Discover Deathmatch Standard!

Wednesday 27/06/2012, 11:02
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
108 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/06/2012, 11:02

From now on, you can play Deathmatch mode in Standard format; the rules and wins will be the same as in Extended format (to find out more about Standard format, click here). And, given the low number of players in Extended 25, we have decided to remove it from the list of formats available in Deathmatch mode. Finally, we have also decided to ban Ambre in Standard format and this will apply to all the different game modes. Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

31/108
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 16:09

Why not just ADD a Standard DM room and leave the Extended 25 alone?
Can we have DT credits back for ELO?
Ugh... just when I get used to it, they change it again. lol I give up.
32/108
Lord Plague - Legend - Second 2 None English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 16:20

Will the Deck Balance matching be fixed so people who prefer moderate decks can play in Extended without facing dacks of all five star characters?
33/108
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 16:33

Extended 25 is gone. Now there is no actual T1 rooms besides events.
34/108
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 16:37

I don't get it... isn't DeathMatch supposed to be "that lawless place" where people can go crazy with Ambre, Guru Cr, and other OP cards?

Putting some restrictions defeats the whole purpose of its creation, right? Urgh, I'm so confused...
35/108
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 17:05

I'm a bit confused about these changes, and I think some other players are, as well.
This was posted in a recent thread regarding upcoming changes:

"
◾ Native separation by group (with the Qickbattle).
Only one room but a new QB rule: a player with a deck in a certain group can only face a player playing with a deck in the same group.

Group 1: 16-23 stars
Group 2: 24-31 stars
Group 3: 32 stars and more"

So there *will* still be an Extended room with the option of running a 25* deck and fighting other decks around 25*s, correct?
36/108
Lord Plague - Legend - Second 2 None English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 17:07

Well I tried - using a ELO/Extended 25 format deck in deathmatch, ended up against an all 5 star deck (Using Ambre.)

Played a second match - same thing.

So basically the rules seem to be saying that unless you play a 40 star deck you might as well not play Deathmatch or Survivor.

Each Mode (Deathmatch, Survivor, etc.) _needs_ a format that puts a level/power limit whether it be Extended 25 or ELO, otherwise it just ends up being about who can get the best cards. As I understood the goal of the changes and introduction of Standard and Extended format was to eliminate that.

Or am I missing something again?
37/108
Die laughing - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 17:09

Not long now before we can wine about Standard ELO!!! I´m actually kinda looking forward to it, though T1 really does deserve a room (where jackie counts for 5*)
38/108
_KillSwitch_ - Legend - † OVER KILL † English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 17:27

I like playing in the Extended 25. Please reconsider this change and put it back since playing in Extended is so overstarred and the game is overkill. Extended 25 places cap on star count thus making the room a somehow fair enough DM.
39/108
8H D-Sparky - Imperator English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 17:49

Was really starting to get into Extended 25 and now its replaced by standard which doesn't appeal to me.

Its like Urban Rivals trying to limit the amount of usable cards in the game
40/108
Dragon1der - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 18:05

I think this is a good move. Banning Ambre in standard by itself is good move (she should be banned all together, but it won't happen), but making another standard format room is good.
The only thing that doesn't seem to be understood by the staff, and many players have voiced this, is that 25* and under limited rooms is desired. They represent a more challenging manner of play than the brain dead 40* smash fest

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals