Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

231/237
FoFPrinnyDood - Titan - Friends Of Fate English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 19:00

@Goralion: this is great, i love it!! the cards in groups A and B totally deserve it, especially Ambre and Hugo! i'm a little surprised to see cards like Artus and Lea in group C alongside 3* beasts like Uranus and Robb Cr, it seems you're penalizing a staple or two from pretty much every clan... but hey, -2 points isn't the end of the world, i suppose!

and i'm really looking forward to the changes in the matchmaking system too! separation by star count looks to me very similar to the original T1/T2 room split, which everyone wanted back... except now there will be three different options! anyway, great job!
232/237
Keelatay - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 22:37

Any chance when the new penalties take effect there can be markings on the card art, much like the elo ban marking?
233/237
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 23:31

"C TYPE (2 points) : Gil, Sigma, Uranus, Lehane, Elvira, Bristone, Olga, Robb Cr, Leviatonn, Arno, Spiaghi, Artus, Jessie, Mona,Bonnie Ld, Chiara, Lea ."

As far as I know, Artus has never been ELO banned, and Jessie has only been ELO banned a few times (she's a strong 2*, sure, but far from game-breaking.) I don't think Artus and Jessie belong on the list -- but that's just my two cents, it looks pretty good overall.

I would almost say that it might be better if there was a 1 point penalty for Lehane, Elvira, Bristone, Spiaghi, Lea, and Chiara.
234/237
Wolfwitness - Hero English
Thursday 28/06/2012, 00:28

Nice. I'm okay with the list in general except I think Uranus deserves to be a B at least. And I agree that the penalties could stand to be a little steeper, though I think 12-8-5 would be good enough. Maybe now I use my FPC cards more often now without getting Ambre'd a lot.
235/237
Raptor WMD - Master English
Thursday 28/06/2012, 02:18

I second the Hawk vs Jackie Cr comment. I feel Bogdan should be in group C or none. Elvis? Gil, Robb Cr and Uranus belong in group B IMO. I think Junkz and Piranas are a little untouched. Peeler, Haze and/or Gibson. Dalhia, Ulrich or Smokey Cr? Dalhia is very much like Shann and Naginata.
236/237
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Thursday 28/06/2012, 10:46

Gil should be -5 at least, I mean compared to stuff like Yayoi, Lou, Ratanah, Sylth, Toro, Bogdan whom will barely be used and are -5!
237/237
L8Rdays - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 28/06/2012, 14:11

The only part I really dislike about this new announcement was the very last line:

"X victories in a row" bonus won't be inserted in this battle points calcuation version

The whole purpose of those extra bonus points was to give the low star decks that win several games in a row with skill the ability to compete against high star decks that attempt to win games with 2HKOs. The extra time required to win games with those hands would not be penalized, assuming you continued to win. Without that, the low star decks become much weaker (despite the fact that the matchmaking system will be updated).

« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals