Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

31/237
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:50

Post 23 : Low star will stay interesting but won't be the only way to build a competitive deck for DT. Our goal is not to kill any deck, but rather to make sure that no deck has a "natural" edge over the other.
Post 22 : We try to fix this by giving you extra point if you have less stars than your opponent and giving you point per round played and of course, the match making system should look for players with similar decks but some players build unbalanced deck and can get some "heavy" draw with low stars deck
Post 19 : They should stack and I think they do.
32/237
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 15:58

I'm not too sure on how I feel about these changes. First of all, is it easy to make a 40* deck made with a bunch of lower star cards and then lose every fight. By doing that you get the +3 or +5 bonus. On top of the 10 for the loss, and if you can drag to round 3 or 4 you get 10+3 + 8 = 21 points for a loss or 10+5+8 = 23 points for a loss. Or if you lose in 1-2 rounds but with less stars in your hand, you get about 18 points for a loss.
Now say that every fight lasts 90 seconds, you get about 40 fights, and with the 18 points you get 720 points for losing 40 fights.. kinda unbalanced.
33/237
waTHOR - Master English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:02

Please try to fix the match making or DT will be completely change or rather ruined
34/237
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:05

Post 27 : I have to disagree, players will have less incentive NOT to play high star deck, but they'll mostly have to play decks that they win with. That will be the key.
Post 28 : If it was only about the money we'll be selling Cr in the shop and be done with it. Of course, all our changes are motivated by the will to make the game more enjoyable and have more and more people playing it, of course, hopefully it should lead to more revenues for us, but that clearly not the only issue.
Post 29 : I don't understand your point. Hopefully the DT will be a very open mode, all type of deck being able to compete in the same tournament, whereas ELO is a very closed mode with strict limitations.
35/237
PeanutLuke - Titan - Apple Bommers English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:12

Normally I love facing 40* decks, I can usually beat them, and get extra points in doing so, but now it doesnt look like that'll happen. Low star decks was a great way of winning DT's, but now everyone's gonna use 5* cards.

The tournaments use to be split between type 1 and 2, taking that away hurt DT''s, now they may just have killed it.
36/237
waTHOR - Master English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:14

I don't know what to say. I just feel that it's not kinda right or i'm just unable to adjust cause i'm just getting in the playstyle in DT.
37/237
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:24

> We try to fix this by giving you extra point if you have less stars than your opponent and giving you point per round played and of course, the match making system should look for players with similar decks but some players build unbalanced deck and can get some "heavy" draw with low stars deck
The problem is, 5 stars is such an overwhelming advantage, you are going to lose 8 games out of 10. Since you don't get those bonus points if you lose, that bonus doesn't help at all.
38/237
_KillSwitch_ - Legend - † OVER KILL † English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:33

Give the changes some time until your theories are proven.Once your theories that 40* deck will dominate the game, then make your complains. Don't just make assumptions since you haven't tested those theories.
39/237
biomin - Veteran English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:44

I've made a deck that takes into account changes in the DT rules: id_deleted what do you think about it? It's made to win 3 or 4 rounds and is able to KO the opponent, has a relatively low star count and no penalized characters.
40/237
waTHOR - Master English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:45

Another question.. Does a win by KO works with the last round?

« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals