Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Rules adjustments: KO bonus reduced during tournaments.

Saturday 25/11/2006, 18:19
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
28 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 25/11/2006, 18:19

Hello,

As you might have "observed", the unofficial "old" mode (play without using pillz) has become a way for in-the-know players to reach
the top positions otherwise unreachable using "normal" play.
Since we do not want tournaments to be owned by a few players using specifics rules to advantage them, we are going to limit the KO
bonus points during tournaments to 5 points maximum in the tournaments rooms (just like we did about the EVO points).
This new rule will be in place starting monday, 12h30 GMT tournament.
« Previous123Next »

11/28
0-ReiXI-EVO - Veteran English
Monday 27/11/2006, 13:26

Oh and i forgot to mention... We get low jackpots now cause of that KO reduction thinggy...
12/28
0-Ianzro - Novice - NASTY NOYP! English
Monday 27/11/2006, 14:01

You have ur point now BUT if this "old" thing goes on im sure many and many people will get clintz and how bout the other people???cant u give oppurtunities....i really haTe people that are greedy
13/28
Osiris X - Guru - Army of Darkness English
Monday 27/11/2006, 14:49

Another suggestion I have is this. Maybe increase the KO bonus by 5 for every turn a KO is done. For example. 1st turn KO, 20points, 2nd turn KO 15 points, 3rd turn KO 10 points and 4th KO 5 points. As it stands now, there is no real incentive (i.e. points) to play a fast KO deck. It usually takes higher level cards and having to use most to all of your pillz. Which translates to low point gains in match victories. This way a player get points for fast KO's, saving pillz or something inbetween.
14/28
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Monday 27/11/2006, 15:56

I like potatos.
15/28
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Monday 27/11/2006, 16:07

Clarifications:

- Clintz jackpot for tournaments are not related to Battle Points winnings.

- Urban Rivals has never been without pillz.. "Old" is just a name players gave to their way of playing.

- We are okay with peoples playing "Old" if they wish, we just want to prevent them from having a HUGE points advantage during tournaments.

- We are not trying to make the battle go faster or stronger. We do not want to incentive a "fast deck".

- "Old" has not become popular because it was "fun" or anything (mostly), but because after we reduced the bonus for levelling up, it was the way to go
to master the tournaments.
16/28
Monday 27/11/2006, 16:49

That's why old poped up out of the blue. Where as EVO has been around for a while -- there is a purpose to EVO in evolving your cards.
17/28
Monday 27/11/2006, 18:55

URTournament.org has some comments on this topic as well.
18/28
cBp_Fojtik - Legend - Czech Beer Power Česky
Monday 27/11/2006, 19:21

I must say I like this idea. OLD format was really bad. It was not about playing ability. Just about ability to construct deck. And all top players have top decks. Chance to win was 50% - it was just randomizer.
19/28
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Monday 27/11/2006, 19:59

Good work on UTTournament news, CKANE.
It's nice you use the little logo and the same font as we do, it feels very polished.
20/28
0-ReiXI-EVO - Veteran English
Monday 27/11/2006, 20:48

- Clintz jackpot for tournaments are not related to Battle Points winnings.

???? I thought it said somewhere that the accumulated battlepoints of all players ingame while in tourney will decide how much the jackpot is... basically if the players gets a huge amount of total battlepoints in one tourney, then the jackpot would be big. Yesterday when i won the tourney i only got 5k worth of clintz and usually during those times the jackpot reaches atleast 8k minimum. So how does the new rule not affect the jackpot?

@Osiris X

That is not a really good idea. Cause if ever that rule will be applied, Fang Pi Clan would then be the maindecks of everyone with their ability to use 1 hit KO.

P.S. If you would notice, most of the people using OLD style are people of lvl 30 or higher. We trained and we spent alot of time on experimenting on different cards to achieve a win on a tourney. So i don't think it's right to tell us that we are taking advantage over other players.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals