Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

61/237
Infiniti - Guru English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 20:35

Serious Question:

Why did you change the DT rules/scoring again? The past rules/scoring were working well.
62/237
mostDGK - Senior - UnaBombers English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 20:45

Why don't you fix the way it finds a "evenly matched opponent"? How is it fair for someone using a 16-20 star deck to be playing against someone using a 40+ star deck?
63/237
RekoMara - Hero - .::ExtR3M NeWc0MeR::. English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 20:49

WOW!!! This Is Cool Man!!
64/237
YU2M - Legend - ExtraordinarY KillerS English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 20:55

Dr.Ido @
Post 28 : If it was only about the money we'll be selling Cr in the shop and be done with it. Of course, all our changes are motivated by the will to make the game more enjoyable and have more and more people playing it, of course, hopefully it should lead to more revenues for us, but that clearly not the only issue.

Very honest answer. Thank you.
65/237
-- Hades -- - Hero English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 21:01

Nice, this will be interesting and hopefully it will be BALANCED
66/237
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 21:13

So..
does the "5 stars differences = 5 points" apply when even if we lose?
what do you mean by star rating? differences in DECK or differences in HAND?
67/237
Meelosh - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 21:15

I understand that there has to be a star count range that is wide enough to make sure that I consistently find an opponent, but "finding the opponent" hasn't been an issue before when there was Type 1 and Type 2 split. I just don't understand why can't there be some similar split built into this current matchmaking system...

I have to be boring with this topic because recently I decided to play more in Survivor. And with current matchmaking system, it is impossible to play with smaller star count (25 in my case) because sooner or later you run into a 20* hand and it's all over... And it shouldn't be like that. So if you want to be successful in survivor, you HAVE to play with 35-40* decks and have Ambre in it. And I simply don't like those decks because ALL matches finish in 2 rounds, and they turn into "who draws Ambre wins through KO" (similar for Survivor ELO).

The bottom line is that with current system, I'm not playing Survivor... I'm not masochist...
68/237
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 21:22

I don't like it for me this just further limits the selection in the game to the big 5 star cards, as there is now little to no point in running a low star deck. Yet another swathe of cards out of the game. This game is pretty much dead for me now. I used to really enjoy UR, but now I can hardly motivate myself to play a few games a week.
69/237
ftomi76 - Titan - Den of Urban Masters English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 21:29

I like the idea, what UR is trying to accomplish with these changes.
It also makes me relieved, that if needed they will tweak the rules further.
Even though I was fairly successful with the previous rules in DT, my expectation is that more clans will be playable and also more tactics could be used to win a DT (not just 16-18 star decks)
Keep up the good work !
70/237
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 21:33

Can we have DT credits back for ELO games? PLEEAZE!!!?

« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals