We’ve made a few changes to Duel mode:
- Reduced the number of cards to be won to one card a day for 10 wins.
- Limited the use of the room once the card has been won.
You can play Kate again the next day to win a card.
We've decided to make these changes because although the Duel room is very popular, it is, unfortunately, a victim of its own success.
Our initial aim in creating Duel mode was to help new players win cards and start their collection by playing.
However, this system has not fulfilled our aims: the fact that you can carry out unlimited fights does not encourage Urban Rivals’ new recruits to try out other rooms.
We would like this room to act as a transition zone between starting out in the game and entering the multiplayer game modes.
Currently a lot of players use this room to carry out their missions and earn battle points without having to even go into the multiplayer rooms, which is a further unintended consequence of the mode. Although Kate is very nice, we feel the essence of Urban Rivals is in the multiplayer modes.
Happy gaming to you all!
1) Number of Duel Mode battles increases as you level up:
lvl 1-5 = 5 (1 card)
lvl 5-15 = 15 (2 cards)
lvl 15-25 = 25 (3 cards)
25+ = Same number as our level (lvl 45 gets 45 battles). It's a reason to level up after you have all the leaders.
2) Duel Mode battles as a consolation prize on the slot machine
3) A certain number of fights in other modes would allow you to play more Duel Mode fights, numbers could change when UR feels a certain mode it's being played less. (you could restrict this to wins in other modes)
4) Duel Mode becomes unlimited after level X.
5) A series of quests on other modes to unlock Duel Mode for that month.
6) No more cards/Clintz in Duel Mode after level X, just BP and ability to advance missions.
7) No more Clintz/BP award, just the ability to advance missions.
I just hope UR understands the need for a legitimate single-player option.
Duel Mode keeps players from giving up fights in other modes, allows players to either play fast or take their time when their internet connection is not at it's best.
Just allow players to advance missions on a single player option, rather than taking someone else in to it.
Duel Mode made the game better for a lot of players, why push everyone in to your mold when something PROVED to be more entertaining?
Just unlock and allow mission advancement, no Clintz, no cards, no BP, how about that?
Duel Mode is great for missions !! The common cards are crap anyway so it don't matter if it is one card or none but a limit on how many times you are allowed to play in the room is nonsense a limit forces players on missions to go and play with other players that will make it harder and longer to complete missions UR is trying to force us into a bad situation after creating Duel Mode that was a great addition for players on missions if you force a limit on duel mode who is not to say that soon more limits will be implemented? The perfect solution would be to make the AI more intelligent, then no one would abuse Duel Mode but as it stands Kate sucks and I for one like my odds against her when I am playing for missions and when I am done with poison and heal missions I will have to move on to tourney, survivor and elo missions... I play on the mobile app for iOS and been playing all day just wondering about the limit cause I am still in Duel Mode ????