Battle Points and QuickBattle Update

Thursday 28/06/2012, 16:13
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
130 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 28/06/2012, 16:13

A new updated version of calculating Battle Points is now available. We have also modified the matchmaking (QuickBattle) system to provide you with a more enjoyable gaming experience and more evenly balanced contests. All the information concerning these changes can be found in our FAQs.
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

111/130
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Tuesday 17/07/2012, 06:06

Next we need to limit decks to 8 cards.
112/130
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 17/07/2012, 17:35

@Lafoote: What good would that do appart from removeing some of the deck making skill.
113/130
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Wednesday 18/07/2012, 06:39

It does often take play skill to win while overmatched. However, throwing in one extra card just so you can exploit the point system can not be considered 'deck making skill'. It's counter intuitive to all the nooblets, just like the 16 star decks were before it. Make it 8 cards and let everyone battle strait up instead of some fewer players bagging an extra 30-50 points every tourney. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it for as long as it's viable, but I am saying, it should NOT be viable sooner rather than later.
114/130
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 18/07/2012, 16:42

Its actually a desision you have to make which adds skill. Do you use 8 cards to get your good characters more often to hopefully win more (and maby quicker) or do you use an extra character to try and get more points whilst making your deck have a disadvantage against the decks you will go up against.

Both decks can and do win.
115/130
Keelatay - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 25/07/2012, 18:10

Did the scoring change again? I am getting some strange point scores right now.
116/130
Bronn1 - Legend - Faceplant Chicks English
Monday 03/09/2012, 05:12

I continue to be frustrated by having to retry matches, especially during tournaments. Hitting retry 5 or 6 times isn't balancing, its making people not want to play this game anymore. When I have to waste 5 minutes waiting for a match, there's a problem with the system. This new system sure seems to be more trouble than its worth.
117/130
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Monday 03/09/2012, 10:59

@bronn1
i dont know the specifics... im guessing you are playing the DT during "slow" hours. With the changes in the match making... the quick battle is more selective. more selective means, it is not letting you match up with some of the decks out there

double edged sword here... a less selective match maker was matching up opponents that some people felt were mismatches. a more selective match maker leads to longer wait times.

solution 1)more players needed in the room in increase odds that someone with a similar deck is pressing quick battle around the same time as you. 2)change quick battle back to be less selective
118/130
0 SuB 0 - Legend - U.R. S-C00L! English
Monday 03/09/2012, 18:49

I'm with Bronn1, the quickbattle problem is very bad, I'm having it every DT (not just during "slow" hours), even at the start of the DT, at the end or in the middle, I've tried the first and the second level (up to 23* and between 24-31*).
And I've noticed that playing against the same opponent is too frequent, usually with thousands of players online, sometimes is a little bored to play against the same player over and over... (my record is like 7 or 8 times against the same guy in one DT), in those moments you think something like this: omg!, you again? are we playing alone in this level? play fast!

After several weeks with problems I must admit that I'm disappointed... after my last DT (35 minutes ago), where I have only played 2 games in 10 minutes, I think that I won't play this game mode anymore.

I recognize the hard work of the staff trying to do their best for this game and this mode in particular, but this should be fixed in one way or another.
119/130
FoFPrinnyDood - Titan - Friends Of Fate English
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 04:10

I think it's about time we speak up... this has been going on for weeks! it's getting ridiculous, and i, for one, am really sick of this!

i don't think the problem is the low number of players. deathmatch accommodates 16 people tops (and normally there's about 10), and it's still very playable, with not much wait time in between battles. true, you often get the same opponent twice or more in a row, but that is to be expected.

well, that's deathmatch. now, how do you explain that it's impossible to find opponents in the tourney room, given that there are hundreds of players in there? even if you take in consideration the room split between standard/extended, and decks with different star counts, there should still be at the very least 50 opponents that fit in the same category as you.

ok, so let's say worst-case scenario, all of these opponents are currently battling each other. fine. a typical tourney match lasts for about 3 minutes. so i hit the "retry" button for 3 minutes... still no opponent found. 5 minutes... 10 minutes... WTF!!

so no matter how you look at it, it's the opponent selector that's not working right... because as soon as an opponent frees up and clicks on "battle" again, i should be first in line to fight them, right? otherwise the system has no respect for priority. and if someone else had priority before me, well that wouldn't make sense because we'd both be searching for opponents but not being matched with each other
120/130
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 08:41

I totally understand your frustration, and am not denying that this is happening to you. But I myself had not experienced any such problems when playing in this game mode. I'll just note that I have played my fair share of DT's over the last couple weeks, so I'm not speaking from only an hour of play.

The longest I've had to wait for an opponent is 30-40 seconds, 1 minute at most. Any longer and it's not the games fault, it's because my internet has shat it's pants (which in itself is frustrating, but not a game related issue). I can tolerate waiting 30-40 seconds because I know it is probably happening to hundreds of other players through the course of the hour. Although the 5-10 minute screw ups you're encountering are indeed ridiculous.

Pretty much the majority of comments in threads like these are negative, but usually only because the people without any issues have nothing to post about. I appreciate that the issues you are having with the matchmaking are extremely irritating for you, and in no way am I saying that "there is no problem, stop complaining." I'm just saying that I haven't had an issue, and I doubt that I'm the only one.

Is there anyone else like me actually fine and dandy with the matchmaking system at the moment?

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals