Best Poison card for elo?

Tuesday 16/07/2013, 22:32
Spikey 13 - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
16 messages
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fightersEnglish - Tuesday 16/07/2013, 22:32

Hey people, just wondering what the general consensus is on the best card with a poison ABILITY (not bonus, sorry Freaks lovers) that isn't elo banned. I ask this because there are hardly any since the latest bans. Also I like poison, and SOB is very ouchies for Freaks split decks.
3 candidates for most useful I've identified are (in no particular order)
1. Cyb Lhia
2. Timmy
3. Zapatino
I imagine I've missed many, and would appreciate some constructive input
« Previous12Next »

2/16
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 16/07/2013, 23:04

Now that you brought it up, there's almost no good poison left in elo outside the Freaks.

By ability only, I guess Sheitane is as good as it gets. But she shares the problem with Ivy and Ludmilla of being sub-par in comparison to other options within her clan.
3/16
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 17/07/2013, 00:33

The trick with poison that so many people seem to neglect is, that a little bit of life gain negates min on poison.

For example: Cyb Lhia, 4 min, so bad!
BUT if Cyb hits 1st turn and Pan hits any other turn, that's 13 gap. Pan's life gain doesn't count towards Cyb's min, and she will do a whopping 7 damage.

So if you're looking to run a deck with some poison, pick good poisonous round-winners and stick some +life in there for synergy. It's as simple as that.
4/16
AW_KeNjiRo - Veteran English
Wednesday 17/07/2013, 02:01

Well, Huracans are very good on this with their bonus. I think Zapatino is best, first hit with Zapation with giving 7 pillz, then hit with La Cobra you win sir

Here is check up my deck: Taurus Megacrusher
5/16
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 17/07/2013, 02:56

^ Because it's always going to be that simple...

With Azel, Greem, Karrion, Muze and Dolly all being removed in the last couple of ban changes, the strength of ability-based poison has certainly taken a hit.

Cyb Lhia has great first turn potential which syngergises well with the Vortex bonus. She's possibly the only ability based poison card I'd use these days.

Zapatino might also get a look in with a Huracan half, but Derby Queen is strong competition when she's available.

I've used Ivy before, but unfortunately she comes in at (IMO) the #3 spot for Montana 2*.

Sheitane and Timmy are usable, but are usually neglected for more stable and (arguably) better options in their respective star slots for Nightmare.
6/16
Saveroftime - Hero - TRiNiTY English
Wednesday 17/07/2013, 04:10

7/16
Tsuda_hkg - Guru - HKG English
Wednesday 17/07/2013, 06:48

Nobody mention Konrad?
8/16
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 17/07/2013, 07:23

Didn't even think of him.

Technically he is a poison card, but unlike the typical poisoner he does not rely on it... it's more of an added extra.

He's certainly one of the top cards with a poison ability.
9/16
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Wednesday 17/07/2013, 10:06

Good discussion guys Of all these mentioned ^ Zapatino and Konrad I see being used the most. Because Konrad is 4* and only has poison 1, I think he isn't quite the best, maybe top 3 though.
If one was going to try to use one as a splash in a 7/1 Huracan/other deck (I know, madness, but I'm thinking of experimenting as the Huracan bonus is soooo good) what would you use? Cyb Lhia would be best splash I think, since if you want to hit with poison, her bonus makes no difference to winning potential. For those wondering "why not just use Zapatino?" I'm crazy enough to say "use both!" Two poisoners for 4* is great value.
10/16
vedahk - Legend English
Wednesday 17/07/2013, 11:44

Yes agree that it is a good topic for discussion while all of the good poisoners have been banned in ELO mode (except Freaks).

Best Poisoner in split deck - Cyb Lhia
- 8 power can beat opponent independently even without bonus.
- Pillz back and can let your high-star teammate to fight if she lose because she is only a 2-stars.
- Really the best poisoner for split deck especially when there is lack of good +life characters in Vortex (Oflgn and Kronnen take too much space and too shaky).
- Poison min 4. is quite high but still work when pairing up with characters with +life or heal.

Best Poisoner in mono deck - Zapatino
- No doubt Zapatino is strong with +14 attacks bonus in the first round even he is only with 6 power. He is also good to be a pillz cheater.
- Poison min 2. is amazing that can win most of the poisoners nowadays as well as Freaks.
- With good clan peripheral like Kinichaw, El Matador and El Gascaro, its easy to build up mono deck to keep bonus always active. More new coming Huracan with +life ability is possible.

Agree with JO3SHMO that Sheitane and Timmy is usable and you can see that there is good clan peripheral like Pan, Cutey & Artus.

Konrad is a good card but personally I don't catagorize him as a posioner but "damager" because he is not rely on poison ability most of the time and less poison tactic with him.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals