[RP] Staff Support (a fanfic)

Sunday 12/08/2012, 06:42
-Grave Lie- - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
24 messages
-Grave Lie- - Legend - URBAN MADNESSEnglish - Sunday 12/08/2012, 06:42

Disclaimer: This is a fan fiction. Any resemblance to real people and events is coincidental and/or for familiarity purposes only. Enjoy!

David was sifting through the pile of papers on his desk when the clock hit 8:30. They were his assignments for the day, which would probably occupy him for the rest of the week. He randomly took one and swiveled his chair around to face the window overlooking the Clint City bay.

His office was located on the 69th floor of Clint Tower- headquarters of the Urban Rivals Staff. He’s the only senior field agent of Operations Support Division. Many of his fellow field agents chose to transfer after a few months to other departments like the R&D Beta-test Department on the 13th floor. They reasoned out that the workload in OSD was just too much. The others just stopped reporting to work for some reason.

As he read the details of the assignment, someone knocked on his door. He turned his chair around just in time to see a tall woman with orange hair tied into a ponytail close the door behind her. The woman wore a long-sleeved tight-fitting shirt and dark jeans, and was carrying a bulky folder. Printed on the front of her shirt was the name “Kate”.

“Good morning, K. Are you here to ruin my day again?” asked David. “I’m always amazed by how you make tooth extractions seem pleasant. In fact, I think I’ll schedule three today.” He grabbed his phone and feigned dialing a number.
« Previous123Next »

2/24
-Grave Lie- - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 12/08/2012, 07:40

“Ha-ha. Very funny, jerk. I’m just here to give you a-“ She stopped and stared at the huge pile of papers on his desk, and a dozen unopened brown envelopes stamped with the word “urgent” on the sofa.

“Go on. You’re just here to give me a what?” he asked, grinning and cupping his hands as if asking for alms.

“Never mind,” she blushed and quickly left the room. “I’ll come back another time.”

It’s already past 9 o’clock when David finished reading the assignment. He stood up and grabbed his suitcase. The assignment would take him to the Nightmare mansion.

When he arrived at the lobby, there were already long queues at the Credit Support counters. They were always the busiest group in the building. David often wondered why Fraggle, the UR Staff president, hadn’t given the group its own building. Credit Support occupied at least 20 floors, and their queues always clogged the lobby, which many Staffers complained.

As David slowly squeezed through the crowd, he felt a hand grab his wrist. He looked over his shoulder and saw a pretty girl with chestnut hair holding on. She was pale and her knees looked like they were about to give way. He grabbed her arm and quickly made their way for the front entrance. When they got outside, he led her to a nearby bench.
3/24
Sunday 12/08/2012, 08:25

“Are you going to be alright, miss?” asked David. “Do you want some water?”

“No, it’s okay,” she replied, meekly. “Thank you for helping me back there. I’m no good in crowded places.” She gave him a weak smile.

“You’re welcome. Did you come here with someone? A friend? Guildmate?” he asked, looking around for anyone running towards them.

“No,” she shook her head. “I’m alone… I came here to ask how to find a guild.”

“You came here for that?” he asked in surprise. “You could’ve asked anyone on the street. I’m certain they would’ve been glad to have you.”

“I did ask around,” she blushed slightly. “But they just tried to hit on me.”

“I-I see…” David scratched the back of his head. He didn’t know how to respond to that.

“I wanted to check out the guilds and find the right one for me. Y’know, the ones not filled with creeps.”

“I would really like to accompany you, but it’s not my specialty and I really need to be somewhere.” David looked around for other Staffers and found none, but he did spot a familiar-looking dark-skinned young man walking across the street. “Hey, that fellow looks alright. Wait here.” He called out to the man as he crossed the street.

“Hi, there. My name's David. What’s your name?” he asked the man. The man wore a red shirt and blue jeans. Hanging on a chain around his neck were dog tags with URBAN MADNESS engraved on one.

-Grave Lie-,“ he replied cautiously. “Am I about to get banned? Well, whatever it is, I didn’t do it.”

(to be continued)
4/24
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 12/08/2012, 08:44

... cuts to the page 162 ...

"NO NO NO" yelled the market team boss and stamped bright red "CANCELLED" to every single proposal from the public relations team. His head looked like it was going to explode as it was as bright red as the stamping ink

"Do you understand what this means? These upgrades COSTS MONEY because they has to be programmed- and allowing comminity to for example trade cards under "Caveat emptor" clause IT WILL STOP KIDDYS PAYING FOR PACKS SO EAGERLY. You stupid R&D people think this is a GAME? WRONG. This is the battlefield, stop giving slack to the users - they are our enemy - enemy that holds the cash we want to get! UNDERSTAND?!". Market team Leader was almost purple now. He chugged his latte down and continued almost whispering : "All so called updates must be within our script engines limitation. Tweaking that can be done from the backoffice, but any major update is out of question since they need coding effort and we do not have currently skilled programmer slav... *cough*... trainees " he paused briefly and looked down. "And ignore the community until they shut their wallets again.".

Lifting his eyes from the table the room was silent. Market boss turned, picked up his coat and backflipped to his Diamond encrusted Jaguar Jaguar XF 4.2 V8. "And dont touch my donut, I will throw it to trash later... just because I can." - And after that - smiling broadly, he drove to the sunset.
5/24
Sunday 12/08/2012, 08:58

David chuckled. “No, it's nothing of the sort. I just wanted to ask for your assistance, but let me check something first.” He took out his cellphone and did a quick check of Grave’s records. “Hmmm… Your records look clean. You almost got into trouble with StormWhisper though, regarding her event... Same IP address... Siblings, perhaps?”

“Yeah, it was a long time ago. Before she became a writer for a magazine, if I recall correctly. I didn’t know the Staff recorded those petty things.” Grave said as he tried to peek at the records.

“You’d be surprised. Anyway, do you see that girl over there? She’s looking for a guild. I want you to give her a tour of the guilds since I’m preoccupied,” said David.

“The girl on the bench?” asked Grave. “She could ask anyone. I’m sure any guild would like to-“

“I said the same thing,” chuckled David. “But when she did try to ask around, they just flirted with her.”

“Oh… Well, it can’t be helped.” Grave shrugged. “She is pretty, and there are a lot of… indecent players around.”

“So, are you going to help her out?”

“What makes you think I would really tour her around the guilds and not ditch her somewhere, or even worse, hit on her like those other players?”

“Well, your records are clean, and you didn’t immediately pounce on her when you saw her. I’ve also heard a little about you from some notable players and they seem to hold you in high esteem.”

(tbc)
6/24
Sunday 12/08/2012, 09:11

@DeepEnd: You have a nice idea going on there. Why not make your own fanfic (preferably on a separate thread)? Please don't mislead the readers by posting something like "... cuts to the page 162 ..." since they may expect your post to be an actual part of my fanfic. Thanks for the comment though. At least I know you read some parts of it.
7/24
Sunday 12/08/2012, 11:06

“Gee, thanks, but I’m not sure about this. Shouldn’t the Staff or the moderators be the ones doing this sort of thing?” asked Grave.

“Well, yeah, but we’re very busy this time of year. So, how about it?”

“Alright, I guess… I just have to tour her around the guilds, right?”

“Yes, that’s it, and maybe give her some survival tips since she looks like a newbie,” said David as they walked towards the bench.

“Hello, again. This is -Grave Lie-. He will give you a tour of the guilds,” introduced David.

“Hi, my name’s Melody,” she said, shaking Grave’s hand. “Nice to meet you, and thanks again for pointing me to the UR Staff earlier.”

“Wait, so you two already met? But you said you met no one but creeps earlier. Does that mean Grave here is a creep, too?” asked David in mocked bewilderment.

“Wait, no!” exclaimed Melody, blushing. “I didn’t mean… He wasn’t-“

“Just kidding,” laughed David. Melody reddened even more. “Anyway, let her rest a bit before you go off, okay?” David said to Grave. “She almost fainted earlier. The lobby was terribly crowded.”

“Sure,” Grave nodded, seating himself on the other end of the bench.

“Well, I’m off. Have fun, you two.” David turned and started walking away. The last things he heard before getting out of earshot was Grave asking whether she really told David that he was creep, and Melody frantically explaining.

(tbc)
8/24
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 12/08/2012, 11:09

... Page 422 ... (this page has coffee cup stain in it, and half of the page has been ripped off, probably used as shopping list.).

So, Grave Lie...

Would you please list the things that are "mentally allowed" in this thread in your opinion? Especially "Fanfic adhering to subject" or "Fanfic written by Grave Lie" - reminding this is public open discussion board?
9/24
Sunday 12/08/2012, 12:24

Dark clouds always hung low around the Nightmare mansion, which gave the place an ominous atmosphere. Gnarled trees around the property cast frightening shadows on the grey stone walls of the mansion. Headstones, some with unreadable inscriptions, lined the front yard like warnings to keep visitors away.

As David made his way to the front porch of the building, he heard someone shoveling nearby. He looked around and saw the silhouette of a tall, thin man shoveling away at the far corner of the property. He couldn't tell if the man was digging up a grave or preparing a new one. David quickly dismissed the thought and proceeded to knock on the ornate front door of the mansion.

The door slowly creaked open, and David was greeted by a short fellow wearing a top hat with red and white stripes. He looked like a performer in the Freaks circus, but his pale skin told otherwise. He was wearing a jester outfit and carried a bag. A sinister smile ran across his face. David knew the man as Candy Jack.

“It’s good to see you again, Master David,” greeted Candy Jack as he ushered David in. “Would you like some candy?” Candy Jack took out a handful of treats from his bag and offered them to the guest.

(tbc)
10/24
Sunday 12/08/2012, 13:54

“No thank you,” said David. “I’m alright.”

“Are you sure? They’re really good.”

“Yes, I heard Timmy claiming that they’re to die for last Halloween, but I Don’t really have a liking for candies.”

“Okay,” replied a disheartened Candy Jack. “I’m guessing you’re here because Mistress Ielena summoned for help from the Staff?”

“Indeed, I am. Please lead the way.”

Candy Jack nodded. “I think it's in Dieter’s lab. The others are taking turns trying to contain it. But honestly, I don't think they know what they're doing.” Candy Jack shrugged as he led David to Dieter’s lab.

“Why aren’t you helping them out, by the way?” asked David as they went down a dingy staircase.

“Are you trying to be funny? Even Oshitsune took a beating from it, and the mistress was helping him out, too.”

“Oh? How are they now?”

“The mistress is resting in her room. She got some nasty cuts and bruises, but Hel said she’ll be alright. As for Oshitsune… I think Dieter is trying to put him back together.”

Oshitsune was torn to pieces?” asked David, amazed. “It sounds like I have a daunting task ahead of me.”

“Yeah, it is… In fact, it may even be too much for you.” Candy Jack sneered.

“I'll try my best.” David smiled. “So what am I facing here? The file I had didn't go into detail about it.”

(tbc)

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals