The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

51/245
canopusHOA - Veteran - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 23:20

1. Something must be done to limit Skeelz, Vortex and Berserk. Take some cards out of standard.
2. Include some more cards in the various clans in Standard. Right now, not much choice.
3. Elite Pow is wrong about matching similar decks beig bad. His reasoning is flawed. Being matched up with similar decks is bettaer than being matched up with grossly overpowered decks. What is the difference between his exampmle and Kolos and say, Tula? nothing, except a hand with Na Boh could beat one with Uranus, while the one with Kolos and Tula (assuming all other cards are about the same strength) has no chance.
4. ElitePow is however, correct about the CR effect on DTs. It is now hard to get top 150. I used to be able to get in barely paying attention, and with around 150 points. Now, I just got 265, and missed the top 150.
5. Despite what I mentioned in point 4, participation in DTs will inevitably go down. Right now, many people are trying DT out for themselves, to see whether it is any good. Many of those will probably return to elo, survivor, or deathmatch.
6. UR staff, I am assuming will fix many of the problems with this. I think it would have been smarter though, to call this a BETA. Better public relations.
7. I really like the CR DT addition.
52/245
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 23:25

Countinuing from last post:
8. You said that getting into the top 150 multipple times would not increase the chances of a CR. Change that, its wrong. Assuming no one makes it into the top 150 twice in a day, if you make it you have a 1 in 360 chance of getting a CR. However, thats not gonna happen. People ARE gonna get into the top 150 more than once. For every person who gets into it twice, your chances increase. If there are 5, then the chance is now 359. If say 50 people get into it 4 times, then the chance is 1 in 320. For every 5 repeats of a person, the chance increases by one 150th. Still not great chances though. Assuming 150 people get into it an average of 5 times, the chances are 1 in 210.
9. I think that the competitiveness in DT is good. It makes it a bit more interesting, however, I think it might be a bit TOO competetive right now, but as I said, that will go down.
53/245
Ivorrr - Master - Polscy Ziomale English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 23:39

I see You have rised the price of full deck pack in the shop...
50creds > 60 creds.

NOT NICE.
and You didnt mention it anywhere.
54/245
Niravam - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 00:20

@ivorrr yes we were all blind sided by that
55/245
Niravam - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 00:31

So can anyone explain the cr thing I'm kinda confused
56/245
Thursday 05/04/2012, 00:55

Not true, they did. Their reasoning was that there are less cards, so you pay for that higher chance of a card you want. Like how Elite is more expensive than classic or as it is now known, extended.
57/245
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 00:58

@canopusHOA, i'd normally make a debate that defends another arguement, or addon to your own, but there isn't much that id disagree with or to add.

I would only disagree with the part of playing frequency. Just because you didn't get in top 150 doesn't mean others didn't. Naturally, it will just rebalance, as more people play, less chances of gettig in. If less people play, more chances. These will go against eachother til finding a central acrivity rate. Perhaps maybe less people will play this than t1... If that's what you mean than i guess i agree. People will go to t2, or should i say extended, for DT
58/245
Alquimik - Legend - Piratas do Atlântico Português
Thursday 05/04/2012, 01:24

Really outreageous, iff you whant to have "no strategy at all" rooms you can create them, but be sure that you dont drag everyone around.(create standard rooms but keep the T1 and T2 rooms).. what do you mean by that standard stuff?? stars only matter for deathmatch and elo!??!? clans with every card playable and clans with 13 cards playable?!??!? full deck 50 cred - 60 cred and dont even anouce that?? im not buying cred´s anymore.. and dont tell me it´s because of the international economic crisis, a buisness like this dosent have any yearly losses... no excuses guy´s.. no excuses.. im really dissapointed in you...
59/245
markXtheXspot - Titan English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 02:20

Rescue, Piranas, Uppers, Montana, and especially Roots were all neutered nearly to death... those poor, poor clans...
60/245
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 02:23

Ive been waitng for an admins response on spagr 's questions

« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals