Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12...67891011...2324Next »

81/237
Boris Unbound - Titan - night school English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 02:32

Dr Bluthgeld "I wonder whether the Government (or the Staff) just only reads our shouts and complaints here. As for changes of the rules, we'll see."

Well said my friend. I want to rant but I'm not going to. However I will say that when such a major change is made is it outrageous to consider having the CUSTOMERS
82/237
Boris Unbound - Titan - night school English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 02:34

What I was saying is that a vote from members who have actually spent money on this site would have been nice.
83/237
waTHOR - Master English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 03:37

Post 74: very well said sir. that's what i'm about to say. it will be chaos. and 5* will gradually dominate this tounament.
84/237
UM_Xword - Guru Português
Thursday 14/06/2012, 04:03

To me, they would remake ALL of card's powers, damages, abilities and bonuses and make two different rooms. One for 16 to 25 stars and other for 35 to 40 stars. That's the only way I see it that the complains are gonna end.
85/237
PeanutLuke - Titan - Apple Bommers English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 05:08

They can't just remake every card, just go back the type 1 and 2 rooms, there was never any problem with it.
86/237
maximo6000 - Imperator - † OVER KILL † English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 05:23

I really miss T1 and T2 modes.
87/237
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 05:27

DT credits for ELO games!!!! PLEEAZE!!!
88/237
Businessmind - Veteran English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 05:35

If they can change the scoring system at least they should also increase the clintz reward.
500+ clintz and 1 credit from top 11 below is not that good enough you know.
89/237
0 Dragonite_1 - Senior English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 05:51

If Ur is going to change elo points calculation I'd say lower it a fraction. people like a challenge if you raise it old elo records will be smashed at the highest place is the sky.
90/237
Dragon1der - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 05:52

Seems to me the 2 biggest problems with the game so far is "finding evenly matched opponents" and it's been that way since day 1 that I've played, and the other problem is the scoring system. Well, this tries to simplify it, make it more stream lined and easier to deal with. That works from that perspective. But, in reality all that has been done is to change the scale for scoring. Yes it's simpler, but winning and losing just became worth more. I don't see this as a good or final fix. One part in particular has always stood out as bad in the scoring, and was just made worse by this change, is that of the penalty for banned characters. It used to be a minor penalty that was easily overcome and not much of a penalty in all. Now it's a joke entirely. 2 points isn't even worth caring about when you're getting 35-45 (approximation) per game. If it was really intended as a penalty for playing those characters using them would hurt you significantly. Make the penalty for using them equal to thier star rating plus 1. And make it for each character on the list that is in your eight card deck. Then you'd see people being very careful about which ones they used and how many they included because winning could net them less than losing. Now that's a penalty worth paying attention to and abiding by. I'm not convinced that this new system is in any way better than the old one. And I'm not convinced that the old one was better than this one.

« Previous12...67891011...2324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals