Time limit in ELO mode

Time limit in ELO mode
Thursday 25/04/2013, 16:36
Ethan kun - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
6 messages
Time limit in ELO mode
Ethan kun - Veteran - lonely fightersEnglish - Thursday 25/04/2013, 16:36

I think they should reduce that time limit in ELO mode, well, seriously, people don't need 2 mins. to think and it's really getting annoying when ur just about to finish them off.. some people spend at least 3/4 of the time limit. I mean seriously? 7 mins. a game?

2/6
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 25/04/2013, 16:55

I'm fine with the time limit. ELO is meant to be strategic, you're supposed to take your time and run through every possibility. That is why the time per round is increased, as well as the daily ELO tournament being removed. I take almost a full 2 minutes every round but the fourth. You have to take into consideration what happens after round 1, will he play this? If he plays this and I play this do I have a chance to win? Can I force a draw or a 50/50?

If you want to play fast, play in some other mode. All players should take their time before they make their play, run the calculations in your head, and when you're done, do it again. I love it when players have a 100% chance to win the game through a certain move, yet they are too impatient and they play an inaccurate move or forfeit.

This is perhaps the best general advice anyone can give you concerning ELO, so use it wisely.
3/6
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Thursday 25/04/2013, 18:05

For round 1 and 2, it's fine.

IMO, by round 3 you should have everything figured out. If people are taking 3/4 of the timer to think, it's because they're in a 50/50 situation and they should've been thinking about how to avoid that situation in rounds 1 and 2. Or they're trying to get their opponents to practice withdrawing habits (purposely wasting time so the opponent withdraws to save their time). Every now and then an opponent goes AFK and doesn't come back, but that's what I've been seeing lately.

And round 4, there's really no excuse for playing slow. If someone has under 3 pillz, the AI should just force those two pillz automatically.

So round 3 time should be reduced by 25% (still a chance there's some legitimate thinking involved, but both players should have less pillz than in round 1 so there's less math involved in their thinking, thus needing less time) and round 4= play automatically unless player has 3 or more pillz (in case they want to use fury for a KO). Time should be reduced to 30 seconds
4/6
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 25/04/2013, 18:06

+1 WiseManDuessl. Only problem I can see is those people who got a losing streak or have been playing Elo for a long period of time for that day will begin to feel impatient.
5/6
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 25/04/2013, 18:16

+1 WiseMan, never had an issue with ELO timer and never will. Especially when you get to the t100 level of play, you want to be able to consider your options carefully and not feel rushed.
6/6
- Gino - - Senior - Open Casket English
Friday 26/04/2013, 08:28

Personally im fine with 2 mins. Now maybe if the 2 mins carrys over to the next round then that'll be good.
For example
turn 1 you take 50 seconds. Then round 2 you get a minute and 10 seconds before timing out.

However i like the 2min per round because i usually multi task with when playing lol

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals