Cheat in daily tournaments
Thursday 26/07/2007, 14:47
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
43 messages
Cheat in daily tournaments
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 26/07/2007, 14:47

Hello,

We are going ZERO-tolerance on using organized play in tournaments.
From now on, any player suspected of using his guild to rank, or "free win", moderators will reset his tournament score to 0.
If doing it again, blacklist, then again, forever block.

Fraggle
« Previous12345Next »

31/43
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 17:10

That sounds interesting, a new game mode... but i guess we'll have to wait and see what it will be

but, i was just curious, i have always heard rumors about clans that deliberately slow down play, is there any way of tracking this tactic?
32/43
impysin - Veteran - (¯`·.._.·S.I.N·._..·´¯) English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 21:33

I like the decision i have seen people have 250 points in the first 5-7 minutes of the tournament as far as the lw i love it my money comes from buying lwl level cards and then evoing the to max then selling
33/43
Arcade Town - Novice English
Sunday 29/07/2007, 22:47

Yh i would of thought u just see who they are and if there in the same guild as each other
34/43
SoulSteal-WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 30/07/2007, 03:24

Not sure how you would check it but yea, we used to run into that problem back in the day...lot less now that there are so many people playing the tourneys. But as I would play, I would get challenged and woudl accept. Next thing I know is I am now stuck in a game with someone deliberately taking as much time as he can between actions. Later on I found that someone of the people doing this were in clans of people I was competing with in the top 5. Not sure if they could track that, but the way we get around it is by only taking on challenges we send out, not that get challenged to us.

Just a tip if it is happening to you
35/43
X-Thuga-X - Legend Português
Tuesday 31/07/2007, 22:08

I will admit that i once asked for help (one battle Only) but i think that people could help each other Isn't that Life?! :S
36/43
AgentScarecrow - Master English
Thursday 02/08/2007, 18:22

Agreed. There should be a "you can't attack someone from your own guild" rule.

However, one could still use a multi or friends in other guilds to cheat. So that rule would not be totally perfect by itself...
37/43
W M Daexen - Moderator - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 02/08/2007, 22:56

The "you can't attack someone from your own guild" wouldn't work as you have already mentioned; if they wanted to cheat they would simply have friends join different guilds. I only avoid my guildmates because I don't want us to hinder each others' scores during a tournament: nothing like getting multiple members on the score card =). (That and my guild members tend to be very competitive and I have a better chance of losing to them than against a random opponent).

I like the way they've worked it and I've seen it in action where someone was eliminated from the rankings during a tournament. A perfect solution? No. But it will improve as they keep their eyes on the tournaments and the games played to see how people are trying to Buck the system.

To the administration and moderators of the game: keep up the good work - this has improved the tournament portion of the game (in my humble opinion).
38/43
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Friday 03/08/2007, 01:07

Though, if there was a Sister guild, designed to support a primary guild, it would be noticeable in logs.
but at the same time, that would be only for really coordinated cheating guilds...
see... if i were to set up a Cheating Bot rig, i would only accept challenges from people who sent me a password.
the password, which i would have as No pillz ( a nice reference there) would mean that they are set in motion to win, the best way possible, so they get maximum points.
for people who don't send the password, i wait 1 minute approximately, then accept the battle, and wait 90-120 seconds approximately between actions....
but that's just a theory, i have never Cheated toward anyone specific, though, i do have an 8 5 star deck, which i use to help anybody who challenges me, by not using any pillz...(i won once while playing like this, but clearly it was because my opponent had bad luck) but as far as i kow, there is nothing illegal about throwing battles to everybody... and if there is, then i'll work on not doing it anymore .
39/43
Mam-Lasak - Guru - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Friday 03/08/2007, 12:02

Is this multi-account: Cher06, Cher07...? And players with nicks like. Tessa, Ashigaru, Aurelia, Kevin...?
40/43
Wylde_Bil_AOD - Legend - Army of Darkness English
Friday 03/08/2007, 12:05

Sister guilds seem to be more prevelant with french players, though i never got the train of thinking "your not good enough to be in the "A" guild but you can be in the "B" guild" to me it just seems to be a tered class system.

second nude you put to much thought in that cheating method for a none cheater lol

and third aren't you sweet to throw everyone a bone, but know that since saying this in this strain all the ppl that see that will challenge you in tournys lol

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals