable approach than trying to guess my opponents' choices.
7/13
0 KILLIC - Titan - Limit Break English
Saturday 23/02/2013, 19:05

Well your deck won me a 25k WOP thanks
8/13
Saturday 23/02/2013, 22:54

Any suggestions?
9/13
Saturday 23/02/2013, 22:58

Yes, I was thinking Jungo as well as Montana. Platinum is super t3ch against Montana: Prince Jr and Oscar need 3 pills to get to 8 power, 4 pills to actually get over 8 power. Their 7 power guys need 2 pills, and their 6 power guys need 3 pills. Montana doesn't have good answers to Platinum. This matchup is a good reason for using Platinum over Z3r0 D34d this week. Also, Z3r0 is debatably even worse in SOA mirror matches.
10/13
BK-Stillborn - Titan Español
Saturday 23/02/2013, 23:56

What does "WOP" means?

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals