Cheat in daily tournaments
Thursday 26/07/2007, 14:47
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
43 messages
Cheat in daily tournaments
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 26/07/2007, 14:47

Hello,

We are going ZERO-tolerance on using organized play in tournaments.
From now on, any player suspected of using his guild to rank, or "free win", moderators will reset his tournament score to 0.
If doing it again, blacklist, then again, forever block.

Fraggle
« Previous12345Next »

21/43
Mam-Lasak - Guru - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Saturday 28/07/2007, 11:10

I think that The Lost Warehouse is totaly needless. Useless.

Reason: All players train their cards during tournaments in other rooms. I think that liquidation of Lost Warehouse is best solution! This game is not about fights amongst players, but only about leveling cards!
22/43
Montigue - Hero English
Saturday 28/07/2007, 17:45

Bravo, I say!
I finally tried this game, after much hesitancy, due to others ruining games I've played, both online and Real Life. I have been pleasantly surprised by this game: it has proven to be quite fun, despite an occasional less-than-pleasant individual. Cheaters ruin many games, and not merely for me, I hope!
Thank you for taking measures to insure fair playing, and keep at it for the sake of the game!

Monty
23/43
TheScathed - Hero English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 02:36

Haier WMD, it's possible if they secretly play EVO or with low-level cards while their opp has Level 5's. You can easily score 40+ Points in a battle.... And by that I mean you can get even more.
24/43
LOA_PuppyChow - Guru - Legends of America English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 06:20

Perhapse, instead of the usual system, it has a Challange random... where you don't send a message, and your name, and flag are not displayed, you can still refuse, in case you're going out for something to eat, and someone challanges you right before leaving... but this way people wouldn't be able to challange known affiliates.
(i say the flag thing, because i've long suspected people of refusing me because i have an American flag...(paranoid much?)
this way we ton't have people exploiting no pillz mode, or EVO, or whatever systems of play... complete random... complete chaos... afterwards, you can send a message, thanking, complementing, or other... but nort before battle

Yar....
25/43
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 06:35

Something similar to what you just said NC, is in the works. Sort of a beta phase. I'll let Fraggle talk about it when he's ready. But staff is cracking down hard on the cheating and they are working to make it a lot harder to pull the old cheating methods

StormWind
26/43
Symbolic - Hero English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 11:32

Wow I must be blind...I thought thay cheating wasn't really a concern in this game...although now I can understand why alot of people come out with insane points during tournaments.
27/43
A_N_N_A - Titan Česky
Sunday 29/07/2007, 14:25

I may have missed something, but how is such simple stuff as playing EVO during tournament treated? While by itself it will not win you tournament, it very well could make it very hard for non-EVO to place high (fast games with high point gain).

Would not it be after all best to acknowledge what tournament really is? Just a time to come back to game regularly, play for a little bit extra gain and a little bit more seriousness. There is not that much in stake so make it apparent. No big gain for being very first. Aka make the differences at top so minimal that the top is so numerous it considerably outnumbers the cheaters, so cheaters dont gain much for their hard work. It does lead to egalitarism but this is european game after all. May be make the rewards for being very top more about title than clints. Using stolen money is smart for some people but using stolen title tends to look plain dumb.

Anyway, cudos to authors for making this game generally nice place to be.
28/43
cBp_Fojtik - Legend - Czech Beer Power Česky
Sunday 29/07/2007, 15:11

It is very good idea. I stopped to play daily tournament because of cheating during them. I try to play it again now.
29/43
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 15:53

We think the competitive mode or Urban Rivals is ELO.
But we'll also add a new gamemode not AS competitive as ELO but still different from "normal" play.
30/43
6SimS-Sven - Imperator - UTOPiA English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 16:18

Yes very competetive,the only thing i disklike is the cr,why can't i win a lot of cr..i had been dominating elo since last last last month

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals