Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

21/237
Dan996 - Hero - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:07

Question about:
- star rating of your deck lower than that of your opponent’s: 3 points if the difference is lower than 5, 5 points if the difference is equal to or higher than 5
This is about the deck or hand just wanting to double check cause:
The 26* 9 charecter deck will then become obsolete right? cause the average star count is lower then a 8 charecter deck and this is no longer going off the hand you draw but the deck all together.
22/237
Meelosh - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:12

It's sad that UR staff don't think that it is an issue that a player can be faced with opponent who has more than 5* advantage in his hand...

http://prntscr.com/a79sz

I kinda hoped they would fix it, but I guess they don't plan to...
23/237
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:19

These changes really suck. Low star playing was finally getting interesting, and now it is completely destroyed, as you no longer get any bonus for losing to a much higher star rated decks. With the broken match-up algorithms, and ability to KO in one or two rounds, 40 star decks are again going to be the main point raking force.
24/237
waTHOR - Master English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:21

Effective when?
25/237
HipHoppa - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:32

It says the change is now in place.
26/237
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:35

UR should have polls for stuff like this. This way they can predetermine if players will like the change, or dislike the change. Just my opinion.
27/237
Lord Plague - Titan - Second 2 None English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:36

If I am understanding this right - players have very little incentive to _NOT_ play with a 35* (or higher) deck.

I've already quit playing Survivor because all I ever run into are decks full of 5 star characters,
So I guess it will be the same in all modes now.

This whole thing seems to be penalizing players who play moderate decks while rewarding those who just fill their decks with 5* characters.
28/237
YU2M - Legend - ExtraordinarY KillerS English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:40

ElitePow@ your'e right - it sucks....
The stuff will distroy this game very soon with a lot of stupid changes....
ELO banned, Standard/Extended, new clans, battle points, blah, blah, blah.....
Money, money, money.....
29/237
waTHOR - Master English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:41

It would be like playing in ELO. Getting pawned by monster deck. I thought DT is the best for newbie but i guess it's going to be harder or maybe fix what Meelosh said.

Anyways, i agree with Meelosh obviously.
30/237
waTHOR - Master English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:42

I agree with Meelosh. I thought this is a really BIG help to new players. Hope to be fixed.

« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals