More Stop Cards?
Saturday 29/09/2012, 10:30
Project Soul - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
16 messages
More Stop Cards?
Project Soul - Hero English - Saturday 29/09/2012, 10:30

I think UR needs more and better stop cards other than Karen and Glosh,

They need abilities to assist with their clan bonus to be usuable, like how Glosh gets +3power

Freaks would probably need 7/1 (2 Star) Stop: +3 Life
^ because Freaks uses poison 1 damage is enough and 7 solid power, 3 life to help with poisoning.

Bangers would need 7/4 (3 Star) Stop: Stop Opp Bonus
^ Since Chlora is too big for elo and Saddy just stinks, stop makes the SOB situational to use but useless against GHEIST and Roots so its fair and not overpowered

What do you guys think?
« Previous12Next »

2/16
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 29/09/2012, 13:13

I personally find stop cards to be a bit too unrelyable unless you come across Roots or GHEIST so I prefer using non-stop cards.
3/16
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 29/09/2012, 14:19

A 7 4 Bangers is a bit like Loocio . Maybe a 2* Bangers with what you said but different stats. Freaks already have lots of usable 2 + 3* it's very hard to get another one! But yeah it would counter Soa for the better. (Mini Ashiko)
4/16
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 29/09/2012, 15:28

Normally I don't try and cards myself, but something like
3* Ulu Watu with 7/3 and ability of +2 damage, Stop: -1 opp power, min 1? So against non-soa 9/5, and against soa 9/3 -1 opp pow, min 1.
5/16
Prof Necros - Veteran - Evil Incorporated English
Saturday 29/09/2012, 16:12

I notice whenever a 'stop' card is released there is an air of disappointment that people have about it. In my opinion the better way of making cards to combat SOA is the 'backlash' ability or printing more cards with good base stats and minor but effective abilities, such as Jiro or Heitachi , so that the clan in general is better against SOA.
6/16
MobiusWyrm - Colossus - Second 2 None English
Saturday 29/09/2012, 19:24

I agree with UM_AaaBattery. The Stop Cards are too unreliable, unless you know you will be seeing a lot of SoA, they really aren't worth putting in your deck. If you look at where the current Stop: (X) ability cards are, you will probably find better cards in that range that are better suited for all around play, rather than a situational card.

Take Kyle as an example, he is a 7/2 Sentinel, with Stop: Damage +3, so unless I manage to find him in my hand against an opponent with a hand heavy in SoA, he might as well be an Aurelia. I can find better 2* cards to put in my deck like Lehanne, Morgan, Rick, or Tobbie. If I wanted to splash another clan in for that 2* slot, I could get Spiaghi, Lucy, Hawkins, or any other cord with 7 power, that wouldn't make me regret seeing it in the field unless I draw up against a G.H.E.I.S.T. or Roots deck.
7/16
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Saturday 29/09/2012, 20:21

I use Tyd against SoA so I've never had any experience with using Stop cards. From what I've heard though they're extremely unreliable due to their situational abilities. Personally I'd only use a stop if that card already had solid stats or a solid clan bonus and doesn't need its ability to win.
8/16
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 29/09/2012, 20:34

I actually think SOA has been nerfed just about enough at this point...

SOA clans now face Stop cards, Skeelz, power clans, and 8 powered cards that dont rely on their abilities that much

the current game is loaded with nasty abilities.... carrying a couple of SOA is always a good idea.. but if decks become loaded with nasty abilities supported by a handful of nasty stop cards, then opening rounds will become even more of a guessing game
9/16
Project Soul - Hero English
Sunday 30/09/2012, 05:32

Ever since Skeelz were release there has been a decline in stop cards, not every clan has a stop card yet though, i just feel in the mood to use them, and yes stop cards should have good base stats like Tyd/Noodile or similar 7/4 or 8/4 is solid for 3 star, 7/1, 6/4 or 7/2 for 2 star, for 4 stars if they are 6/6 they need +3 power or something, 7/5 can have any other ability, i think 5 star stop cards would be bad unless it has seriously insane stats like 8/7 or 7/8
10/16
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 30/09/2012, 06:55

8/4 with stop and the clan bonus is OP... consider Tyd and Noodile are considered solid/staple 3 stars for their clan

stop cards need to be what they are currently.... scary as hell vs SOA cards (i.e. Glosh) but a underdogs vs normal cards.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals