[RP] Dartho...(work in progress)

Sunday 22/02/2009, 08:28
SimonW_UM - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
147 messages
SimonW_UM - Legend - URBAN MADNESSEnglish - Sunday 22/02/2009, 08:28

This is a story I am currently working on. For now...here is a preview piece (that is also the beginning). Enjoy!

DARTHO

The night was quite chilly. Tabitha did not notice, even though she was in beggar's rags. She was too frightened to take notice of the cold. She glanced behind her in fear. The stories she heard were true.
Suddenly, Tabitha bumped into a man in a black overcoat with a black top hat and wearing dark grey trousers.
She did not observe his clothing at the time, as she backed away, or tried to. The man had a hold of her shoulders.
"I say, steady on there, Miss!" stated the gentleman, but Tabitha hardly heard him.
She kicked the man in the shins, making him let go of her. Tabitha heard shouting behind her but she kept running. Ducking into a side-alley, Tabitha stopped as she reached a dead end. A shadow loomed over the nine-year-old girl. Turning around, gasping in short but heavy breaths, Tabitha fainted from fright, believing her persuer had caught up with her at last.

(if people like this and want more, please tell me here.)
« Previous12...89101112131415Next »

91/147
SimonW_UM - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 16/04/2009, 15:40

(part 64) IT'S BACK!!!

The Beadle was a simple man. Cruel but still simple. His only greatest flaw was his fear for his supervisor, the mysterious man and benefactor that ran the Workhouse without lifting a finger. The Beadle was the one who made the orphans work harder and if he saw any of them slacking off he took to them with his cane. The mysterious man never left his office and the black-stained windows seemed to send out a creepy vibe that scared the orphans into working to take their minds off things. The Beadle himself got a shiver down his spine whenever he glanced up at the room above that was opposite the small cleaning shack on the other end of the metal runway.
At the moment The Beadle was on top of rhe metal causeway, observing the orphans below working hard at scrubbing the Workhouse. The boys were at the mill, manned to a giant wheel that crushed wheat into flour. A slave driver with a whip that was a gangly lad was keeping them at their work.
Lightly tapping his cane on the metal causeway, The Beadle frowned in deep thought. The new lad seemed more scrawny then the rest, he would probably have to do brickwork before his muscles grow strong enough for the mill.

(to be continued...)
92/147
Thursday 07/05/2009, 13:53

The return of...DARTHO!!!

(part 65)

But for now the boy was to learn his place, a good few hours in the storage room without any food would teach the little blighter a thing or two. And if that didn’t work, there was always the cane.
Smirking cruelly at this thought, The Beagle stopped rapping his cane on the banister as he spied an orphan girl that was carrying a pail of water stumble and fall, a cascade of soapy water washing the still grimy floor with suds. With a howl of fury, The Beagle hurried as fast as his stumpy fat legs could carry him to the stairwell that seemed to sway with his movement as he tramped down the metal stairs two at a time.
In a second or two The Beagle was where the girl had fallen, a dark haired older girl who was sobbing.
“Get up!” hissed The Beagle with contempt, flogging the girl on the back with his cane as she rose to her knees before being hit.
Uttering a cry of pain, the black haired girl fell back down as The Beagle flogged her, the other younger girls having to work lest they would get the same treatment if The Beagle saw them slacking off.
“Get up now!” barked out The Beagle, kicking the girl over and ignoring the whimper that had come from her frail body as tears of pain rolled down her cheeks.
After a slight moment the girl started to rise to her feet once more, picking up the half empty bucket.
The Beagle pointed with his cane towards where she had just fetched the bucket of water.

(to be continued...)
93/147
Thursday 07/05/2009, 14:41

LAST PART!!!!

(part 66)

The girl said nothing, she merely hobbled along at a slow pace since her back was still sore from the beating.
Convinced he had installed order once more, The Beagle glanced sharply around to see if any slackers were present. The Beagle nodded his head with a satisfied air and walked back to the stairwell, his cane tapping on the cobbled dirty floor.

Tabitha felt disoriented and confused. She was no longer within the box and her head felt slightly lighter headed then usual. It took her a second to realize that was because she was in a more open space. She felt warm and her moon shaped pendant rested coolly against her warm skin. Due to the softness she seemed to acknowledge she was in a bed of some sort. Opening her eyes, Tabitha blinked and her eyes started to focus as a huddled figure at the end of the bed stated, “Finally, you are awake, Tabitha.”

The End?
94/147
HD-dusk - Legend - Heaven's Drift English
Thursday 07/05/2009, 14:57

So we have come to the end
i must say that reading your story has been intresting and worthwhile
i am intrigued to what will come next
and i am looking foward to reading more of your work as it has been a pleasurable experiance thanks for sharing it with us
95/147
Sunday 17/05/2009, 12:49

Glad somebody appreciates it. ^shrugs*
96/147
elchew_OC - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 17/05/2009, 13:04

Oh so this is Dartho...
97/147
-Brook-O_C - Titan English
Sunday 17/05/2009, 13:15

I have unfortuanley forgot about this one. Can you forgive me? :3
I'll have to read through it then, and read twice as fast, to finish it fast, and review it!
*starts reading from where I dropped off*
98/147
Arthur Daley - Legend - DL's Knights English
Monday 18/05/2009, 00:36

Try reading " The little match girl " by Hans Chrisian Andersen or i imagine you already have.
99/147
Monday 18/05/2009, 00:58

I know the story...sort of. And what I recall, this is nothing like it.
Maybe you should try re-reading that story instead.
100/147
HyperSumthin - Imperator English
Monday 18/05/2009, 01:17

I...i......need...a tissue.............so beautiful

« Previous12...89101112131415Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals