Card Review Problems

Card Review Problems
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 19:03
lightball20 - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
9 messages
Card Review Problems
lightball20 - Imperator English - Tuesday 12/03/2013, 19:03

People I have a problem with how you review cards. For some reason if SOA kills a card it means the card is bad and no matter what card it is if it has an ability that isn't backlash or STOP or Protect:Bonus people seem to think that they need to point out that SOA kills the card. Yes we know that SOA removes the abilities of cards with abilities. Thats the point of SOA. I see cards like Alec Cr having peoples saying he is a bad card because SOA makes him a 7/4, a card that is very powerful with an ability that becomes weaker when hit by SOA is not a bad card. That is SOA doing what its meant to do. Make powerful card abilities stop working.

Also please stop talking about the star count as a pro or con on a card. In T1 most decks still run a 5* in it even thought its "big and hard to fit in a deck" Instead of talking about how cards are hard to fit in a deck because it has high stars or easy to fit because its low starts instead talk about how it compares to other cards at its star count. And remember most decks are 5-4-4-3-3-2-2-2 so a 4* has as many spots in the deck as a 3* does.

Last one please stop comparing cards to similar cards in other clans and saying Card A in clan A is a bad card so card B in clan B is going to be a bad card. Different clans have different play styles and different bonuses. I have seen people compare Dwan and say she should be worth similar to Charlie because they are both dr's They are in different clans Charlie has 2 more damage.

2/9
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 21:34

Do us all a favour and review the cards yourself then. We'll see how great you do.
3/9
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 22:26

Forget reviewing them yourself, do us all a favor and actually "use" them. You'll see after a while that we were all correct, and that this massive "great wall of china" text was all for not.
4/9
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 23:38

Vote up the good reviews
vote down the bad reviews

most democratic way to express your view on reviews

write your own is even better
5/9
0 Anderson - Titan - UTOPiA English
Tuesday 12/03/2013, 23:45

Pointing out that a card is vulnerable to SOA isn't a problem. What is a problem is how every review seems to include, "Mini Mosu can deal 8 damage WITH FURY". I don't believe every post needs to include how to add 2 to a card's damage.
6/9
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Thursday 14/03/2013, 06:52

Don't get down on the guy too bad. He is just trying to voice his opinion on what he sees being redundant thing to say in a card review. Think of it as a "minute guide" to card review "don'ts".
I for one agree with the OP that saying a card is "killed" by SOA is somewhat redundant. What would be more useful would be to state a cards apparent drop in star value due to SOA. For example, a card like Ozzy goes from 5* to a bad 2* when hit with SOA, while Troompah goes from a 5* to about a 4* when hit with SOA. That is potentially useful info. Somewhat subjective, but could be logical and objective if you try to base your star count on other examples from the same clan.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the subject.
7/9
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 14/03/2013, 08:11

I just love how nationality seeps into this thread, probably unintented but anyway

Currently this thread is about:

Band of little maple leaf brothers defending big brothers POV and promoting democracy - then add few sarcastic finns and bake in forum for 2 hours...
8/9
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Thursday 14/03/2013, 15:47

Ha! Definitely not intentional on my part. Interesting observation...arguably more interesting than the original topic
9/9
0 Anderson - Titan - UTOPiA English
Thursday 14/03/2013, 18:57

Wat

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals