offline ravvel Hero  
Friday 30/11/2007, 16:06

There are currently over one million people playing Urban Rivals! As a result, more and more of you are now taking part in the ELO and Daily Tournaments.
To increase the fun factor, we’ve decided to introduce some changes that we hope you’ll enjoy.

offline ravvel Hero  
Friday 30/11/2007, 18:13

For example in this very moment there are more than 3000 elo players with more than 1000 points, so 30 of them will get a rare card... that's 1% chance to win a rare card... so that's not even remotely a thing that favor abuses...

The increase of the cards given as prizes and the extending of the top 25 to top 100 are normal things given the current growth of the game, more and more players participate and it's the logical thing to increase the prize pool

offline Hobbitusz Colossus Open Casket
Friday 30/11/2007, 18:25

I think banning "dominant" clans clans is not a very good idea for several reasons:
1. Clanmate Bunny mentionned before: small players can loose much potential with it.
2. There are already banned cards, to give balance to the metagame, and by temporarily banning clans it makes it a bit weird for me, having both bans.
3. It may affect the market as well: banned clan's price will drop for a week, and then rise again.

On the other side, if you would ban the winners for a week it would be better, because more people would have the chance to feel the succes of winning in elo, with this more prizes, it is much more possible.

About dailies my only problen is still no non-random room for it. smiley

offline ravvel Hero  
Friday 30/11/2007, 18:41

As it was mentioned "We realize that this system is not yet perfect and we will be closely monitoring its impact on the ELO mode." Be sure that after the first weeks with the new rules there will be an assesement and, if required, changes will be made to this rule.

I don't understand "if you would ban the winners for a week ". Are you really suggesting to ban players for winning in elo? smiley

The non-random room for the daily tournaments it's a subject that has already been debated and settled upon, such a room would transform the daily tournaments into something they aren't meant to be, for this kind of calculated strategic play we can always play in elo or outside the tournaments in danger zone. there will not be in the near future such a room and all discussions about this will not change the situation. Thank you for understanding this and for stop posting suggestions about such a room.

1f - KV Raven

offline Killingshadow Hero  
Friday 30/11/2007, 19:27

Free credits will be awarded to those ranking among the top third of the table rather than the top half (in order to keep abuse to a minimum).

this is not fair for new players,...

offline Fraggle Titan HK's fox on typewriters
Friday 30/11/2007, 19:43

Shadow: if you take a look at the current tournaments, it just mean doing 4-5 battles (with some wins, of course) to get the credit. We just want to ask for a little more involvement in the tourney that "just a fight" to get the credit.

offline OnlineHelper Novice Academy of Elite team
Friday 30/11/2007, 20:28

More explanation on how banned clan determined.

offline ravvel Hero  
Friday 30/11/2007, 20:50

Only the games between 1200+ ELO players are taken into account.
For each character are taken into account the number of times played, the number of rounds won and the number of rounds lost.
The first 8 characters of any clan contribute to the overall number of points of that clan (but excluding the cards that lost more rounds than won)

offline King Trex Cr Hero  
Friday 30/11/2007, 23:13

Thats makes no seance how do you rember all of that

offline CBM-MigGui Legend  
Friday 30/11/2007, 23:21

Banned cards won't be unbanned then?

offline 0UC K-Ryder Master  
Saturday 01/12/2007, 00:59

I really dont get it
i really dont like it
my suggestion is to make an ELO v2 or something where you use that rule
or possibly the admins chose 4-6 random clans and they're the only clans you can use in the game

about the non random torni room... isn't the elo non random room useable for tornis???
unless they changed it after yesterday's torni, then its still useable for torni (i went in it and i did get stuff from the torni)

but i like the fact that more people will benifit from the new prize giving out system
and i LOVE the admins for making the tornis every 2 hours because i can actually play tornaments in the afternoons on weekends (finally!)

Answer to this subject

Clint City, day.