Squelching the Rumormongering

Wednesday 09/04/2008, 17:37
StormWhisper - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
37 messages
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Wednesday 09/04/2008, 17:37

I want to put an end to this rumor mongering about what cards are coming out. I don't mean the discussions about what the next clan may be, I mean these strange rumors like a Pussycat Card named Sylvia. (Which by the way I have on authority from the Design team does not exist, nor do they plan to make anything of the sort).

Only and I do mean ONLY the design staff knows what cards are coming next, and I assure you, they aren't telling.

Even when I did the English editing for the cards, I only knew clans and names. Not stats. No, I don't do that anymore and even if I did, I wouldn't tell anyone what I knew. Lets put it this way, the last new clan I did any editing on was Freaks. One of the newer Admins picked up the job before I became an Admin, and I've been busy with other things.

So basically, anyone who tells you, Oh well I heard X card is coming. Not happening. Only a handful of staff know what cards are coming beforehand. Those are the people on the design team, and since they aren't going to tell you, there's no reason to believe anything anyone tells you about new card X.

StormWhisper
« Previous1234Next »

2/37
Zhupons - Titan Português
Wednesday 09/04/2008, 17:46

And an aplause... obviously sometimes we can tell almost for sure what clan will get new cards but not more than that! sometimes we can even "know" what star cards will probably come but knowing the stats and even harder the name it just don't seem possible...

I mean "we all" try to go to the net friday morning because we want to know what cards are the new ones and it is really unlikely that that kind of info gets out before the time!

anyway, good luck on guessing and on the disapointment when the cards get released...
3/37
FAST IS FUN - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 09/04/2008, 17:53

What about the Spanish site's banner add for Toro from GHEIST? Once an upcoming character is made known to players from one country, shouldn't he be announced to all? Players on the Spanish forums know the name, star count and number of evolutions and some are using that info to make big "bets" on the market.
4/37
LOA_Lightning - Titan English
Wednesday 09/04/2008, 17:57

They did tell us about Toro.......
5/37
chainz-old - Veteran English
Wednesday 09/04/2008, 18:00

Thanx it seemedweird that people would know
6/37
OnlineHelper - Novice - Academy of Elite team English
Wednesday 09/04/2008, 18:49

Its on memento mori's site.
7/37
Memento Mori - Titan - Open Casket English
Wednesday 09/04/2008, 19:56

I just wan't to make things clear. All I publish at my site is just what is available to normal users, I have no secret info for being an admin and definatly I won't publish anything in the name of the game staff.

This means the new clan thing is just speculation to spice things up a bit. And the Toro ad it's been in the spanish market up for days. Actually someone told me about it, as I'm really really busy at the moment and only have time to put some news at my site.

So, please, don't take anything out of this site as a final and only truth. Thus, treat urdb.kirlad.net as another fansite, just what it is. All info there was obtained from urban rival's forums.

Lurk the forums or make someone lurk them for you if you wan't to know as much as I do.
8/37
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 10/04/2008, 02:47

I am looking into this situation and talking directly to the card designers to find out if this was intentional or someone is doing something they shouldn't be.

StormWhisper
9/37
The-Girl-eVo - Senior - House of dark shadows English
Thursday 10/04/2008, 05:25

At chrismas time you could know new card name's from comics. Even if i could know all cards name i wont tell becouse why then you need to release cards? And for Memento Make people suprise for all new cards
10/37
AlphaSneo - Guru English
Thursday 10/04/2008, 05:44

Amen to that!

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals