Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Rules adjustments: KO bonus reduced during tournaments.

Saturday 25/11/2006, 18:19
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
28 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 25/11/2006, 18:19

Hello,

As you might have "observed", the unofficial "old" mode (play without using pillz) has become a way for in-the-know players to reach
the top positions otherwise unreachable using "normal" play.
Since we do not want tournaments to be owned by a few players using specifics rules to advantage them, we are going to limit the KO
bonus points during tournaments to 5 points maximum in the tournaments rooms (just like we did about the EVO points).
This new rule will be in place starting monday, 12h30 GMT tournament.
« Previous123Next »

21/28
0-ReiXI-EVO - Veteran English
Monday 27/11/2006, 20:49

We didn't just pop up from anywhere and suddenly dominated tourneys... It was all hardwork...
22/28
Osiris X - Guru - Army of Darkness English
Monday 27/11/2006, 21:28

- "Old" has not become popular because it was "fun" or anything (mostly), but because after we reduced the bonus for levelling up, it was the way to go
to master the tournaments.

Fraggle,

I understand what your saying and I believe that for some players OLD play has lost its appeal. I believe that playing OLD is a viable play style that requires a different strategy than the regular game. And certainly a different strategy than ELO. OLD play is finding the right matchup, where as in the normal game is pillz managment. And hopefully the randomizer goes your way, but usually the highest attack wins. Perhaps if there was a OLD mode of play, similar to ELO mode, We could have another way to play this great game.
23/28
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Monday 27/11/2006, 21:43

Sorry if my message made you feel like I was judging "OLD" as a "bad way" to play.
We have no specific opinion on this play style and we strongly encourage anyone to play as they wish.
We cannot however, allow a play style to "alter" the way tournaments scores are related to each others if we see an obvious issue (hence the new rule).
As for a "official" OLD play style, in the future, why not, but as for now, we prefer to keep the game as it is: 2 officials play mode (one for everyone and one
for the core players). It is much simplier to explain the game to everyone. (it also has technicals repercussions that are not small at all)
Our idea is that players will by themselves create alternates play-style and we'll keep an eye to see if it has a need to be "mainstream"
24/28
Monday 27/11/2006, 21:44

Ccreixi-old: it's the accumulated "clintz", not battle points. There is (and was) no "clintz" bonus for KO, so no changes in the jackpot formula.
25/28
Osiris X - Guru - Army of Darkness English
Monday 27/11/2006, 22:27

That is not a really good idea. Cause if ever that rule will be applied, Fang Pi Clan would then be the maindecks of everyone with their ability to use 1 hit KO.

0-CCReiXI-,

What I was getting at is this. High level cards and pillz useage means lower points. By increasing the KO bonus in the manner I'm suggesting, that would create incentive to play (for example) a fast KO strategy. Even though a first turn KO deck would be easy to counter, it would be another strategy that we would have to consider during deck construction. When I create a deck, I'd like to think about a variety of ways I can compete and still earn points. I think of decks with lower card levels and try to find ways to save pillz. As that will get me the most gains. This is just a suggestion that could create another strategy to think about during deck construction.
26/28
0-ReiXI-EVO - Veteran English
Monday 27/11/2006, 23:09

We cannot however, allow a play style to "alter" the way tournaments scores are related to each others if we see an obvious issue (hence the new rule).

Apparently the effect of the new rule is, random EVO players are making it to the top 25 without sweat. EVO players that are only playing to "LEVEL UP" their cards are now climbing the top 25 easily. While the "OLD" players who bought expensive cards, leveled up their cards to max and analyzed tournaments for a long time are now having a hard time competing with just simple EVO players. Now, even a guy with the starter deck can win a tourney easily just by playing "EVO". I think this is unfair for OLD players... Do you know how much money we spent and how much clintz we tried to save just to buy those expensive cards? And now we get beaten easily by anybody...

Thanks alot! ( Can someone please consider our appeal! This isn't fair for us! Not by one bit! )
27/28
BodeCBM-EVO - Hero Português
Monday 27/11/2006, 23:12

Well, although i have won 5 tornaments this week using old... i have to say this is probably a good thing because this game is about strategy and cmon, 50% of this game strategy is the way u use your pillz.

Fang deck is not the best too accumulate pointz (in my opinion), because they need faster battles and cmon, usually we can play 1 battle each 5 minutes... its not the time during the game that is a pain in the ass, its the time to find an oponnent that plays fast and follow the game mode (EVO, OLD).

maybe for the 1st time in this game ppl who use "normal" mode (just battle regular without any evo or old...)
28/28
Monday 27/11/2006, 23:14

Dont let the name fools you, most "EVO" player are NOT playing EVO during the tourney.
Subject is now close thank you.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals