The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

31/245
fayzsum - Imperator - Orlovi English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 19:11

UR should show the gap range for decks

eg: (24*-27*) (28*-32*) and so on.

This will give player room to built deck, imagine 25* deck vs 27* deck. Although the different of 2 stars seem quite little, but the cards in the deck aren't. I remember UR explained that 25* deck would be against a deck similiar or a lil bit higher. We need to know the range for deck so it easy for players.
32/245
Wakshaani - Legend English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 19:13

Sad that Standard consists of a single room right now. Extended is in five of the seven non-training rooms beyond Fight Club, with Standard and ELO being the leftovers. Of course, this might just be until the bugs are all worked out... until then, I expect the Extended rooms to be vastly more popular; a shame, since I've been a huge fan of ELO since trying it out and seeing how many broken cards were removed from the format. Standard could give ELO rooms a run for their money, once the penalty list is finalized and put into place. (Personally, I'd up the penalty to 3 instead of 2, but.)

Survivor Standard instead of Extended, maybe, leave Deathmatch with the two Extended formats, and then the alternating DT in Standard and Extended (Though, again a personal bias, rotating between Standard and ELO would be better. Extended's a format I have no interest in whatsoever.)
33/245
z3hro - Titan Español
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 19:17

Well, it seems it´s just about getting used to but personaly i think these kind of changes should be evaluated through player opinions. Besides, the new background on cards messes up the art. I´d prefer that these cards only keep the standard logo on a corner.
34/245
VanessaWolff - Titan - Colombian Legend's Español
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 19:33

The game is a guessing game!!!! if you dont win in the first round with out even playing anything then its just a lame guessing game, no strategy at all!!!!
35/245
lightball20 - Imperator English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 19:44

@LB_Abnormal
they will eventualy add pentalties to the cards but they wont ban any cards, there were no banned cards before they arent going to start banning them now

@werwolferine
they mean nothing will change in the way that ELO-Mode is played, so the rules and cards allowed dont change any, and they also said that you cant play DT in elo anymore, they were specific about that that DT and Elo are now compleatly separate from each other now
36/245
Bass Faerie - Titan English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 19:52

10 card decks are still good. I still plan to use a 10 card 26* deck, and I made it into the top 50 of the tourney I played today with one (despite that it's a little harder now). if I'm being matched against an 8 card 25-27* deck then their average hand is still higher starred than mine, also I have low star hands for a high win score. Why not use 10 2* cards? because there aren't that many good 2* cards (especially not in one clan, I prefer to use mono Junkz). Perhaps it's important to note that this was in extended rather than standard.
37/245
about4turtles - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 20:00

@Vanessa Wht do u mean its a guessing game? and wht does this have to do with standard anyways?
38/245
PriMinizZztA - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 20:26

Extended will always be a great part of the game since you can play ANYTHING there and thats essential

Elo will always be Elo with hopefully a few changes to increase balance between losing life to poison protecting life's with DR being able to KO ,

and getting away from the current system with too much 50/50 games due to the 14 life scale Elo is on

i hope we move back to 13 life soon

After the changes made to its final form Standard is the best thing that UR could do to keep the initiative on their side to make the game last for years to come, it will be a everchanging and thus challenging game modus for all of us to enjoy in the respectable formats that already exist : Survivor Deathmatch and DT and maybe even a Elo Standard next to the normal Elo rooms

lets give Ur Staff and all the Mods that work with them our trust so that they will tweek Standard and make Standard the future we all have been waiting for to appear in this great game
39/245
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 20:46

PLease can you update the points system for DTs its stil set for the wonderfulT1 and T2 formats
40/245
CloverMew - Titan English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 21:16

Well I saw the new packs. I am displeased that they have made standard packs and extended packs. the rest are standard full decks are now standard and cost 60 creds as apposed to 50 new bloods havnt changed but they now have a standard 3 card pack at least titanium and elite have stayed the same. and there is an extended 3 card pack it doesnt seem as much fuun as before

« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals