New poll: ELO Mode

Tuesday 20/03/2007, 17:49
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
46 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Tuesday 20/03/2007, 17:49

We need your opinion on what we think is an important matter: What do you want to do with characters that are too strong for the ELO mode. Currently we ban them from the ELO mode and they keep their overpowered stats. Another option would be to alter their stats, so they could fit in the ELO mode and allow them. Which one do you prefer? You can go to your profil page and tell us.
« Previous12345Next »

31/46
DANYez - Imperator - 3LO MA$T3R Română
Thursday 22/03/2007, 12:30

New card`s better
32/46
SinoAko PI - Veteran - NOYP! English
Thursday 22/03/2007, 15:12

I agree with Terrytoughman's idea that only fully evolved cards should be allowed in elo.

I am in favor of keeping the card stats unchanged.

I disagree that Pussycat bonus is too strong. Their bonus is only good if they LOSE.
33/46
DUC-phoenix - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Thursday 22/03/2007, 15:52

Pfoe, took me a while to read all the reactions, but now it's time to give my (balanced) opinion.
I think that banning characters is inevitable, but it is not the best solution right now.
Some cards are too strong, but mostly it are not the collectors, but the cards like tanae and wee,
that make a deck too strong. If there was an extra restriction, like not too high level per clan,
or all full stars, then it would be more balanced. BTW: the pussycat dolls aren't too strong,
try fang pi clan or La Junta, they're very effective against the Pussycats! BTW: don't spent too much
money on elo, with all those new cards, every week there is a clan better for elo, just buy cards
to collect them
34/46
DanTheTimid - Titan English
Thursday 22/03/2007, 16:04

Based on alot of the posts in this thread it sounds like alot of people don't actually understand what the poll is asking or have different opinions on what its asking. It sounds to me like they're asking to tweek over powered cards so that they don't have to be banned, not just lifting the ban altogether and not giving cards 2 sets of stats. In card games involving real cards erratas are looked down on, too much to memorize, so ban lists are enforced, but for an online game where stats can be changed with out confusion tweaking cards so they are more balanced makes alot more sense. Personally I hate getting cards that are banned, I'd much rather they simply be balanced and that I'd be allowed to use them, it would give alot more options for ELO play.

I will also add though that I've always felt and agree that non-fully evolved cards should not be allowed in elo play or should count as their max level when determining total elo level count.
35/46
ReadTheRules - Legend English
Thursday 22/03/2007, 20:26

Just make ultra-power cards for every clan and don't ban anything!
36/46
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Friday 23/03/2007, 00:18

I must question the term "too strong for ELO".What does this mean?Does it mean that there is an expected mean-average hand and/or card?Of course I know the real answer....but my point is that the game is being "watered-down" by those who have not put the time,money and effort into collecting the right cards.No card is un-beatable...as is no hand.So what is "Too strong"?
37/46
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Friday 23/03/2007, 00:22

Oh....one last thought.Wasn't the whole idea of Random to off-set this very problem of strong cards and hands?Seems to me that by modifying and banning cards it makes the whole random thing redundant.I hope the Moderators take note of the number of us that support only leveled cards in ELO....the next poll perhaps?
38/46
DANYez - Imperator - 3LO MA$T3R Română
Friday 23/03/2007, 05:51

Look at the result`s at the polls now:ELO mode (2595 votes)
I want to authorize all the characters in ELO mode and change the stats of the characters that are too strong.
42%
I don't want to change the stats of the characters and I want to ban from ELO mode those that are too strong
58%
i think to ban some character`s would win because it`s 58% and to change stat`s only42%
39/46
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Friday 23/03/2007, 08:47

IMO

1) Keep unevolved cards in ELO mode. Strategy is strategy, to UNLOCK the card's powers is an Urban Rivals saying; There are decks that revolve around unevolved cards which premmy players (market users) often play and dominate the ELO rankings. If you want to be a contender in this game, you should commit to it and buy credits at the shop. This is my honest opinion, because the growth as a player is greatly excelled once you buy credits and play the Market. Like a saying before, there are 2 kinds of players in Urban; The ELO player and the Market Player. A Great player is both.

2) For people who have spend tons of credits to buy that CR card that suddenly becomes a weaker version of it's original state is unacceptable and sad. Keep the cards in the collection w/o changes; When UR releases new cards, I trust them not to make a Skullclamp; ex) I would like to make Tanaereva into a CR card yet still legal in ELO, then make a new weaker Tanaereva. Just like Berserkgirl Cr.
40/46
Vesuvan - Legend English
Friday 23/03/2007, 11:05

=======================
|| Prysm & Atryx_evo---- 100 % right ! ||
=======================

I have spent alot of money so far getting my collection and good cards, I earned the right for stronger cards because i SUPPORTED the game, I choose to SUPPORT for the reason to be a collector as well have better cards then NON_SUPPORTERS of game ! .... i feel same way > if so is the case then I want to be refunded for every powerful card I paid for. I bought them because they were strong, or if played correctly could become strong... i didnt spend 400.00 so far on a game to be stripped of my hard earned money to be (= )to those who dont support your game.... better yet could easily come down to simple disbute inquriy to credit card company & paypal for full reinburment due to items not recieved/ changed/ stripped for what originally was paid for.............. better yet just refund me and take everything back and let me rethink my supporting options while i start my game over.......

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals