Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

41/237
Stendra - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:47

Wish they had a cr in a 150 credit pack
42/237
K8F Aragori - Titan Русский
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:48

Low star decks (2*, 3* in hand), playing 4 rounds, win and still no KO guarantied. It's 20 (win) + 8 (rounds played) + 3 (less stars) = 31 pts (7.75 pts per round).
High star decks (4*, 5* in hand), playing 3 rounds with KO. It's 20 (win) + 4 (rounds played) + 3 (KO) = 27 pts (9 pts per round).
Round played is only time consuming thing (matters in DT). So the higher star cards in my hand the better.
And if I lose fight, it's still quicker against high star hand.
43/237
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 17:16

Finally, nice that dts are no longer about low star decks.
44/237
Infiniti - Guru English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 17:19

So no extra points for KO with pills?
45/237
Meelosh - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 17:27

@ Dr.Ido

In regards to post 31...
It depends on your perception of "fixing". I don't think that extra point or two would mean much to me if get owned in a battle. It is simply not giving me enough motivation to try and beat 20* hand. Also, that extra point or two doesn't fix the problem with Survivor mode. When you lose, it's all over... Yes, you CAN beat stronger hand, but it would take much more luck than usual.

Yes, there are players that make unbalanced decks, but that is not an excuse for a poor matchmaking system. That system should work something like this:
Among other criteria that system probably use to find an opponent (win/lose ratio and such), star count is VERY important. So when I, with my 25 (or whatever) * deck search opponent, the system would first find an opponent with +-5 stars in his deck. Then, when it is found, the cards that we will have in our hands should not be as random as it is now, but also balanced, with maximum 2-3 star difference. And that's it... In addition, I understand that there are players that actually like to play against much higher star count, so you can make it that in 5 (or 10) % of fights, star count is unbalanced, with more than 4-5 stars difference (but not in Survivor mode)...
46/237
Legacy PH - Senior - Face Everything And Rejoice English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 17:32

I don't believe this changes actually promotes players to play high star counts. Destroying the Tourney mode whatsoever anything..
The changes actually promotes a lot of balance due to the idea of trade offs/pros and cons.

the old tourney meta is PLAY FAST and PLAY THE LOW STARS.

with this new modes it's more a of a 'YOUR CHOICE' scenario.

Playing a low star deck gives you a bonus for playing all 4 rounds and the equals or greater than 5 star rule
but gives you a disadvantage of not playing fast and a slim chance of making consecutive wins.

Playing a high star deck gives you a bonus of playing fast, secure winning streaks against low stars
but loses the disadvantage of having a low star deck as it is.

These changes are just basically for trade offs and for the purpose of removing the old tourney meta..
A DECK w/c has a low star count, high damage, and competitive 2 star cards.

This changes promotes diversity in playing decks. I assure you this will not promote players to play high star cards but this will definitely remove the booooring Uppers, montata, All Stars, Rescue low star decks we are seeing in DT.

Same objective that the Standard Format bears. All I am asking to UR is to reduce focusing their updates on cards.
Where is that Guild War System we are asking for?!

The only thing UR definitely did destroyed was the Roots clan. Nothing more nothing less.
47/237
ChefMike1134 - Legend - wicked souls English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 17:40

No bonus for a KO with pillz remaining ? the bonus for a KO with over 12 life is still listed but the pillz not . is this deliberate or an oversight ?
48/237
FEAR_bleustx - Titan - Face Everything And Rejoice English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 17:51

Possible solutions:
1. DT 25* Extended and Standard please or just return the old T1 and T2 rooms
2. Or just fix the long time problem of playing against high starred decks even though you are using a low starred deck.

I think these would solve the issue/s of this new update.
49/237
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 18:03

NO! this is awful. NOw, there's NO reason to ever play a low star deck. The bonus for lower stars is just pathetic. Instead, EVERYBODY will be running the same tired 5-star decks. I liked playing dts, because I could run a 25 star, or lower than 25 star deck, and stomp. Now, there's literally no incentive to reward the increase in difficulty that brings. Should lower star decks have had less of an advantage? Maybe. Was it hard to win a dt with a low star deck? Certainly. Is this the solution? Absolutely not. The days of all 5 star Vortex decks have begun....heralding yet another terrible change.
50/237
waTHOR - Master English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 18:03

Post 46: it will be always win fast lose fast cause when you think for more than a minute then you just lose a negative TWENTY BP. while some are earning 44 pts.

and it's always the win-4-rounds strat even the old meta game. and for this one it just gives more favor to decks with higher star count and gradually it will Vanish the low star count decks and it will be the same with survivor and deathmatch.

« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals