Cheat in daily tournaments
Thursday 26/07/2007, 14:47
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
43 messages
Cheat in daily tournaments
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 26/07/2007, 14:47

Hello,

We are going ZERO-tolerance on using organized play in tournaments.
From now on, any player suspected of using his guild to rank, or "free win", moderators will reset his tournament score to 0.
If doing it again, blacklist, then again, forever block.

Fraggle
« Previous12345Next »

11/43
SoulSteal-WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 27/07/2007, 07:25

Tried placing a comment not sure if it went through...

You all need to change the code to guild members not being able to challenge or be challenged by each other in tournament modes in those rooms. Cause no offense, your hunches are not going to be a great assessment of who is cheating and who is not. Unless you can provide some spy bot proof or some log of the persons games then you cannot go and say reset someone for making a high score or just doing well.

The buffing of scores has been a major issue for a while, and a lot of people started doing it in order to get a fair shot at the cheaters. I agree it needs to be handled, but you need to do it with a better sense than if we think than it must be so
12/43
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Friday 27/07/2007, 08:33

SoulSteal: don't worry, we are not "hunching", we have various ways to check at our disposal. (battle history, mutli accounts check etc..) Preventing guild's members from challenging each other would just "slow" them down a bit, not fix the issue.

We have some ideas to make cheating less easy in tournaments, we'll let you know.
13/43
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 27/07/2007, 08:40

Actually we can ban anyone we want for any reason we want. It's just not good for business to do so, but we certainly can if we chose to do so. I'm not saying we are, just that we could.

We have ways of tracking guild members challenging each other and can and will crack down on it. We can't catch everyone at once. We are humans. But when we've had one guild outright admit to doing it, and caught several others at it, the staff is not going to tolerate it any more than our players want to tolerate it. It's a complete unfair advantage.

As far as "We think then it must be so" you have to look at it this way. It's unrealistic to score more than 50 points in a single round. And even so that's very very unrealistic. Sure it CAN be done, but it usually means someone was planning it. If it's done repeatedly, then obviously something fishy is going on.

We're talking about people who know this game as well if not better than the people pulling the exploits. The people who designed this game know full well how many times in a row a player can have a 50+ point game without having staged it. And yes I'm very much oversimplying it. I don't want people suddenly getting the idea they can Buck the system by spreading out the games in which they score high points. If you can think of it.. we probably already have.

The simple truth is.. cheating in this game in the daily tournaments and in ELO comes across as very obvious, very fast.
If we catch you, we will act accordingly.

StormWind
14/43
VenZacTocl - Senior English
Friday 27/07/2007, 08:59

I Don get the meaning
15/43
Mam-Lasak - Guru - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Friday 27/07/2007, 12:19

I think that player wouldn't can challange and fight with same opponent more than once. Ehm... Sorry. My english isn't good. Example: Player 1 challange player 2. After fight the opponent can't be seen like as avaiable. So, player 1 can't challange player 2 during 1 tournament anymore. Ehm... Do you think what I mean?
16/43
Coure - Titan - FairPlayers English
Friday 27/07/2007, 14:23

Mam-Lasak, That would seriously hurt pure ELO players, there are so few to challenge in the first place, might only be able to play 5 games in one tournament
17/43
Jaxe VS - Titan - Vicious Salvo English
Friday 27/07/2007, 23:10

A question, Stormwind:

I play tournaments rarely, but when I do, I generally play with unmaxxed cards that are extremely close to leveling; the idea is for them to level during the tournament and giving me an extra boost in battle points. I've noticed many other players with huge jumps in battle points towards the end of the tournament, and thats the only explanation I can give as to how that happened.

My question is: Is that against the rules?
18/43
Friday 27/07/2007, 23:29

I did not mean any disrespect, and have always had good relations with the admins. However, the original post left way too many questions marks in the air and sounded like this thing was going to be on a whim. Also, I am glad for a crackdown to make things more fair because it was forcing even really strong and already excellent players to have to find an advantage just to keep up and it has been a way too long overdue issue.

Since Fraggle helped explain the process of catching those who do it, I am much happier with the approach. I have also sent a message to my entire guild saying if anyone is found doing it they will be dealt with on our level as well, as of the announcement.
19/43
Saturday 28/07/2007, 04:39

Not elo, elo doesnt really have this issue as you lower the elo score of the guy you played, its more for the other daily tourneys
20/43
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Saturday 28/07/2007, 06:17

Jaxe: this is not considered cheating

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals