Spyke could use an elo unban

Thursday 20/12/2012, 01:43
AGPrinz - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
44 messages
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming'English - Thursday 20/12/2012, 01:43

Reason - mono Montana, Robb Cr, Artus, , Mono Skeelz, Mono Jungo, Mono Roots, Mono Piranas Dreen, Miho, Quibik, Lena, Desomond, Mona, Tula, Benicio, Jean, T Gaank, Haakan, and ALOT more counter him.

When he was released, he was extremely overpowered. Then UR released a ton of overpowered cards (cards that took the place of older cards) and now he is fair. Please note i didn't include soft counters like monosential, or cards like Stella and Corrina, who can stand toe to toe for a couple of pills.

Without him, Berserk are currently one of the worst clans, next to La Junta, whom lack solid DR and Protection: Damage, but that is another thread entirely.
« Previous12345Next »

11/44
0 ComeAtMe - Legend - aussie crusaders English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 09:35

@AGPrinz - No I don't believe he is joking.

Malanie is a great card because she is solid and deals 4 damage with her bonus. Fantastic 2* with minimal weaknesses.

Lola is awesome, a good DR (she acts like one) and if you want you can sneak 6 damage through.

Sprinter is a 8/7, 8/9 with bonus activated and your complaining? Maybe it's not the card, it's you.

Elvis is just amazing. 8/6 with SOA, can't complain with that. I resent you saying his bonus doesn't work with him, when Spyke was unbanned in ELO Elvis and Melanie were great counters to him, Elvis more so.
12/44
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 11:24

Ok, people are misunderstanding me. First, i meant to say that his ability works BEFORE his bonus. Meaning he is in fact, broken.

@trolls

Second, Urban rivals is going through massive power creep right now, in case anyone hasn't noticed. My point is that Spyke (or copper arguably) wouldnt be as powerful as they once were. UR did unban copper once, when was this? when SOA was running amuck. Also, Haze has almost the same stats as copper, and does better in some cases (although, copper does better vs Troompah, Haze does well against Olga and Spyke and no bonus Edwin and ALL soa) With Jean, and Angelo, and Quibik, Soa has become fairly prevelent again.
Also I think you fail to see the difference between Lyse Teria Cr and stop cards - Lyse Teria is good vs ALOT of different cards, stop cards are ONLY good vs soa. Aside from Karen, and Sprinter, how many stop cards are viable right now? Better question - how many stop cards are permabanend / have been on the ban list?

@ghelas What in your opinion is interesting? In case you havent noticed, the meta has already developed around the cards that are banned this week (more than fair bans this week imo), which is why we see so many Junkz and Jungo and Pussycats right now. I think it is interesting to see new ways to combat commonly used cards, while still being viable vs others. For instance, I find one of the most underrated cards in the game, is Norman, whom is imo top 2 3*s, and beter than scorpia in a half deck.
13/44
Thursday 20/12/2012, 11:26

Cont. Backlash gives you the ability to have cards that counter SOA, while limiting the ways they can be played vs non soa. These cards are the very interesting cards you speak of and want, imo. And I ask you, what clan currently has the most backlash cards?
14/44
Psychosis420 - Veteran English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 18:43

Oshitsune deserves to be unbanned way more than Spyke. At least he doesn't have a base 7 power to go with his insane ability.
15/44
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 19:14

@Prinz:

What in my opinion is interesting? Did you not catch the live show with the jugglers and the dancing pony?

I'm just trying to make the point that the meta tends to develop around individually strong cards. People see something like Askai or Spyke, realize they have an edge in a fight when they draw that card and their opponent doesn't, and include it in every deck they build. You can get a similar edge by building a well-rounded, interesting deck with cards that work well together, but why bother when the simple act of including the "power" card does the trick?

IMO bringing these cards back encourages ELO play to be, well, dumber. It's just fine when they are brand new -- it forces good players out of their comfort zones, people try new clan combinations and think hard about how to counter those "power" cards. But IMO, after they are done causing a bit of necessary upheaval in the meta, those cards can go and stay gone.

...And now, a heart-felt song performed by conjoined triplets. Interesting enough for you?
16/44
Thursday 20/12/2012, 20:57

@ghelas, the problem is, the abilities are becoming much better than the bonuses, IMO. Look at Gretjan...+16 attack support AND soa??? And Elriva is permabanned? Mutliple 2*s with SOA?
17/44
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 21:39

EVERYBODY PLEASE READ

SPRINTERS ABILITY WORKS AFTER HIS BONUS, YOU ARE ABLE TO KO AGAINST SOA FROM 9-11 LIFE LEFT. I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE.

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

I'm sorry, but actually play a card you feel like complaining about before complaining about it.
18/44
0 Nomi - Imperator - the courtyard of shadows English
Friday 21/12/2012, 04:55

Spyke... Unbanned? Hahahahaha, what's next? People asking for Lyse Teria or Jackie to be allowed on ELO? Lolno. I don't think Spyke is going to be unbanned in the next year or so. Also, in my opinion Spyke should've been a 5*, just like Jackie, that would make both slightly less broken. Not like that matters.
19/44
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Friday 21/12/2012, 17:49

Ok I do have to say that's incredibly stupid, Spyke using an Elo Unban? Oooohkaay then Sherlock. In my opinion are you just one of those Spyke Abusers who wants to include him in every Elo deck just to so you can abuse him? Spyke simply beats far too many cards for his weakness too Dr + many other power manipulation cards too even matter! + True that Gertjan is better than Elvira, UR is actually started to ban him .

But I have to say, there aren't many Roots Mono players, more Jungo or Montana or Rescue players for that matter. Which is mainly because Roots Mono doesn't have as many "Abuse" cards that they can take advantage of other than Gertjan.

+ the counters you have stated above are correct, but let me tell you one thing. There's a thing called AVOIDING certain cards you think can't beat them cards. Why would you play Spyke against an Artus, or a Mona when you're likely going to have a Melanie or a Elvis Sherlock??

And Mono Skeelz or Mono Jungo or Mono Pirates or Mono Montana don't counter Spyke, they merely make it so he has to use more pillz, he still creams the rest of the clan because even Oscar in Montana's can't handle this beast. And your argument may be why would I play soo many pillz? Well his point is a 7 lifegap which is pretty decent considering someone like Melanie can make that easily 11.

Running out of room, please just think before you post something so ridiculous as this...
20/44
0 ComeAtMe - Legend - aussie crusaders English
Friday 21/12/2012, 22:58

"But I have to say, there aren't many Roots Mono players"

I made my record in ELO (1440) using mono Roots. They are powerful and show true skill when playing, unlike clans like Jungo. When I say clans like Jungo, I mean players who abuse Askai and Troompah being legal - of course this is different when 1500+ players are playing it

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals