A bit more than three weeks ago we presented our Standard format project. After having read your comments we changed the way to implement it. No need to go back over the previous version of this project (you can read the 700 and more comments if you wish), I'm going to talk about the final version.
The goal is still the same : offer a scalable and restrictive format.
Today, we have to many playable characters in each clan. New players are lost with all these options while paradoxically, old players own the best characters but always play with the same ones. With the Standard format, we want to offer to the new and old players a more restrictive environment if they wish, with less options in each clan but more often renewed.
What will we do?
1/ Create a list of characters called "Standard" which will be reset half-yearly. In this list you'll find all characters (and LD too) released within the three last years before the update, Leaders, starter deck characters and characters released after the update. You'll find 13 to 16 characters in each clan. New clan will keep all their characters.
2/ We will create a new deck format:
Standard format: Standard characters only, 40 stars max., no double.
3/ T1 and T2 will be renamed in Extended and Extended 25.
Extended format: all characters are allowed, 40 stars max. no double, equivalent to the current T2.
Extended 25 format: Extended characters, 25 stars max., no double, equivalent to the current T1.
4/ Several changes will be made on the DT.
- The timer will be significantly reduced for all DT matches. From the first match you'll have the same timer as the one you have now above 100 points.
- We will create a list of penalized characters in DT which will be independent from the list of ELO banned characters. The rule will probably remain the same: -2 points for each penalized character un your 4 characters team. We might change the penalty in the future if necessary.
- T1 and T2 room will be merged in one single room Extended Fights. To allow you to play with 15 to 40 stars decks, the battle system will make you face opponents with similar decks. The DTs will always be in this room.
- There will always be a DT every other our but alternately with the two rooms, Extended and Standard. it means there will be a DT one hour out of 4 in the Extended room and the same in the Standard room.
- We will randomly give a collector to players ranked in the top 150 in DTs. We didn't decide the exact number of collectors yet nor the rules of the draw but we're thinking about 5 collectors a day.
I insist on the fact that with the system of matches against similar decks (which already exists on T1 and T2 rooms) you'll be able to build competitive decks with a small number of stars as you'll always face similar decks. Le big difference is that 25 stars decks will face slightly bigger decks and 26 stars decks will face slightly smaller ones. It doesn't happen now because of the rooms limits which don't match with the way DT decks are built.
5/ We will create two new battle rooms.
- Deathmatch Standard: just like the current DM T2 but with Standard decks.
- Survivor Standard: just like the current Survivor T2 but with Standard decks.
6/ We will also make some minor changes as:
- new packs in the shop with Standard characters only.
- sorting options in the collection to only see Standard characters.
- changes in the theme decks (we are still thinking about it).
- minor changes in the visuals of cards to make Standard characters easier to recognize.
You may notice that ELO won't change at all, the same for DM or Survivor rooms. Of course the Fight Club and the Warehouse won't change either.
About the deadline, with all these changes we cannot be sure it will be released on March. We are working on this project and we want to release it quickly but I can't give a date but it should be implemented before this summer.
You can post comments or send emails here: email@example.com
Thank you and have fun!
This doesn't seem that bad.
Five collectors a day to random players in the top 150 in dts. I REALLY like that idea.
@Anakrohm and anyone expressing similar sentiments: DM T2 isn't leaving. Except for the introduction of a new standard DM room, DM won't change. From the Original Post-
"You may notice that ELO won't change at all, the same for DM or Survivor rooms. Of course the Fight Club and the Warehouse won't change either."
As for those bemoaning a lack of Standard 25, the post explicitly says that the Standard DT room matches you with people matching your star count, meaning that as long as you go into the Standard room with a 25* deck, you shouldn't worry about having to face T2 decks. Now I don't know how well this program will work out, but if they're at least addressing the issue, let's see how the measures work before we flip out about it. Unlike the original idea of standard, this take on standard has limited or no intrusion on most modes, and it promises to give UR some interesting new modes and room to grow. You can never please anyone, but try to focus on the positive here people, especially when the staff went to the trouble of reworking their new system on our input.
Dunno when you'll implement this, but don't forget to penalize DRs in DTs. The faster timer itself is nice but it won't be enough honestly.
It's 100% safe to assume you've never won a DT then.
More ppl would prefer to at least penalize them but I'd say just completely ban them, even conditional DRs. They slow matches down; if players don't want to get KO'd then they should avoid putting themselves in risky situations unless they think it can pay off. Simple as that.
@ SnakeTwilight: So you're saying penalize the entirety of the Pussycats clan? Or the majority of the Roots clan? Or a couple of the staples in a low-star Rescue or Montana clan? No. DR's are still fine to use. DT's should still be a contest of skill--learn to avoid the DR's and still get your 2HKO in. Players who use DR's tend to be limiting themselves anyway; that's oftentimes one fewer card to KO with. Nevertheless, it still has a vital role in the deck--making the opponent lose. And winning/losing is what the game is about.
Good revision of the previous presented change... I'm excited to try this, hope it would be sooner!
The main reason i havent won one is that i havent actually really tried lol.
p.s sorry about the 3 posts but i keep thinking of something to add.