Sentinel

Need help
Frozn
Fang Pi w/o collectors
« Previous12Next »

2/11
RitzMalheur - Imperator - Friends Of Fate English
Thursday 18/04/2013, 04:09

Berzerk and Sentinel are pretty good, actually. Much better than Freaks or Roots. Sakrohm also might be in pretty bad condition.
3/11
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 18/04/2013, 05:44

The problem with Zerk and Sentinel is their lack of a killer 5*. Zerk had Spyke, who was better than most 5*, and Lehane for Sents. Without them they're pretty lackluster.

Frozn is okay, but sorely outclassed by some other clans who do the same thing Frozn does. Junkz have similar abilities but work with or without revenge. Fang Pi is really good without Kerozinn or Marly. Yoshida is about equal to Kero, while Kusuri is often used over Marlysa even for players with the Cr.

Sakhrom is actually probably the best half deck in the game with Mokra and Uranus, and still high-tier without them. Roots is broken, as usual, even without Yookie. Freaks, however, I have to agree with you. With them it's win round one or lose, they flat out suck without Olga.

I would say Vortex kind of sucks, despite using them this week I find them underwhelming due to their bonus not helping combat.
4/11
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 18/04/2013, 07:57

I demand this thread be shut down.

Err, just kidding.

Honestly, this is the topic of much debate, and many people disagree based purely on personal preference. Based on my experience of many slacker T100s and 2 Cr wins from ELO...

@AGPrinz:
Berzerk are bad.
Sentinel are mediocre.
Frozn are bad.
FPC... If you think this clan needs collectors, you are overlooking great cards. FPC is a top-notch clans and a part of many decks I made T100 with. Having Futoshi Ld does help, but they have great 4*s that you can run instead, even though he is easily their first 4* pick.

@Ritz:
As I said above, Berzerk bad, Sentinel mediocre...
Freaks and Roots are actually fiendishly strong. Easily among the 5 best clans in the game. When you get to higher ELO ratings, you will see a lot more people using them effectively.
Sakrohm are a-okay. They just take a certain kind of playstyle to run effectively.

@Duessl:
I think I already covered everything here, but let me explain Freaks real quick.
They have a lot of 8 power, a pinch of attack manip, and hands-down THE BEST damage bonus in the game. This allows their low-stars to hit like 5*s, and makes them an incredible half-deck. The Min 3 on their poison is easily negated with any life gain card.

Another great Freaks strategy is pill manip. If your opponent overpills to stop your first card, you can punish him for it with a pill manip card. This makes an ambiguous opener that's neither a bluff nor all-in fairly strong.
5/11
Thursday 18/04/2013, 08:02

Last but not least, Vortex. MY PEOPLE. Vortex is a difficult but incredibly strong and rewarding clan to half-deck. They die to SoA and they need help winning rounds, but that's okay... Because if they are beaten, they will effectively help you win some subsequent round! Vortex/Jungo is an effective combo. Jungo's life gain has amazing synergy with Cyb's poison and C Wing's defeat. Their high base power and solid gap helps fight Roots and GHEIST. Vortex can pick through DR and help create killer forks in this setup. Vortex/Nightmare is another combo, in fact what I used to reach T100 last week. Nightmare's SoB can help beat attack manip clans, and protects their abilities from Roots and GHEIST.

Vortex/Pussycats is also a strong combo. Don't ask me to explain that one. I think it's magic.
6/11
RitzMalheur - Imperator - Friends Of Fate English
Thursday 18/04/2013, 12:51

I said Roots sucked because all I ever see is 5-6 bans on them at once. I guess they still have it going, though! Sort of similar with Sakrohm, seeing as how literally all of their cards mentioned here are banned this week (and Uranus is banned more often than not I believe).

Suspicious of the Freaks claim. Some of their cards can be dangerous, but having an obvious playstyle (pill hard turn 1/2) and a bonus that doesn't actively contribute to combat doesn't seem like a winning combination, no matter how many 8 Pow cards they have. Bogdan is usable this week, as long as you have 25k to drop (enough to buy a half-decent deck in a more reliable clan), and in my experience a lot of their 3* cards are mediocre at best. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
7/11
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 18/04/2013, 15:14

@Ritz
Try it to believe it
Bogdan and Grudj can each cover the other's weakness. Both have 8 power, and both can tear through the enemy in different ways. Although they may not be as strong against Montana, Rescue, All Stars etc, their bluffing capabilities more than make up for it.
8/11
Friday 19/04/2013, 01:16

@Ritz: If the obvious playstyle seems counterintuitive to you, pair them with FPC and watch em go. This may seem counter-intuitive, as they're both essentially +bonus damage clans, but they work remarkably well together. The threat of high damage early on (potentially opening up good KO opportunities in round 3) AND the threat of strong reprisal if they pill hard to stop early poison damage will leave your opponents sweating. You will also end up with SoB, CoB, and maybe a SoA in your deck, high natural power, some attack or power manip... Very good but seldom played combo.
9/11
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Friday 19/04/2013, 03:37

Out of curiosity ghelas, what would be your FPC/Freaks for your preference this week?

I went with my first instinct this morning and used Bogdan, Grudj, Esmerelda, Bertha, Futoshi Ld, Heitachi, Shifou and Kusuri.
I only played a few matches but the deck was pretty cool. Not all the matches went smoothly due to some mind-reading opponents, but some good calls of my own gave me wins from tough situations.

There was something incredibly satisfying about drawing both bonuses. The artwork on the cards (particularly the FPC) was also quite aesthetically pleasing.
10/11
Friday 19/04/2013, 04:59

@JO3SHMO:

That's almost exactly the way I would run it, although I'd prefer to work in Baldovino over Bogdan (gasp!) and Zhu Tang over Heitachi. Zhu Tang can make for a ridiculously effective counter, and if he's bonus blocked or simply doesn't draw bonus, he's still a decent wall. Baldovino, of course, exists to strike terror into the hearts of your opponent. If you draw one of your pill manip cards and a 2* Freak, IMO open with the 2*. Your opponent will be afraid to both overpill and underpill, which puts them in an excellent position to make mistakes.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals