Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15
Espectroscuro - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
94 messages
Changes : Duel Mode
Espectroscuro - Admin - Le p0tagerEnglish - Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a few changes to Duel mode:
- Reduced the number of cards to be won to one card a day for 10 wins.
- Limited the use of the room once the card has been won.
You can play Kate again the next day to win a card.
We've decided to make these changes because although the Duel room is very popular, it is, unfortunately, a victim of its own success.
Our initial aim in creating Duel mode was to help new players win cards and start their collection by playing.
However, this system has not fulfilled our aims: the fact that you can carry out unlimited fights does not encourage Urban Rivals’ new recruits to try out other rooms.
We would like this room to act as a transition zone between starting out in the game and entering the multiplayer game modes.
Currently a lot of players use this room to carry out their missions and earn battle points without having to even go into the multiplayer rooms, which is a further unintended consequence of the mode. Although Kate is very nice, we feel the essence of Urban Rivals is in the multiplayer modes.

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910Next »

51/94
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 00:46

Eurgh. I had loved using Duel mode for missions because there was no fear of spiteful players quitting or timing out when it came to those much-maligned knockout missions. Now I've experience Kate timing out, which I can only assume is part of these changes. Call me a misanthrope but I like the idea that I can make progress without relying on people who--in plenty of experience--would rather shoot themselves in the foot than let someone else progress.
52/94
BAfH - Guru - Perfect Defect Effect English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 01:09

I see an advantage for big scale traders, obviously prizes for commons will rise; also there will be maybe some more newcomers in the other rooms to "beat around" by the more advanced. im not really convinced that this the majority of the community.
53/94
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 02:28

Seriously, if we're going to nerf duel mode to kingdom come, can we at least change missions so that timeouts count as winning the round as well as the match? Missions become infinitely more frustrating when they're impossible to make progress in.
54/94
OK Inhumane - Imperator - Organized Konfusion English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 03:12

All this has done really is make me hate the multiplayer rooms even more. Another thing it has done is decreased my playtime and my inclination for buying credits.

Now, instead of playing for upwards of 50-60 matches a day, I'll play 10 at most. And the odds of me buying credits now that there's nowhere fun to use my new cards is slim to none.

I've come to expect, in the six years that I've been playing this game, Urban Rivals staff to completely ruin their own game at every step, but this takes it to a whole new level. There's a public outcry for the return of Duel mode and they remain completely ignorant to the whims of their user-base.
55/94
lawlight13 - Imperator - Face Everything And Rejoice English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 06:32

UR did it again.ruining its own game
56/94
MaddAddams - Titan - Elephant Riders English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 07:20

I'm for this. DT participation numbers have dropped big time since the introduction of Duel mode. The value was just too good.
57/94
scottieevil - Colossus - Italian session English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 14:54

So, duel mode is gutted because too many people enjoy it. Well, that's fantastic customer service! Bravo.
I stopped playing elo and DT because of the abandoned game issue. If timeouts were counted as round wins and knockouts, I'd be more ok with this, but it's incredibly frustrating to be playing along, working on missions and have to deal with abandoned game after abandoned game. Duel mode played it out until the end, end of story
58/94
Valhalas - Titan English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 18:22

Why can't they just improve Kate's AI? If they only removed the all but 2 or all pill + fury plays on first/second rounds, it would lead to tremendous jump in difficulty.
59/94
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 19:45

+ 1 @tgh02
60/94
MaddAddams - Titan - Elephant Riders English
Thursday 27/06/2013, 23:15

@scottieevil: I think that is a very legitimate complaint. With many missions requiring KO's and round wins, it definitely is disappointing that people who rage-quit during DT's or ELO can impede your progress. UR staff would be wise to implement your suggestion as a boon to those who can't fulfill their missions due to rage-quits.

That doesn't mean propping up a multiplayer game with a heavily rewarded single-player mode is the answer. When Duel mode is too efficient with its prize support, I feel like I have to play it, even when I don't want to, and then the game becomes sort of Farmville-esque chore.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals