Multi-account abuse

Multi-account abuse
Sunday 21/04/2013, 18:37
WMDuessel - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
36 messages
Multi-account abuse
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Monday 22/04/2013, 10:06

As most of you know, it is not uncommon to see multi-accounts in ELO. you see these level 17s topping 1470 with cards like Kerozinn Cr, and nothing is ever done about it, at least before the tournament ends. Clearly, players with the time and skill level to use two or more accounts to top 100 will do so without discretion, and knock other players off the list too.

Take for example, this ********. His account was created on: April 18th! To think a player with no stars (therefore has never purchased credits) has a full ELO Uppers deck is unfathomable, especially since his battle points indicate he could not have made that much clintz. From this, we can safely hypothesize that it is a multi-account. No proof? Moderators can always trace the IP, my suspicion is UNOWEN, since they both run the same deck and apparently speak French, but a guess is a guess. (I beat this guy btw, before someone says I'm whining about a loss:   00:07 Elo you won by forfeit against mandanga55 (8-6): 1348 ELO)

UR really should put a more sophisticated system in place for smurfs. The current method of reporting is slow, and usually ineffective. It's easy enough to trace and find out by comparing IPs and trade history, as a few of the moderators I know have pointed out. Hopefully something gets done.

edited by UM_AaaBattery Monday 22/04/2013, 10:06
« Previous1234Next »

31/36
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 23/04/2013, 03:50

I respect Aaa's decision, but honestly I'm still skeptical. Just so happens that a guy who started 2 days ago just happens to play better than 95% of all players AND has cards that players playing for a few months can't afford is reason for doubt.
32/36
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Tuesday 23/04/2013, 03:52

Change ips. Simple.
33/36
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 23/04/2013, 11:51

We have ways to check for cheating which involves more then just checking ips. So we can be fairly sure if someone is cheating.

@hashburki: They try to play against each other in different rooms on purpose (harder now with most rooms being quick battle only but it was a big problem befor that) and if they ever go against each other one abandons the fight each time without playing.

@DeepEnd: Its usally quite easy to tell a multi account from family playing on the same computer.
34/36
XC Manfred 32 - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 24/04/2013, 18:47

The problem is never going to go, you just have to deal with it
35/36
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 24/04/2013, 23:37

Sorry, but that is a terrible attitude. Unsportsmanlike behavior will drive people away from the game. When that happens, the guy with multi-accounts who has tons of CRs but no one to compete against will be the biggest loser, don't you agree?

Or maybe he will just be content to keep playing against his own accounts, who knows?
36/36
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 25/04/2013, 08:30

Spoken like a true XC, Manfred.

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals