Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

How come the AI consistently have more stars on hand than me?

Sunday 31/03/2013, 11:58
Coney-DK - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
5 messages
Coney-DK - Guru English - Sunday 31/03/2013, 11:58

I really like the idea of being able to win a few cards every day. It wasn't there when I last played this game.
But it's just completely impossible for me to do so without spending hours losing every day, and in that case, I'd rather just play against a human

It seems that the decks the AI uses does not have a single card below 4 stars. I would love to be able to practice with my 25* deck, but really, I'm just getting my ass handed to me in every game. That seems silly for a deck that can place in top 150 of DTs if I don't mess up.

What's going on here? Do I simply have to make a 35* deck to even stand a chance against the AI?

2/5
gcttirth - Guru - Fair Tigers English
Sunday 31/03/2013, 12:30

It actually is simple. The AI got predictable pill usage against a type of deck. For example, against my La Junta deck, The AI seems to pill 9-12 pillz in round 1!! That obviously makes it easy for me to beat it. Also, against Pussy Cats, I have observed AI pilling 1-3 pillz first.

Just observe the pill usage pattern, and enjoy your 2-3 cards in 15-30 matches.
3/5
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 31/03/2013, 14:07

Or - have less than 20 star deck with great 2*/3* characters. AI gets more stars but its cards are undeveloped versions = usually inferior stats and no abilities enabled. Because AI has inferior cards it usually throws out a sucky cards 0-pilled = you automatically win first round. Winning 2 more round becomes ridiculosly easy.

Knowing the above brings your win rate to about 70% instantly. after observing how AI behaves in special cases you can easily reach 90%+ win rate and only cases when you are in trouble when AI has rare combination of enabled DR and few high damage smashers.

This is so effective I have made crippled versions of the decks I use to include few mission cards to them, they rarely matter in the outcome, so you get both the win and missions done with cards that are hard to play proper against human opponents.
4/5
Coney-DK - Guru English
Sunday 31/03/2013, 23:59

Alright, so I made a 20* deck in order to test your suggestion. It made it pretty easy to win the 30 matches for the day, but it was boring as hell, and it made the AI seem like a complete idiot:/ Shame, I had hoped to use the duels for testing purposes, but I guess that's not going to happen
5/5
AsianRepublic - Legend - Misfits English
Monday 01/04/2013, 04:03

I would suggest UR make a system that matches the player's stars in a deck and hand for testing purposes, or you could simply test a deck by putting it into action.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals