New poll: ELO Mode

Tuesday 20/03/2007, 17:49
Dr.Ido - Divinity English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
46 messages
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint StaffEnglish - Tuesday 20/03/2007, 17:49

We need your opinion on what we think is an important matter: What do you want to do with characters that are too strong for the ELO mode. Currently we ban them from the ELO mode and they keep their overpowered stats. Another option would be to alter their stats, so they could fit in the ELO mode and allow them. Which one do you prefer? You can go to your profil page and tell us.
« Previous12345Next »

21/46
69 hoodrich - Legend - City Of The Gods English
Wednesday 21/03/2007, 15:25

I like the idea of banning the unevolved cards but there would still be one major problem. The Uppers would still be the most used clan in the game. There are 3 level 3 and 1 level 2 Uppers cards that could be used. And with there stats and bonus, It
would be just like fighting a group of level 4 and 5 cards. Zatman, Samantha, Frankie Hi, and Rubie all combine to make 11 stars in total. When there are 14 stars to be shared between 4 more cards the chances of seeing a bunch of level 4 in someones
hand go up astronmicly. I am against crippleing cards to allow them to play, but even still I do thing that some cards do need to be banned along with the idea of banning unleveled cards. At least that is the only way I can see someone using some
nightmares and GHEIST would have a chance at winning elo tournaments.

Side bar= When is the new mode of elo supposed to start.
22/46
Atryx_ - Legend Română
Wednesday 21/03/2007, 15:41

It's no new mode of ELO !? You vote for this ! it's a debate !

Because some cards are stronger it's not a reason to bann them ! Normaly this will make you fight for them ! If you don't like them it's your problem !

It's like you want to sent to prison someone that just bought a Mercedes just because you have an old Volkswagen or you don't like Mercedes.
23/46
DANYez - Imperator Română
Wednesday 21/03/2007, 16:46

Oh atryx i think you Don`t see the polls the vote`s are favorite for ban character`sthat i like
24/46
T4rryT5ughman - Titan - Army of Darkness English
Wednesday 21/03/2007, 17:33

Well, I see my idea of restricting non evolved cards in ELO is getting around. I feel it is the best change for now. Banning the unevolved ones should take care a lot of the unbalance in Clintz City. Then, perhaps the creators can create cards that gives weaker clans more balance to fight against Uppers or Ulu Watu or even the Pussycats.
25/46
Killingshadow - Hero English
Wednesday 21/03/2007, 18:43

BAN BAN BAN
26/46
X-Thuga-X - Legend Português
Wednesday 21/03/2007, 20:44

I think that powerful cards are good do not change they're stats... the other option is better
27/46
Danish_Zombie - Senior English
Wednesday 21/03/2007, 21:28

Why have the cards if you Cannot play with them? I see no reason to Either ban or change the stats. If you feel you cannot win with the weaker clans then Don´t play them. I play Junta mixed with 2 Montana and I win more than I loose. Are we all wimps that cannot handle a loss or do we take up the challenge and play with the cards we have been dealt. Please this is a card game you can get a bad hand. If you are a new player to the game then do not play elo untill you have got the cards you need to make up a good deck. this will also encourage players to buy credits so they can get better and more expensive cards cheaper than in the market the upportunity to sell off the ones you do not need at the market. it is a win win situation for the game developers so why chamge it?
28/46
Margyanni - Imperator - Dynasty of Lost Souls English
Thursday 22/03/2007, 02:01

I probably shouldnt have a say on this because i have only been with the game less then a month and have not played in ELO yet because i am building and testing my deck for it, but right now i am wondering if all the real cash i just spent to buy ctz to get the big cards are going to be made useless by being banned or powerless by being reduced. I spent the money so i could get the powerful cards so i would stand a tiny chance at competeing in this game. If the cards i just bought are made less powerful or banned then i think i want a refund of the HUNDREDS of US dollars i spent in the last 3 weeks and ill leave the game.... as well as all the friends i talked into joining. This is just wrong ! Had i known you were going to do this i would have never spent the real cash and neither would any of my friends.

Thats just my opinion for what its worth.
29/46
Conan_ganton - Hero - Sith knights ελληνικά
Thursday 22/03/2007, 08:11

Before saying my opinion I would like to comment on some things mentioned, as a seasoned TCG player.

First of all banning cards is neither ridiculous nor avoidable: it is necessery. In an evolving TCG as Urban Rivals, with new cards being published each week, it is inevitable that some of the cards are imbalanced or make other cards imbalanced when in combination with them. No amount of planning from the creators can prevent this; and especially in Urban Rivals where we have new additions many times a month, I would say that the creators are doing a terrific job keeping the game balanced with so few in number banned cards as there are now. In other TCGs in order to avoid imbalancies they publish new card sets every one/two months and quite often permit play of only the most recent cards in tournaments, just to keep those overpowered combinations at bay. Do you prefer that from banned cards? Personally I don't.
30/46
Conan_ganton - Hero - Sith knights ελληνικά
Thursday 22/03/2007, 08:12

Letting imbalanced cards allowed in game just won't do, there are better and worse cards, ok, but overpowered cards and/or combinations should not exist (unbanned). We have to understand that banning cards means a more balanced game, a more creative game (as we have to find nice combinations rather than using UBER cards), a more FUN game. We all have cards that will be made useless while banned (and I say while because cards do not remain banned forever; with new additions/changes they may return in active play), and personally I have most of the already banned ones, but I prefer having paid for a good card that got banned rather than having to pay in order to buy the imbalanced cards in order to make an imbalanced deck and have a chance to play (and win). What is the meaning of a card game where everyone plays with the same deck/cards?

Changing a card's stats is like making a new card with the same illustration/name as an old one. Ban and new cards is better

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals