Counter attack

Counter attack
Friday 13/04/2007, 12:27
mariaminette - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
22 messages
Counter attack
mariaminette - Guru - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 13/04/2007, 12:27

The Junta Clan is back to enforce order and discipline. The new arrivals Tank the warrior and Myke the fighter pilot are rallying the troops again. The orders are simple: "Fight!" On the Pussycats side, the sexy stewardess Clara makes her entrance, and she’s very hostile towards men, meanwhile Allan the dance floor king joins the Junkz Clan. The war is on!
All these characters are available in New Blood, Action and Cool Attitude packs in the shop.
« Previous123Next »

11/22
Jericho78 - Titan - Malaysian PRIDE squad English
Monday 16/04/2007, 01:09

Yeah I agree. Clara does not replace Wanda. Not with that stats and star level.
12/22
Cheunger - Titan English
Monday 16/04/2007, 01:20

She is pretty much... Baby Q and Wanda in one card.
13/22
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Tuesday 17/04/2007, 09:40

Well if you look at it, she's just similar to and can rival against Hiki, so i see that they are trying to make power cards that can rival each other,
GGs!
14/22
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Tuesday 17/04/2007, 15:06

If if im wrong with Clara can match the legendary cards...Dj korr,Kiki Cr, and even Guru Cr
15/22
WMD Raven - Hero - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 17/04/2007, 15:50

I would say Clara is a decent card... not extraordinary. It's not a card that I would try to get in my deck at any cost, I would rather get Charlie in my elo deck instead of her. And in this elo metagame... although she has some "muscle power" and can defend from the most powerfull cards I would rather play a card like Yayoi because of all the "nasty abilities". She's not all that awesome.... Wanda and babyq were banned because there were too many good card at all levels in the Pussycats clan, and with their bonus they started to show up in every elo deck, neither Wanda, nor babyq are extraordinary cards like vickie, jackie or the "great" crs, for example jackie had a star less, 1 damage more and the stop ability which in my view is better in this metagame than stop bonus.
16/22
AoEM Tarr - Legend - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Tuesday 17/04/2007, 21:59

Definitely agree with Raven... stop opp ability is obligatory these days... and also new cards follow this trend ( in recent weeks: Tank, Graff, Luis, Rubie, Kati, Bryan ) So cards like Yayoi are definitely more "wanted" then Baby Q or Clara. However I dont think there are so many cards with "nasty" abiities. I think that not much abilities are too strong ( yes GraksmxxT has good ability but Gina Glitt has nearly the same one, so Graks is so over-powered due to his stats not because ability ), but the point is that abilities have multiple purposes and wide field of activity. From reducing heavy damage (Graks, Uranus, Vermyn N), reducing slight damage ( Yookie, Ottavia, Jane Ramba), through increasing power or damage ( Copper, Dragan, SkrumxxT, Berserkgirl) to the all-present Courage and Poison ( many and many ). So stop opp ability is useful everytime... in this "metagame"
17/22
Progenitor - Titan English
Tuesday 17/04/2007, 22:11

Honestly when I saw Clara I didn't think much of it either. IIf given a choice, I would include Yayoi or Charlie in a pussy deck over Clara in an ELO deck. Like the above guy said, yayoi's stop ability > stop bonus at this point in time and Charlie for me is just a staple in a pussy deck anytime I form one.

I don't really see myself getting hyped over most of the cards....Clara as explained above, the junks guy is just an extra card for the collection, and the 2 La Junta cards are ok: Myke with his ability and bonus is at best a 6/6 3 star card while Tank is a 6/5 stop ability 3 star with both ablity and bonus. In ELO where star count is limited we really gotta think about what we put in...The juntas alrdy have decent cards to put in ELO with jane, Bruce, Wardog, gerutd and Bryan.... I see both Tank and Myke and I don't see myself thinking that they would definitely replace those cards...what they do add are more choices.

Overall nothing really meta game changing or worth getting super excited about in this addition for me, just more choices and I dun really see myself using those cards over the current ones...if I were to, I'll choose just one of the four.
18/22
ibtd - Imperator - Die Frettchen English
Tuesday 17/04/2007, 23:03

I don't know. I do like Clara because she finally enables the Pussycats to be the leading clan in a deck and not just the support clan. Think about it a while and you know what I mean. Clara is the only 8 power Pussycats card that is allowed in ELO at the moment. Without her, Pussycats are simply the supporting clan for whatever you choose between Ulu-Watu, All-Stars, Uppers or whatever you like. But with Clara joining the ranks of the all-women clan, they suddenly have the power to take the leading role.

The Cats always had trouble taking down clans with power up/down or attack up/down bonus. Lamar ate everyone of the Pussycats for breakfast, just as Dorian, Zatman, SkrumxxT and other well known cards did. Now with Clara in the picture, it looks completely different and the Pussycats are no longer just a defensive measure.

I know that Yayoi and Charlie were quite capable of dealing devastating blows, but they still had a hard time against the top cards from other clans. And although in general Stop Opp Ability might be the more desired ability, combined with Claras 8 power her Stop Opp Bonus can be a huge hurdle for the opponents "big cards".

I think Clara is a real nice addition. She is not ridiculously overpowered like some other cards, but I think she will have an impact even though most of you think otherwise

GGs
19/22
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Friday 20/04/2007, 13:11

I was...of course... refering to her fully-leveled.The un-leveled issue in ELO along with the rediculous bans has dicouraged me from playing ELO for now.
20/22
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 21/04/2007, 05:53

Had Clara been 1 star lower, she would have had so much potential. As a 5 star she's practically worthless in ELO. In regular she's fine. Her muscle and ability will give the Cats some more "firepower".

In ELO she's just not good enough especially with Yayoi there at one star lower with 1 less attack, a better ability, and one less star. Even without Yayoi, a 8/5 Bonus removing 5 star does not win you games. She's be sidelined in ELO regardless.

But the game isn't just ELO. She's great in regular mode, and that's where she's going to shine.

StormWind

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals