Question to the moderating staff

Friday 06/07/2012, 02:50
- DoO - - Legend ελληνικά

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
25 messages
- DoO - - Legend - UTOPiAελληνικά - Friday 06/07/2012, 02:50

Yop. Thx for allowing this. I've been around here since ages and never posted a thread like that before. Not because i don't care, but because i know that what i'm gonna say will only harm and not change anything. In the past, there were ultra cards realeased (such as Caelus let's say) but there is no comparison with this. I have a simple question :

Is Kalindra gonna stay around in elo? Are we serious? I completely disagree with the creation of the clan and especially this card, but whatever, who cares. Allowing it in elo though, is at least hilarious. If you wanna make the ELO mode ONLY a game of luck, you're much closer (though there have been already received too many decisions to that direction, but nevermind)

You know people have 4 cards. Now with this thing, Kalindra, who needs the other 3? you have a 10/16 (don't tell me you will have trouble getting revenge) with fury if the opp has no soa/sob(which is ultra hard, because you gotta have 2 soa and play 2nd, or 3 soa and play first to stop it). Where ''stop'' = 10/8 stats for it. Do you think it's normal? Do you think that the elo restrictions go along with this thing?

This is hilarious. Remove it.
« Previous123Next »

2/25
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 06/07/2012, 08:39

Well that's your thought.
I haven't faced any player that has a Kalindra on their deck maybe because they don't have it or they don't want to use it.
Still the clans bonus is situational. It's not OP TBH.
3/25
Milteon_TpU - Titan - ``THe_PeRFeCT_UnKnOwN`` ελληνικά
Friday 06/07/2012, 12:38

I totally agree with DoO.
ELO is supposed to be the most strategic mode in the game. With releases like this it is shifting towards pure luck.
Not to mention the release of Spyke, something that in the beggining I thought it was a joke, but is not even funny anymore.

Πές τα ρε φίλε.
4/25
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 06/07/2012, 12:45

Kalindra is much like Spyke -- she's definitely OP but SoA and SoB limit her, and DR makes her gap "normal." There are other strategic ways to control her as well... I still find something like Cliff to be more dangerous, because DR can't control him and SoA can't control him, and he's a KO threat.

I have to say that I'm using Kalindra, and she's not an automatic win. I definitely agree with 0 Pride that the clan bonus in general is not OP. It can be strong but it is a huge liability on the turns that you don't get it.

I've also beaten quite a few decks that use Kalindra, sometimes with very mediocre hands. I understand how she works, so I'm not intimidated when I see her. Just my two cents.
5/25
- DoO - - Legend - UTOPiA ελληνικά
Friday 06/07/2012, 13:49

@ Pride : obviously you don't play elo.
6/25
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 06/07/2012, 15:33

Oh well. Anyone have their own opinions.
7/25
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 06/07/2012, 17:10

I don't find her to op ether. To beat her you can ether lose to a card which stops there bonus activateing, use a stop opp: ability or bonus, use a Dr or let here through and get a large pillz bonus because if your oppoent is using her with fury thats probally a lot of pillz gone.
8/25
Fallenkezef - Senior English
Friday 06/07/2012, 22:22

I'm a bit of a newb but don't find her a threat. I play Nightmare mono with kenny. I'm more worrie about power manipulation abilities than a card tht relies on a bonus to be a power 10 +12ife card
9/25
Snowman LoA - Senior - Legends of America English
Friday 06/07/2012, 23:45

Kalindra and Spyke need banned. not only are they impossible to win against but rarely is any other card that is not elo banned more expensive than these two. any other card that costs that much is elo banned.
10/25
DragoRoyal - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 07/07/2012, 07:06

"ELO is supposed to be the most strategic mode in the game"

Boom head-shot. Cards like Kalindra , Kenny make Elo (and all other forms of the game) a guessing game, as most hands will not have the ability to stop these destructive cards.

In the higher ranks of Survivor and Elo, a loss has a pretty harsh penalty. In survivor, people spend a long time increasing consecutive wins, you would hate to lose your *playing time* on a card where the opponent is *allowed* to play a guessing game, with a card such as Kalindra. This is similar to Elo, a loss in the high ranks can net up to -22, which is actually quite painful if you consider the amount of time in gets up to there too. Simply guessing a 1/3 does not make the game strategic.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals