Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Is it generally better to use mono or half decks?

Saturday 07/09/2013, 03:58
express54321 - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
5 messages
express54321 - Guru - Dreams do come trueEnglish - Saturday 07/09/2013, 03:58

I've seen both mono and split decks be used in ELO. In general, which type of deck is better and why?

2/5
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Saturday 07/09/2013, 04:19

Mono = guaranteed ability
Half = more choices.

The answer? I've played both and I still don't know!
3/5
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Saturday 07/09/2013, 04:19

Guaranteed bonus. Oops.
4/5
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Saturday 07/09/2013, 04:55

I think split also screws with your opponent's head a bit. They have to consider which bonus will be thrown at them going first in a round. Like will a Flora stop kinichaw's ability and make it pointless to use her? Or will they stop kinichaw's bonus with Raeth and win the round so they don't have to deal with +19 attack with their Roots half?
And split is also used when one clan bonus complements another clan bonus, like Jungo/Huracan or Pussycats/Freaks (Or Pussycats/Frozn).
I guess it depends on which clan and the cards from that clan you're using. Some would be better off in mono like Isatis, Pilzken and Raven (obviously right?), but if you were using just cards like Brianna, Victoria, etc, you might try half.
I like split, for that mind game factor, but the problem is those 3-1 splits
5/5
yoyoaction - Veteran - aussie crusaders English
Saturday 07/09/2013, 05:55

I reckon half is better, as you can use them to make combos, like Frozn/Vortex, Jungo/Huracan, etc.
But some decks, such as Rescue, are obviously better mono, and in mono decks, it's better to use characters with support abilities.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals