Sportsmanship in elo?

Sportsmanship in elo?
Monday 16/09/2013, 19:15
MrsNubcake - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
Sportsmanship in elo?
MrsNubcake - Senior English - Monday 16/09/2013, 19:15

I was really excited to play my first elo matches today, but after my first 4 games 3 of my opponents rage quit... The really dumb thing about it is that 2 of them could still have won.
Have i just been unlucky or is this what always happens?

3/10
ZacharyThomas - Titan - Harbingers of Ares
Monday 16/09/2013, 19:21

Its called tactical retreating btw
4/10
Monday 16/09/2013, 19:22

Thank you
5/10
-Taciturn- - Titan - Legends of the Dark English
Monday 16/09/2013, 19:24

Elo is a bit different than the other formats in terms of what people consider polite play. Most players are trying to get their scores up in elo in a time-efficient manner, so if they feel like they have already lost, or will most likely lose except by a huge mistake by their opponent, it's not at all uncommon for them to leave the match and move on. I'm sure you still get some "rage-quitters", but I think for the most part it is just players trying to play quickly.

Try not to think of it as them quitting so much as them conceding the match. If you're like me, I always hope they'll quit the match just because I am capable of pulling out those bone head, lose a match that was in the bag, kinda plays.
6/10
Monday 16/09/2013, 19:27

Haha ok i think i get it now. Still not sure i agree with it, but at least i understand. Thank you
7/10
MrNubcake - Master English
Tuesday 17/09/2013, 03:12

It's cowardly behaviour and should be dealt with as such!
8/10
412rayray - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 17/09/2013, 09:27

It kinda sucks that players concede matches sometimes, however a win is a win is a win. Enjoy the jump in points n don't worry bout the quitters
9/10
-Bakuryu - Senior English
Tuesday 17/09/2013, 12:31

Conceding isn't quitting. They are admiting that you played better than them in that game. Kneeling down at your feet and praising the ground that you walk on. (For the 2 seconds it takes to click the button at least)
10/10
A-Trak - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 18/09/2013, 06:35

Elo sportsmanship these days:

if you win, good job, you're such a good player.
if you lose, its bc the opponent played like an idiot. bl that idiot

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals