Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12...789101112...2324Next »

91/237
magic698 - Novice English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 06:02

So far I can't say that I'm overly impressed with this. Time will tell if it's really a decent fix or killing support for the game.
92/237
MaddAddams - Legend - Elephant Riders English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 06:33

Surprised to see that winning 3 out of 4 rounds doesn't award a bonus to a match loser. Reinstating that would help alleviate some of the pain of running a smaller star deck. It's a consolation prize for a deck that winds rounds better than deals damage, which is what lower starred decks can excel at.
93/237
MaddAddams - Legend - Elephant Riders English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 06:50

To expand on my previous post, with the revamped scoring system, there is now no benefit to continuing to 'play' in a fight you have been mathematically eliminated from. You cannot advance your own score by winning rounds. You can, however, affect your opponent's winnings. But since you're playing against the field for the DT, not just a small subset of individuals like in a DM, this is a jerk thing to do. There's nearly no way that *one* person's three bonus points will affect you. I don't want to be a jerk, so if I'm mathematically eliminated from a fight, I should stop competing, and just send my guys in without any pill back-up as fast as I can click.

I feel this detracts from the feel of a DT, which is that the matches are just small parts of a greater whole. With the old scoring system, some plays were irrelevant to the match at hand, but making them optimally would increase your BP and help towards the final goal of scoring well in the DT. This is no longer the case. It should be noted that this is irrespective of whether you're being matched against decks of similar power. If you're both playing low star decks, sometimes you get hit by Muze and then Cherry, and that's game. Under the old method, you could still earns points towards the DT. Now the final two rounds are moot.

Oh, one thing I do like is how the KO and 13+ Life bonuses work. It no longer recommends a non-intuitive lone pill being left behind.
94/237
URHunter - Titan English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 08:32

@MA: I think you are right. winning a round in a losing cause should still give BP.
95/237
Allarion(LoA) - Titan - Legends of America English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 08:37

-1 For a bad change.
96/237
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 09:57

You need wins and you need them fast.

Solution: Extreme T2 deck that can 2HKO easily. You are the top of the foodchain, matchmaker cannot make you weaker than opponent and you get to reap the easy opponents MM delivers you constantly.

Minor penalty for using those OP card becomes meaningless because you can cram more games to one hour. Low star decks are NOT option because they face the fact that they meet stronger decks and their play is more stalled than all-out-godly facemelters. Previously this effect was kept in bay by the penalties nicely, now its ... apocalypse.

So, fresh players and poor players are still kicked in the head. Atleast previous system gave them chance because the lowstar decks were not that much subject to market reality - but now the extreme cards are obiviously barrier because they come along with equally extreme pricetag.
97/237
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 10:04

I'm standing my ground. This is just a continuation of a gradual change i've seen -- the dumbing down of UR, and the change from "skilled play" to "who has the most 5 star cards and drew Ambre"

I Don't play in t2 rooms, and I hate Ambre. If there's one card i could remove, it would be her. I avoid rooms where she is played like plague, and hands that are composed of : Sekutor, C Beast, Oflgn, and Ambre (HERP A DERP) make me want to quit UR forever, because theyre just plain STUPID. I can beat them 3/4 of the time with my lower star cards because they play like idiotic trolls, but sometimes my low star draw just doesn't have the right combination -- and they win.

However, I don't enjoy these matches, as I feel like i'm playing a dumb ai system, and it's all based on luck -- which in t2 formats, is it. 80% of the games, from my experience, are decided before you even play a card (as long as you're not a complete moron, and miss your guaranteed win scenarios.) There's no playskill involved. And this might be appealing to 8 year old children who want to be THE BEST with THE BEST DECK but hell UR, i loved you guys because I could win through skill, in an even match against another opponent. And when they made a nice play against me -- hell, i got better.

Now, I just have to bust out my stupid grak/Uranus/jackie/Zatman deck and HERP DERP all the way through dts. I don't want to do this. This is not amusing to me, and I'd rather do just about ANYTHING else.
98/237
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Thursday 14/06/2012, 10:06

Post 90:
the problem is, it is often better to LOSE now.
Let's suppose on a first turn you are under attack by a furied OHKO card. If you deliberately lose to it, in under a minute you got yourself 12 points.
If you win all the four rounds, you'd get something like 40 points - for 4 minutes! So by winning, you lose points per minute.
99/237
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 10:09

I've bought more credits than my challenges can display, and I'm sure that can make me one of your "primary paying customers"

Why have I spent money? every time i pony up my credit card, I think "wow, UR really stands out from the pack. I enjoy every match I play, for the pure experience of playing the match."

I don't spend money on other games often. why? Because they feel like stupid grind fests where I'm just working towards the next objective. The gameplay itself holds no value. So why drop money on a stupid card game with bad graphics and dumb art? Because It gives me something that others don't -- intellectual stimulation. And with your consistant dumbing down of the formats, and turning this game into a stupid t2 card playground, I may just stop buying credits. What's the point? The intellectual challenge is being drained from this game, 1 playing format at a time.

I'm sure if you took a poll *FROM YOUR HIGHLY PAYING CUSTOMERS* you'd see they, on average, agree with me. If you actually took the time to do this...instead of launching these half-baked ideas saying "maybe this will improve the game!" you could actually change the game positively. Play to your strengths -- you have an intellectual game. Keep it that way. Don't turn it into another generic button mash game. But hell, i'm sure those 8 year old kids have the money to drop your HIGH paying customers do....someday...

So there's my feedback, UR staff. Keep the game intelligent -- stop dumbing it down
100/237
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 10:26

"the dumbing down of UR"

So painfully true.

Maybe for example chess should have only queens and a king, because other playpieces dont give enough satisfaction to casual chessplayers, they feel underpowered. Yeah. Thats cool, just queens and a king.

« Previous12...789101112...2324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals