Update to the QuickBattle System in the Daily Tournaments

Thursday 25/10/2012, 17:13
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
20 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 25/10/2012, 17:13

The old QuickBattle system that was put in place for the Daily Tournaments had a few faults that we have tried to correct, notably the impossibility for certain players to find an adversary, and the fact that some players had to fight the same people over and over again. The new system that we have tried and tested was designed to overcome these problems, while maintaining the possibility for all players to participate fairly in the DTs, irrespective of the number of stars contained within their Decks.

Our criteria were as follows:

- A level zone that “recreates” the conditions of T1, adapted to a larger system (a 16-25 star zone) to give T1 aficionados the chance to play in the DTs;

- The chance to fight Decks containing the same amount of stars as the player’s Deck + or – a minimum of 5 stars (see the table for more information), in order to increase players’ fighting opportunities;

- Increased fairness within fights. For example, a player whose Deck contains 23 stars cannot challenge a player with a deck containing 32 stars.

In order to make things clearer for you, we have created a table that summarizes all the fighting opportunities available in this new QB system.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/img/localized/en/matchmaking.jpg

We very much hope that this updated system will meet with your approval. Happy gaming!

Note: Players entering DTs with a Deck of between 8 and 15 stars will be seen as having 16 stars, as far as the Matchmaking calculation is concerned, while those with a Deck of 41+ stars will be seen as having 40 stars.
« Previous12Next »

11/20
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 31/10/2012, 21:39

Ignore most of my last message. I didn't realise that Boing posted this on Friday lol. Pretty sure some other forums had it prior to us though, but I obviously missed it when it popped up here.
12/20
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 31/10/2012, 21:52

Finally a good idea, for ages using a 25 star deck I have only fought people with higher star decks, I had forgotten what its like to play first in a match
13/20
-sCapeg0d- - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 01/11/2012, 01:38

Hmm... What if I run a 40*+ deck ( trolololol )

Interesting changes, not sure whether good or bad ...

... running 16* decks would be near-suicidal especially if there's a chance to face off against a 24* or a 25*; plus if the DT scoring system remains the same, I see no point in running it considering the fact that "star difference" victory bonus only applies to a max of 5* difference.

... the above also applies to 16*-19* tier as per the table.

... "-The chance to fight Decks containing the same amount of stars as the player’s Deck + or – a minimum of 5 stars (see the table for more information), in order to increase players’ fighting opportunities;" Confused about this statement when it only hold true for slots 26*-30*

I guess I'll be running 20*/21* decks
14/20
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Thursday 01/11/2012, 10:25

Interesting changes, hopefully it would mean a fairer fight in average for most.

Mihall does point out some of the possible issues, and in the last few days i have also met some uneven draws, but overall i would say any step in the right direction is welcome.
15/20
Bagadur - Titan - Pioneers
Thursday 01/11/2012, 13:32

I was using 23* desk, It was great! Then... suddenly my opponents became stronger, I was beaten all the time. I thought, it was an error and write about it. I Don`t like to be beaten by strong ones. And I Don`t like to beat the weak ones. Bring back formats!
16/20
Coldberg - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 01/11/2012, 21:31

Wouldn't say these changes will have any effect on those players who like to run a T1 25* deck. They will still get matched against higher starred decks on a regular basis as that's what the majority of players now run with.

If I hadn't stumbled on this thread I wouldn't even have noticed the changes as I still find myself matched against higher starred decks most of the time.

Don't understand why we cannot just have a T1 room back. It's what so many users want because as it stands the game is heading down the path of less skill & more of a high powered luckfest. Just make a 40* deck, fill it with nukes & take the 50/50 shot at winning.
17/20
CC Gelnika - Veteran Español
Saturday 03/11/2012, 22:19

I'm a player that used to play Tourney quite often, stopped like a month ago, returned today, got awfully matched, a lot. The matchmaking was soooo bad that i had to check forums and found about this change...

Way to release the wrong mechanics, more chances to find a match, more chances to waste your time in an awful match.

Have to say bye bye to my 18* decks, ¿Game designers, what were you aiming for?
18/20
Bagadur - Titan - Pioneers
Sunday 04/11/2012, 04:42

Ueah, I am not playing in tournaments too. I am in ELO for a moment.
19/20
Breaking_bad - Novice - † OVER KILL † English
Friday 09/11/2012, 06:03

Its not fair to fight 25* vs 18*..
20/20
SpT_NightCrow - Legend - Spaghetti Tricolore English
Saturday 10/11/2012, 14:32

There's no room to play 23-28* decks anymore...too many players nowadays use only 30-40* decks and when you use less tha 25* QB has few alternatives to match you with...

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals