Need help building a mono piranha deck

Sunday 14/04/2013, 04:38
Snatix - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
15 messages
Snatix - Senior English - Sunday 14/04/2013, 04:38

My budget is around 30k and I want a decent piranha deck that I can use for elo later .Thank you for any answers!
« Previous12Next »

11/15
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 14/04/2013, 17:38

Thoazol's deck is a good idea. When you have the cash, get a Lizbeth. She's honestly probably one of the best 5* in the game right now, right up there with Beeboy, Ongh, Dorian, etc. Here's a sample deck with her: Lizbeth, Raeth/Scubb, Ector, Taljion, Tyd, Uranus, Puff, Tula/Amiral Coco.

Hawkins Noel is a usable card, some players used to use him when Hawkins. But unless you are really pressed for cash, get Hawkins. -Pillz is almost always better than +Pillz (for a few, slightly complicated reasons), and 1 damage. 1 damage might not seem like a lot, but remember Hawkins has 100% more damage than Hawkins Noel. It's also the difference between Striker and Alexei, a KO and a 1 life remaining.

Also, Ritz was my favorite FFTA character. I dyed my girlfriend's hair white just to see if she would look like her.
12/15
RitzMalheur - Imperator - Friends Of Fate English
Sunday 14/04/2013, 22:36

Definitely the best character, though I may be slightly biased...

I wouldn't be using Pirana mono right now if I didn't get Lizbeth in a pack. It's a good clan, but she makes the difference between 'fairly decent' and 'must-use', though it's a bummer she's been ELO banned.

I can accept that the -pillz are better than +pillz, but I'd argue whether 1 damage was worth it in this case. Unless you're running an Ahkab setup, there's no one who could 2HKO with Hawkins that wouldn't get it with the Noel version (the only other option being Miss Lizbeth). 1 Damage can occasionally be the difference between a win and a loss, but if it's that down-to-the-wire the real factor will be the pillz rather than the damage.

But on another note; why is Raeth so commonly suggested? He's always seemed like a more expensive almost-equal with Coleridge (outside of the rare SOA ability) to me. He is better, but if we're talking pure stats, you'd be much better off with Smokey Cr over Ector too.
13/15
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Monday 15/04/2013, 03:16

If I didn't want to spend on Hawkins, I'd play both Amiral Coco and Tula before Hawkins Noel. Probably Puff too.
14/15
mahawirasd - Imperator - Immortality English
Monday 15/04/2013, 03:57

Imho Amiral Coco is so much more worth it than Hawkins.

Tula is a powerhouse and Puff is definitely worth a spot in any mono.

Raeth allows you to win over atk manip clans much more easily (low pill) compared to Coleridge.
While it is true that smokey's base stats are better than Ector, people would much rather use SOA on Coleridge rather than Raeth as well as on smokey rather than Ector (most of the time), thereby limiting the uses of those two compared to their compatriots
15/15
RitzMalheur - Imperator - Friends Of Fate English
Monday 15/04/2013, 04:52

Any SOA that effects Pirana is precious, though. Most clans are lucky if they have more than 2-3 SoA at all, and the chances of facing them is low enough (and manipulating around them when they do show up) that I think it's worth the tradeoff if you're saving up for cards with a visible improvement (Lizbeth!) rather than a handful more of rounds barely won. Maybe if Raeth had 6 Damage or 8 Power I'd agree he's undeniably worth 7k, but he's just slacking a bit. Unless you're pairing him with Lizbeth for a 2HKO - OP isn't, I guess - Coleridge or even Scubb/Sting/Sheryl are almost completely as good. I feel like Taljion fills the attack manip slot more than enough, though I wouldn't say no to a new Pirana with -atk, like, say, Crunchy...

Tula's not always the greatest option. Coleridge attracts SoA but it's on her like white on rice, and there's a disturbing amount of 7 Power cards with atk/pow manip. Amiral Coco is excellent though, and I've dropped my Hawkins Noel for him - no plans to replace with Hawkins. Puff definitely pulls his weight.

But by this point it's just semantics. Any of the suggested decks are good and viable, preferences like these are just what keep the game interesting.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals