Battle Points and QuickBattle Update

Thursday 28/06/2012, 16:13
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
130 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 28/06/2012, 16:13

A new updated version of calculating Battle Points is now available. We have also modified the matchmaking (QuickBattle) system to provide you with a more enjoyable gaming experience and more evenly balanced contests. All the information concerning these changes can be found in our FAQs.
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

61/130
Onihi - Guru Deutsch
Saturday 30/06/2012, 14:35

The new metch maker start to faild here too i just fight against a 18* in hand. Mine was 3 5* with a 23* deck and with 9* in hand
62/130
Shingo FX - Legend - The Open Dome English
Saturday 30/06/2012, 15:58

I just love this system. Got the chance to take out those old cards & give some viewing catalogs for my opp.
63/130
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Saturday 30/06/2012, 18:02

Hmm.. it seems that I didn't send my message

what is the usefulness of banning those OP characters?
extended and standard pretty much did the same thing right? we have standard to give people freedom from jackie, Zatman etc and play in protected environment
so why should these cards get -10? -2 is already big, -5 would make it impossible to win tournament, -10 would make you struggle to get points

so yeah, I got less and less reason to play UR
I ignored the -2 and play to get 1 credits
and now I cannot even use my cards
the only place left? survivor and deahmatch
I hate DT now, I hate ELO from long time ago
survivor is a T2 place for me, and deathmatch T1 is gone

good luck on messing around with the system UR
eh.. I didn't buy any credits these days, maybe my input is invalid
64/130
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 30/06/2012, 21:17

The OP cards are penalized because:
1. People don't want to play Ambre, Guru Cr, and any of those other group A cards. They're only fun to play against if you're also using them.
2. The staff were tired of the same ol' decks winning DTs.

I applaud this penalty system. Maybe change a few things in groups B and C once in a while to keep things interesting & fair. The matchmaker is working perfectly for me; although, some people are still facing issues, I'm sure the staff are working on that.
65/130
mesoshiny - Legend - Gilden sind nicht so mein Ding English
Sunday 01/07/2012, 02:48

I like the star cut offs. seems to work well for the most part, but 1 or 2 of my last 8 fights in extended tournament were against decks that exceeded my 23* deck. would be great if that would be fixed. though i had one or two cases of no opponent being found as well. so might simply be that not enough players had 23* or lower in their decks.
66/130
magic698 - Novice English
Sunday 01/07/2012, 04:13

So I take it the only place that the matchmaking system works as stated for the 3 groupings of stars (0-23/24-31/32-40) is in the DT rooms? I just got trounced 3-4 games in a row with my 23* deck by 18-20 star hands in the new DM standard room. It hasn't happened in the DT rooms so that's why I believe so.
@63. The new penalties are good. The old -2 was a pathetic joke. It's supposed to be a PENALTY not a hindrance to your OP'd decks. Play all the -10 characters you want. You should lose significant points in matches for using them. I know you won't understand it but that's ok. The world needs fools too.
67/130
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Sunday 01/07/2012, 15:19

This system is really good but they need to rework the penalties so they don't resemble ELO bans but instead strong DT cards.

It's really stupid that cards like Eddie & Slyde have a -5 penalty while a card like Avola, Mona or a card like Nellie have no penalties at all; since they are extremely efficient in point gaining since their clans can win rounds with ease and KO.

Please don't put tournaments back in a place where it is dominated by Uppers & Montana
68/130
Wolfwitness - Hero English
Sunday 01/07/2012, 17:00

I doubt the penalty deters that many people anyway, I still meet tons of people using banned card, particularly (and not surprisingly) Ambre in DT regardless.
69/130
magic698 - Novice English
Monday 02/07/2012, 01:33

@68
Indeed a true statement. Why bither worrying about penalties when you can amass a significant enough number if wins to offset it. In order to be painful enough to get them out of decks, other than in the Fight Club where they belong, the penalty needs to be so harsh no number of wins can matter. In other words it needs to be worth the same amount as the win itself and no points are awarded for the turn it is used in. At that point the loser could come out ahead on BP. Now that would really be a penalty
70/130
Bane BrE - Legend - ExtraordinarY KillerS English
Monday 02/07/2012, 01:56

Heyyy guys,if i am understand in DT have 3 grups 0-23 23-31 and 31+
and if this corect how its posible today in DT i am use deck 23* and 5 times my oponents get 4 cards vith 18 star,hov that posible then this guys have deck vith 25 stars if 4 other cards have 8 stars???
what hapen there in DT that its strange ?????????

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals