Huracan Discussion Thread

Friday 17/05/2013, 14:54
WMDuessel - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Friday 17/05/2013, 14:54

(this is mostly from an ELO perspective, but applies to other game modes as well)

Huracan is an interesting clan, with a revolutionary bonus for sure. We'll be seeing things like -1 dmg per life left/3 etc. However, I don't think this bonus is balanced. It's (from a paper perspective, I have never played this clan) broken, especially in half decks. It's metagame-shifting.

With the Huracan bonus you are guaranteed a +14/12 attack on the first turn. With this bonus simply in play, it discourages the traditional olding and encourages you to push for early damage. This can of course be easily abused, Huracan players can old with little risk in half decks (in case of low-life fights, you have your other half), and your opponent is already in a bad position. Another tactic is to use a powerful wall at the start, like Nellie, to preserve your life pints through mid game and maintain an attack advantage. Not to mention these cards synergies insanely with big + life cards like Kenny Cr, Zhu Tang, Nyema, Jungo and everything else.

They aren't without their faults, especially since they are weakened by late-game. However I think it is a small price for the early game advantage and the exploitable life gain tactics. Only time will tell, I guess.

Your thoughts? You all know I love a good argument.
« Previous12Next »

2/11
badna0 - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 17/05/2013, 16:18

Huracan will be laughably OP in lost warehouse, especially nopillz.

Also, the real strength of the clan depends on how the stats on the Huracan cards are. UR can simply compensate for the strong olding potential of the clan by giving poor base stats... I think they will tune this after judging the strength of the clan from the first few releases.

I think we will see a fair amount of Confidence/Revenge cards in Huracan, since this creates positive forking from their first round strength. Did they pill their opener to activate a confidence? Or old, hoping to activate revenge? Revenge and Confidence also balance the clan, as the bonuses can only be active from round 2+. I don't think this will make the cards bad, just more solid. Revenge cards especially will compensate for the decreased bonus with other benefits.

I think Pandagran will be a classic example of the type of card we will see from Huracan.... seems predictable to use him after an obvious loss on turn 1, but with the respectable 6 power you can easily sneak him through on round 1.

Expect Huracan to make appearances in Elo, and Survivor, where the boosted life will force 2 pill openers from your opponents. I don't think they'll be as useful in DT because I think the nature of their bonus will force your opponent to calculate, which will waste time.
3/11
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 17/05/2013, 16:34

IMO Huracan's cards are already pretty powerful, especially that 2*. Zapatino is basically a better Ivy. Usually the first releases are the weakest of the bunch, so I think we're in for a treat in the next one
4/11
Pilluminati - Legend - D-Versified English
Friday 17/05/2013, 16:50

I dont know what i can add to this with only 4 cards out,but what i can say is that if they get cards like SOB or Protection Bonus are going to make them very threatening.

It also seems to me they wouldn't be too player friendly in T2 survivor where the nukes all lay and one slice from a 6 damage + card would really put you in a world of hurt awfully quick .

A heal card would also be terrific for this clan and would probably see a high amount of play with the bonus.

I am disappointed there hasn't been another new ability to debut alongside the clan's bonus like we had with the frozn's Power/Damage combo,and the Berzerk with their backlash ability.

But we'll see where it goes from here by the next release. I expect to see Zapatino on the bubble,followed by Pandagran somewhere down the line.I do think ultimately though that el metador will be relegated to the benches eventually,but he will see solid use for a long while as his ability is bonus friendly and it may be a long wait before the Huracan get a life ability in their ranks.As for Wonder Lana,she's decent,and is very similar to Kawamashi Cr so she'll do alright.
5/11
Frowns - Titan - At the End of the World English
Friday 17/05/2013, 17:04

A really interesting bonus... hopefully there will be lots of +life cards to go around in the future.

I'd say Zapatino is the star of this release. Poison means attacking early, attacking early means you still have lots of life left, having lots of life left means your bonus is still very powerful.

Pandagran... meh. Compare this card to the likes of Nahema and Michael and you realize he could have been given another point of power or damage and still be balanced. Revenge also means your bonus has become weakened.

El Matador is a bit underwhelming as well (compare him to Diana) but may act as a good bluff since your opponent isn't gonna want you to get a +2 attack boost and may overpill.

Wonder Lana is a nice card! I do have a soft spot for 3* life drainers (Ector, Sunder, Praxie etc.) and this card will probably serve as one of the main 3* for Huracan decks for the next few months.
6/11
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 17/05/2013, 19:22

If they get some good + life cards then there bonus becomes quite good.

lose first round (opponent will hopefully high pill because they want to inflic damage). next round use a + life card and then use the extra life to ko (or win with anuther + life card).
7/11
Treedroid - Veteran - Yami No Guild English
Friday 17/05/2013, 21:50

I can see a serious new game changer in elo format survivor. A half deck of Huracan and Montana in higher levels 8 pills / 15 life would prove difficult to beat. In theory a strong lead like El Matador and a skillfully played Donnie or Fabio would make a gap practically impossible to escape from. Any Huracan Montana split would be dangerous I believe or as they progress a Huracan Jungo split would probably be more dangerous. Nyema Eggman Scopica Eduardo would seriously hike up the bonus.

IMO I don't think they'll get a lot of plus life cards for the same reason Roots don't get a lot of sob and Jungo don't get poison.

But on the bright side Freaks might actually find a little more play thus raising their market price these next coming weeks
8/11
M-Bison - Legend - Casual Grind English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 00:31

Not enough cards to start claiming OP.
9/11
UR_Genie - Hero English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 01:23

Everyone claims that this clan is so good and meta changing. Yes in ELO I can agree they will have some influence. However in survivor they will get over run without a second thought. All this talk of people using plus life cards with the clan is a joke. Yes you can increase the gap and make it so they have more attack power by a marginal gap.

Let say you gain 3 life and do 3 damage in elo It is now 11-17 a 6 life gap. You now get 17 attack manip. 3 attack manip at that high of an attack manip doesn't change much they were already going to have to pill to beat you if 3 attack makes the difference you were playing someone with no skill or that over pilled and lost XD.
The odds of people alowing a high life gainer to get through are slim to none too. ELO decks are prominent with SOA SOB and DR all of which can diminish this return exponentially.
The problem with this clan is olding is a risk for them. If they opponent throws 3 pills in with an Uppers deck guess what you attack manip is now negated most likely down to theirs.

I agree we need to wait for more cards to release so we can see what kind of synergy they will have. But people need to realize the bonus is a double edged sword and it could hurt you in the long run if you rely on it to much.

As for the cards themselves I dont see any staples from what I would guess the 4* and 3* are decent and I am not a fan of the Ivy reproduction.
10/11
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 01:56

I don't think their base stats are weak, actually they are pretty good.
Huracan puts too much stress on the first round. The first round literally becomes a win or lose round.

El Matador 4* is an awesome opener a courage 7/5 +2 life and winning first round with him completely changes the game. I mean if El Mat wins the first round then you'd have to face +16 attack.

This bonus changes the meta-style it promotes hit first method, counter to Huracan would be to go against conventions and hit your Avola first, This makes the first round very vital, making it win lose/round.

On a personal note I am not happy with the release, why? because its another attack manip clan. The meta game already glorifies the Montana and Uppers and Sakhrom. IMO The last thing UR needed was another attack manip clan.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals